My possible build

Pot still design and discussion

My possible build

Postby CyBaThUg » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Where the hammer is will be a ss brace I have a real small pot so dunno if bigger is better dunno if the pic worked first time uploading
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CyBaThUg

equipment: pot still

Re: My possible build

Postby rumdidlydum » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:18 pm

Looks good. Just make sure you know wher you are going to be distilling so you can set the condenser at just the right height and angle, also will you be using a parrot? Will you ever get a parrot? Just alot easyer to set your angle and heights at this stage than down the track. How big is your boiler? Can it withstand the weight?
You look to be on the right track. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby CyBaThUg » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:34 pm

haha im in the process of making a 100 - 120 ltr capacity boiler i do use a parrot atm as well. thanks to the forrum it has put me in contact with another home distiller a couple streets away benpandae86 and he has built a few condensors so i am leaching as much info of him as i can but will definently need to make some sort of support up for it. Its just taking a while as i dont buy anything cuz im broke as so i have to pilfer it from work i love this hobby :dance:
CyBaThUg

equipment: pot still

Postby rumdidlydum » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:39 pm

Pilfer away mate. We all get bits from work don't we?
Looks you have a great mentor to bounce ideas off :handgestures-thumbupleft:
rumdidlydum

equipment: The infamous Illuminated chicken leg boiler, Rum glass and other bits and bobs

Postby 5 o'clock » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:13 am

rumdidlydum wrote:Pilfer away mate. We all get bits from work don't we?
:handgestures-thumbupleft:

I do but I hope my employees don't.
5 o'clock

equipment: Modular bubble plate still on a keg with 2 elements. Mostly run it as a pot so far.

Return to Pot Stills