My Swan pot starter kit

Pot still design and discussion

My Swan pot starter kit

Postby 1 2many » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:34 am

Hi guy's just want to show you a pot still i have aquired , I didn't build it myself that i feel a bit guilty about cause i like to make my own things but ,I will save the building for the next step up the mighty bubbler. But i figure this will get me started in the hobbie and will learn a lot in the mean time. . I was going to put it on my brewstation over easter but never dragged it out of the shed it is buried under heaps of crap that i will need to sort out before i can fire it up in a safe enviroment lol. so i just took a couple of snaps on a keg to show you. :D

Swan pot.jpg

swan pot top.jpg

Reflux mode.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Re: My Swan pot starter kit

Postby punchy21 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:50 am

1 2many wrote:Hi guy's just want to show you a pot still i have aquired

Sounds legit... :laughing-rolling:

Just kidding mate, very nice looking pot still. She'll serve you well :handgestures-thumbupleft:
punchy21

equipment: Modular 4" 4 plate Bubbler
6kW 50L Boiler

Postby googe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Good stuff mate, looks good :handgestures-thumbupleft: . when you doing a run?. How you gunna collect with the reflux mode?.
googe

Postby MacStill » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:35 pm

googe wrote: How you gunna collect with the reflux mode?.

Guess it is April fools day :teasing-neener:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby 1 2many » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:35 pm

googe wrote:Good stuff mate, looks good :handgestures-thumbupleft: . when you doing a run?. How you gunna collect with the reflux mode?.

Not going to collect in reflux mode mate it was a poor humour attempt :laughing-rolling: Just going to run it like a normal pot still . :handgestures-thumbupleft:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby googe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:49 pm

:laughing-rolling: seems I've seen to many people try to do the Reflux thing with a pot and thought uh God what's he doing haha. Good stuff mate you got me, seems April fool jokes don't happen very often anymore ! :think:
googe

Postby Brendan » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:12 pm

Looks very similar to something Mac may have built? ;-)

Looks the goods mate, although you want the bubbler, this will teach you about distilling what you can't read...then you will be hooked.

Good luck with your distilling. Keep it safe and clean :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Brendan

equipment: 4.99L Essential oil extractor

Postby MacStill » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:18 pm

Brendan wrote:Looks very similar to something Mac may have built? ;-)

Nah it resembles Draino's pelican still, it's not a swan ;-)

If it aint a Mac, take it back !! :teasing-neener:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby googe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:19 pm

Very true Brendan, no better way than learning hands on , a pot is the best :handgestures-thumbupleft: . Crow doesn't come on here anymore so we can say start with a pot then work up :laughing-rolling:
googe

Postby MacStill » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:28 pm

Oh he still gets on here googe, I'm sure he'll hunt you down once he's back up on deck ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 1 2many » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeh it is more of a pelican :doh: f..k me any way should work alright i am going to change the hose pipes don't like that much goin to bring the inlet end upto the outlet end just for neatness and to take the load off the liebig. ;-)
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Postby googe » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Yeah I've seen him sneakin around the traps, I'm very sure he'll hunt me down :laughing-rolling: . He truely is a great mod :handgestures-thumbupleft: . So 12 many, when are you going to run this fucking thing!?, I'm getting to excited for you :))
googe

Postby 1 2many » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:06 pm

Just gotta get the pump hook it all up and it will be ready.But i have safety issue in the shed that i got to fix (clean up :angry-banghead: ) and i will be away .Got to put down another wash i only have 23 ltrs and because the temp in melbourne has droped on the last few days the wash has cleared rite up i have a glass on the mantle that i have been watching and it was slow to clear in the heat but in the last few days it has cleared up real good.so maybe 1 to 2 weeks :pray:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

Return to Pot Stills