my CM idea

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: my CM idea

Postby MacStill » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:38 pm

actually looking at it again you might as well crush it and start again :laughing-rolling:

It's definitely not going to work :handgestures-thumbdown:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby googe » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Yeah, wise idea. Don't think my brain can take much more of this bloody bubble chat. Im out for now.
googe

Postby emptyglass » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 pm

McStill wrote:it'll work, but I cant see it improving on a perforated plate set up...

:text-+1:
emptyglass

Postby googe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Fuck this obsessive hoddy :laughing-rolling: . Ok, how about this, tube inside for riser.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Postby googe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:02 pm

Started my cm, finally. Getting bits together slowly .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
googe

Postby Kimbo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Love the bling mate, its gunna be a nice looking build :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby googe » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks mate , got lots of shinny odd ss and copper fitting here I might try and incorporate. ment to ask, are the thermometers with the wire and separate thermo pickup any good ?.
googe

Postby Kimbo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:22 pm

They can be, the ones I have seen are pretty cheap, so it might be worth getting a couple just in case.
And remember, they arent needed to show the actual temp, just the changes in temp ;-)
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby googe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks mate, didn't really think about them not having to show actual temp, wouldn't I need to.know the temp to start the take off though :think: . Yeah was looking on Ebay and your right they are cheap, that's why I was curious,cheap shit usually breaks. Been looking around for the white faced ones I've seen a few of you use here and can't find any that seem right, most I've found are from 0 to like 400 or 600 c, would make.it hard to read slight changes. I'm guessing one that's 0 to 100c would be the go?.
googe

Postby googe » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:36 am

Question, would it be better to have water flow restricted to the reflux or away from the reflux for collection?.
googe

Postby MacStill » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:24 am

googe wrote:Question, would it be better to have water flow restricted to the reflux or away from the reflux for collection?.

It really just depends what suits you, I've had cooling on my bubblers valved both ways with no real differences :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby googe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks mate :handgestures-thumbupleft: , gunna be a slow build, didn't really realize how much work goes into one of these let alone $ :wtf:
googe

Postby Camikaze » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:01 pm

googe wrote:Started my cm, finally. Getting bits together slowly .

Googe, can you explain what the blingy bits are? They look cool but I'm fucked if I know how they work... :laughing-rolling:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby googe » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:02 pm

There argon gauges mate, will be using them as needle valves for coolent control. Hopefully lol.
googe

Postby Camikaze » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Gotcha! :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby googe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Bit more work on it, slowest build ever lol. To fucken hot here to do anything with heat so the soldering can wait !. Easy flange and inside flattened vapor path.
googe

Postby MacStill » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:12 pm

Do you reckon the argon guages/valves are going to work without pressure?

I'm not so sure bout it myself and would be testing them in a non explosive kinda way :think:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby googe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:35 pm

What do you mean about no pressure?.
googe

Postby MacStill » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Well an argon bottle is a high pressure container and if you do things right your still wont be :-B
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby googe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:27 pm

yeah, still lost 8-} coolent hasnt gotmanything to do with pressure in a cm has it?, theres a open vapor path.
googe

PreviousNext

Return to Reflux Stills