Vm reflux

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: Vm reflux

Postby Distillnation » Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:10 pm

Congratulations.... It's a condenser :D

IMG_20130423_152811.JPG

It wasn't too hard to do. Getting the first coil was the hardest but after that it went easy.

I'm happy with it, it could've been better, but for a first shot it's not too bad, better than the one that it had before. I'll make a small plate for it to sit in on top of the still (open to atmosphere ofcourse).

Will get some fittings for it now so I can test it out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Distillnation

equipment: L.M Frankenstill + 50L (weldless) electric boiler

Postby Distillnation » Thu May 02, 2013 11:59 am

Okay. So a few updates.

I've moved into my own house :handgestures-thumbupleft: :-D

Had a couple problems with getting power and internet, so was stuck with my phone only which makes it a bit annoying at times. But everything is good now.

So I got my 40L UJSM down on Tuesday, that is bubbling away and will hopefully be done soon. (Not too soon, still need to get the rain water tank setup for the cooling.

Finished the connections on the condenser, soldering a couple brass end caps on for the hose connections. That is all working good, just need to test it out with some vapor.

With any luck, I'll be all setup by the weekend, and will be able to get back in action. I have a bunch of dominoes that are just begging to be used.

The 5L test has fermented out, but I'm still waiting for the AirStill to try it out, that should be sometime soon though :D
Distillnation

Postby Distillnation » Tue May 14, 2013 8:41 pm

More updates...

Okay, so after moving out there are the usual things you have to fork out for...unfortunately the $250 I had put away for still gear..went towards fixing the damn washing machine :evil:

I managed to have a bit left over for 1m of 2" though, so it's not all bad.

I removed the 3" pipe from the condenser shroud and replaced it with some 2" so that should fix the problem of it not being able to fully condense when I put more heat in. The condenser actually fits in it nicely now without much room left over.

Here is what it looks like:
uploadfromtaptalk1368527865201.jpg

And with that adjustment, I dub my still "L.M Frankenstill".

I've adjusted,removed, added and screwed around with it so much, it looks like someone had just thrown a bunch of odd bits they had laying around together and hoped for a still :lol:.

It may not be pretty, but it works.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Distillnation

Previous

Return to Reflux Stills