Keggomax modifications

Reflux still design and discussion

Keggomax modifications

Postby Jakev1988 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Hi all

Long time no post, I've been given a near new keggomax still I've wanted to get a reflux and was looking into a boka build but with limited time it's been on the back burners

I've done some research and have found a few posts which mention adding as scrubbers and modifying the cooling increase the %

I've put down 80l of TPW and plan on running it through my pot still then through the keggomax after I've done the nessessary mods to make some half decent neutral, if anyone can help me with some more suggestions and if possible some pictures to help improve the product from the keggo that would be greatly appreciated

Cheers jake
Jakev1988

equipment: Brand new alembic still with turbo 500 boiler

Looking to build a reflux once I get established

Re: Keggomax modifications

Postby warramungas » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 pm

Just looking at pics the RC looks about as strong as an asthmatic ant climbing a flight of stairs with a heavy load of shopping.
A copper scrubber put in there to help condense might help it but a power controller on your t500 might be in order. 2000 watts might be too much but you wont know for sure until you give it a go.

Worst case you run your 80 liters and find its not the best product you can put the product back in at around 40% and run again which should clean it up fairly well for you.
And make cuts if you can. That's always a good way to sort the good from the bad.
warramungas

equipment: 180 litre fermenter x 2
30 liter boiler
PDA-1
2" four plate modular bubbler
2" one meter long LM column
110 liter boiler with 25 liter (max) inline thumper
4" x 4 plate bubble cap still

Postby Woodsy71 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:02 pm

G'day Jake,

There's a bloke over on ModernD named Kimbodious. He did an awesome thread on modifying the Keggomax. Turned his Keggo into a beast :))

I reckon if you drift over there you'll find Kimbodious more than happy to help you out :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Woodsy71

equipment: CM and a Pot

Postby Jakev1988 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:38 pm

Thanks for the advice guys I've got a power controller already which is a bonus but I'll have a look over there and see what I come up with
Last edited by Sam. on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed double post
Jakev1988

equipment: Brand new alembic still with turbo 500 boiler

Looking to build a reflux once I get established

Return to Reflux Stills