My little toy...

Pot still design and discussion

My little toy...

Postby JayD » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:02 am

Hi,
I am new to using this type of gear but not to home brewing. I just thought you might like to see my little toy...it works well, depending on the wash I usually get around 700 mm out of a burn slow and steady and puts out a very good drop. The first photo is my likka, the second my cooling, and ofcorse the little doer...we all start some where.. :dance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JayD

equipment: JayD's Copper Worx

Re: My little toy...

Postby JayD » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:21 am

tonights effort...one bottle of 70% likka not to bad for this little set up, once it drops to seventy per cent I start to collect my tails.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JayD

Postby googe » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:32 am

Thats cool mate :). Nice and simple and good size to tuck away if need be. Well done!. You could even take that camping ! haha. WHats the garden hose on the outlet for?. Nice work.

Cheers
googe

Postby JayD » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:04 am

googe wrote:Thats cool mate :). Nice and simple and good size to tuck away if need be. Well done!. You could even take that camping ! haha. WHats the garden hose on the outlet for?. Nice work.

Cheers

The garden hose is an extension connector of the outlet tube...it seems to not effect the taste.
JayD

Postby JayD » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:35 pm

I played with the above set up last night and still achieved 700 mls and increased my % to 80%. What l done was reworked my outlet from my boiler to my collector through a bubbler then into an condensor coil set up in a esky..will post some pictures when I next use this little rig... until later folks. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

Postby MacStill » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:43 pm

I think you could do a little better than garden hose mate, even a compression fitting joiner would do the trick and only cost about $8 from a plumbing shop.

The one in the middle at the bottom is what you want.

MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby JayD » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:16 pm

very true...it was knocked up on a budget...l am a tightwad at times.
JayD

Postby MacStill » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:10 pm

I understand things can be tight mate, but not at the expense of your health... just cuz ya cant taste it dont mean there's nothing from that hose your not slowly poisoning yourself with.

You can even get those compression fittings in SS if you dont like brass :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby JayD » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:21 pm

ok.. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
JayD

Postby JayD » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 pm

here is a photo of my first home made bubbler using a coffee plunger for the vessel, this was first used and watched like a hawk during a cleaning run before l got serious..alls welcome to laugh but hey it worked and was safe...
JayD

Return to Pot Stills