2" Pot Still

Pot still design and discussion

Re: 2" Pot Still

Postby R-sole » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:10 pm

I'll ask mate. i don't have any in stock and won't be ordering from China again for a few weeks.

I may be able to be talked out of the bubble balls in a month or two when the new Gonzolution comes, if the price was right...
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby Goldie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 pm

McStill wrote:You won't regret going for the 1000l cube mate, with the right pump you can nearly get mains pressure :D

I am only renting and unfortunately don't have the room that's why I was thinking of the wheelie bin.

So getting around 5-6lts per minute, hmmmmm think I want something faster for stripping runs. I have some 4" pipe, what sort of speeds should I see from a 4" pot?
Plus could I use my current condensor or should I build a shotgun to fully utilise the 4"

5Star, I am away at work for 4 weeks so no rush on the dimensions. Plus I need to make a final decision on the other www.5stardistilling.com.au items I will be ordering, maybe a SS shotgun to go on the 4" stripper.
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Re: 2

Postby Kimbo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Goldie wrote:

So getting around 5-6lts per minute, hmmmmm think I want something faster for stripping runs.

5-6L/min, is that a Typo? if not then that is pretty quick, even at 5-6 L/h is pretty good IMO ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Re: 2

Postby MacStill » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Goldie wrote:

So getting around 5-6lts per minute, hmmmmm think I want something faster for stripping runs.

5-6L/min, is that a Typo? if not then that is pretty quick, even at 5-6 L/h is pretty good IMO ;-)

:laughing-rolling: good pick up :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby R-sole » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:28 am

No worries on the shotguns. I have a couple of those in stock.
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby Goldie » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Kimbo wrote:
Goldie wrote:

Hahahahahaha yeah that is a typo, should be per hour.... :grin:
Goldie

equipment: 4" four perf plate column on a 100lt SS boiler, 2" Pot Still on 50lt keg boiler

Previous

Return to Pot Stills