2'' Boka Build

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: 2'' Boka Build

Postby Matt_Pl » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:47 am

Great ifno guys thank you!

12 litres from a fermenter? out of a 25 litre stripping run I struggle to get 4 litres...

I will defiantly be checking out your vodka thread Brennan.

Cheers guys
:text-+1:
Matt_Pl

equipment: 4" FSD Neutraliser, custom made 50 litre SS Keg Boiler powered by 4800 killer wasps.

Postby NotBenStiller » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:49 pm

re: funnels - can find SS funnels good for 1L bottles on ebay for about $8

If you want a big funnel for your fill port you can make your own real cheap
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2161#p33963

A 45L stripping run can result in 10-12L - depends on initial load of sugar in the wash

Corney keg or full kegs are good for storing low wines till ready for a stripping run. corneys have some rubber parts that you need to be aware of, is all.
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby bobanny » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Matt_Plew wrote:What does everyone use to store their stripping runs?

:text-+1: on extra keg or 5lt demijohns being the best option for high abv storage.

But if you're in a hurry and can't find either of the above, Big W sell 19lt stainless steel stockpots for $19. I use one as my boiler but it seems like a feasible cost effective option for storage as well. By the looks of them they are 100% stainless and glass. I'm using a 10lt stockpot for this purpose at the moment, I just wrapped the edge of the lid with a bit of plumbers tape (just to fill any small gaps) and also taped over the hole in the lid. I guess you would have to be careful where you store it, but that goes for any high abv storage (highly flamable).
IMG_2442.JPG

At some woolies you can find large glass cookie jars that hold approximately 2L and cost $4 each. I bought a few because it seemed cheap and I figured I could replace the silicone seal. Again, after removing the silicone, I just wrapped quite a bit of plumbers tape around the lid and the clamp holds it down. I think it were knocked over, it would leak out so its not 100% sealed but it's tight enough to stop evaporation.
IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

Also recently I saw you can get 2L pyrex measuring jugs from Big W for like $15.

PS I do not work for Woolworths :teasing-neener:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bobanny

equipment: Pot still plus thumper

Previous

Return to Reflux Stills