3in Boka Questions

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: 3in Boka Questions

Postby Kenster » Tue May 23, 2017 8:34 pm

Skara, keep up the good work mate... my 2c.. i realise you have gone off the idea of 'getting' a TIG yourself, went down that path also, GAS is insanely expensive and given that (we) would be novices, a LOT of wasted gas... not good & good call.. Secondly, suss out the 'cup type' Boka as opposed to the slant plate, you could incorporate copper internals which may help a bit with sulphides but straight off the shelf to make up and IMHO a better alignment internally. Finally, lots of lost time to heatup with the 2400w, if you swap up to 3600, add a simple voltage controller, you have all bases covered.
Kenster

equipment: Still Spirits... turbo 500...retired.(Boiler retained, added 3kw element with variable temp)
RPG...3''x1200mm LM/VM combo...400mm double wound coldie
3''x1200mm copper pot & shares leibig from combo.

Re: 3in Boka Questions

Postby Skara » Wed May 24, 2017 4:13 pm

Yeah the heat up is a bit of a drag but its not to bad and im not in any real rush, the next keg I do I might put a bigger one or a second one in, I don't have any 15amp GPO in my new house however once the shed gets built the panel will be getting upgraded with three phase and a few 15amp circuits.

Also yeah someone mentioned the cup idea, that's the same as the suggestion a page back yeah where someone used a reducer and a raised blank out plate?

For now more pics, was a real bugger getting that jigsaw puzzle together last night while listening to Joss Rogan, Just need to cut the housing pipe, drill the inlet and outlet points then ask my hopeful welder....... how much to weld this while hopefully not grabbing my ankles. Note pipes are not in there final position I just have them sticking out that far cause a small bump and they fall out :).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skara

equipment: 50l SS Keg 2400w element
2" copper boka
2" pot still

Previous

Return to Reflux Stills