Finished my still

Pot still design and discussion

Re: Finished my still

Postby hillzabilly » Wed May 11, 2016 10:04 am

sparkydan wrote:no worries , so ill change the fitting to a more safe metal and come up with a cap sealing gadget . i do have a 1.2 m twin fan outdoor range hood ill probably mount above it all that should help. any suggestions on sealing my cap?

For the cap to boiler I would use a 6inch tri clamp union ,not cheap but once fitted will take about 5 seconds ta remove or fit ,when I started stilling and building the connections and fittings where the main stumbling block until I found the site ,and had driven around the city trying ta find what I needed,read a few builds on pot stills and it should give ya an idear of what you can do ,ask people in your area where stainless fittings can be obtained at a reasonable price ,allways ring around and get a couple of prices as there are some shameless wolves out there,another option seeing ya pretty handy with tools is the "easy flange" use the search tool at the top of the page .cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Previous

Return to Pot Stills