pure distillery still??

Reflux still design and discussion

Re: pure distillery still??

Postby bayshine » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 am

G'day will
I started with a pure distilling unit and it was a great little still to learn on and made great nuteral :handgestures-thumbupleft:
But I soon found it way to slow(4 hours plus to make 2.5l hearts)
I doesn't work as a pot still so only good for vodka also
I also could have saved a fair bit of money by getting a keg and building or buying a reflux/pot combo ;-)
Any way just my 2 bobs worth
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby jasonc2861 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:50 am

Been using mine for a couple of years now and have extended the colomb to 110cm long,I'm happy making good clean tpw vodka neutral and find it a good plug and play still,that will give you no grief. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
jasonc2861

equipment: Extended Pure distilling reflux,110cm,,bigger is better!

Postby wil » Sat May 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Thanks for all the replies people, I took up the offer from Big D of a "2" reflux. :handgestures-thumbupleft: top Bloke thanks Big D. just gotta find a keg now ( like rockin horse poop around here) & order some hardware from Mr Mac, then all the other little bits & pieces.

in the mean time I keep reading reading & reading, gotta say I can re read posts & always seem to get a greater understanding of the complexities of home distilling. Can't wait to start extracting some neutrals to play with,

Im already dreaming of a bubbler for doing rums,whiskies etc. :laughing-rolling: All in good time as I know I have to learn the basic's, but I recon Ive got a reasonable starting platform once I get it all set up.
thanks for everyone's input.
cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Wil
wil

equipment: 4" FSD Blockhead Neutralizer on a 50L keg boiler with FSD 2400Watt element

Postby wombat1970 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:34 am

I have a boka just built more than willing help you make your own I work in hunter but live on central coast pm me give you my phone number have made the jig for condenser and all
wombat1970

equipment: Pot Still and Relux still and an Desktop still and finally a 2 inch boka

Previous

Return to Reflux Stills