Boil-A-Beer Beer Me Boiler wiring

Reflux still design and discussion

Boil-A-Beer Beer Me Boiler wiring

Postby JustStill » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:09 am

Hi all.
I made the mistake of not taking photos when I disconnected wiring from inside my boiler.
Why did I do this, because I went back to my boiler expecting it to nearly be ready to turn the tap. To my surprise it was on 28 degrees and stopped getting warmer, it was dead. I checked the usual and tracked the issue down by the electric burn smell, it turned out to be my power switch on the boiler. Found a replacement for $4.95 but then could not work out how to wire it back up.
I am hoping one of you fine members will be able to help especially if you use the Boil-A-Beer, Beer Me Boiler. My boiler has a date printed on the element of 2012-12-24.
I did look at my Sons Boiler but his is only 6 months old and though it looks the same it is wired different and doesn't have the circuit board I have.
I have tried to attach a few photo's to show what I have done.
Please I know what I have done! No Judging Please.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards JustStill

Boil-A-Beer1.jpg

Boil-A-Beer2.jpg

Boil-A-Beer3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JustStill

equipment: I have a 30L Beer Me Boiler with the Pure Distilling Ultra Pure Still and the Pure Distilling Pot Still . I filter using the ultimate Spirit Filter.

Re: Boil-A-Beer Beer Me Boiler wiring

Postby warramungas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:06 pm

This is the exact same unit.
Best photos I could get without dismantling the unit. Its working fine so don't want to mess with it.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby warramungas » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:06 pm

6.jpg
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby JustStill » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Thanks Waramungas
:clap: :clap:
Photos will help me hopefully. Nicely done.
It may be cactus anyway but thought if I can get away with the new switch its way cheaper than a new boiler. $245 can supply me with a few ingrediants so I can make almost 5 brews.
Cheers and I will let you know how it goes. Or not!
:greetings-waveyellow:
JustStill

equipment: I have a 30L Beer Me Boiler with the Pure Distilling Ultra Pure Still and the Pure Distilling Pot Still . I filter using the ultimate Spirit Filter.

Postby hillzabilly » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:04 pm

You could also fit a weldless element if the standard one is shot,by cutting a hole in the side of ya boiler ,they come in a range of sizes from 900wt -2000wt and over,got mine from HBS I have a couple of the 25-30lt stainless still spirits boilers with three different sizes for choice.cheers hillzabilly ;-)
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby JustStill » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi All

hillzabilly wrote:You could also fit a weldless element if the standard one is shot,by cutting a hole in the side of ya boiler ,they come in a range of sizes from 900wt -2000wt and over,got mine from HBS I have a couple of the 25-30lt stainless still spirits boilers with three different sizes for choice.cheers hillzabilly ;-)

Good suggestion hillzabilly, didn't think about that at the time :think: . As they say there are more ways to skin a cat, you have suggested another worth keeping in mind. :clap:
But looks like my $495 switch and the wiring photos from ^:)^ warramungas ^:)^ has done the job. I have been able to bring to boil 5 liters of water with no problem. I ran out of time this weekend so next weekend i plan to try it with a wash and just in case I still have a problem I have my son's boiler to take over.

Looks like i should visit the portal more.
JustStill

Return to Reflux Stills