weather events in your town

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: weather events in your town

Postby MacStill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:45 pm

Brendan wrote:I don't know how you deal with that in a gal shed :oops:

Slow builds, early knock off & plenty of fluids.... it's not that bad actually :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby crow » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Thunder and lightning here but no rain, I expect the fire siren pretty soon
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Yummyrum » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Been raining here for last week .Fucken over it.

Expecting 300mm overnight and shit winds gusting up to 125kM

Guess we will have another flood tomorrow ,but that's what happens here.Gives the news crews something to film

Also over the Fucken "F" key not working on this keyboard .Its hard to cuss when you have to copy an paste "F" all the time :angry-banghead:
Yummyrum

equipment: Did use Still Spirits Reflux
Now use 50l Keg with Pot head for Rum and Neutral stripping runs on gas .
LM/VM head with 1m packed 2" on Still Spirits boiler for Neutrals.

Postby Andy » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:51 am

it so hot still 24 abduction 60% humidity!! least its only gonna get to 26 tomorrow :-)
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby Yummyrum » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:06 am

You lucky lucky barstard Andy :crying-blue:

Still pissing down here,didn't get the predicted flood last night .Its coming this arvo now.

Don't think I'll be climbing on any roofs today
Yummyrum

Postby Camikaze » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah, stiil rainin' here too mate.

At least it's warm enough here to jump in the spa with the missus this arvo for a few bevvies. :teasing-neener:

Just gotta watch the lightning.... :scared-shocked: :scared-shocked:
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby SBB » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:42 pm

Weather is bloody wild here around Northen NSW at the moment, its heading south I believe, so batten down the hatches if your in that area or as far south as Coffs
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Yummyrum » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:59 pm

Awesome SBB

Thats Just what I didn't want to here :crying-blue:

Our temporary outdoors kitchen might survive x_x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yummyrum

Postby SBB » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:36 pm

Mate Ive owned kitchens like that and worse over the years, If you get the winds there that we got here this afternoon you can kiss the kitchen good bye, Not trying to freak you out, but they were some of the strongest Ive seen in 25 years of living in this area, some gusts a bit east of here ( right on the coast) were recorded at 125km an hour.
Edit... probably should say Ive seen worse winds in the area.....but very very localized, It was bloody windy over a much bigger area than usual today.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Yummyrum » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:45 am

Kitchen survived ,Tarped it down best could.

Powers out,running on a generator at the momemnt.

When to town with the chainy ,had to cut up several trees across the road all the nieghbours pushed the logs away.Going back later ,good fire wood :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Towns cut off all roads in out flooded
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yummyrum

Postby SBB » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:05 am

:handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: Good to see the kitchen survived, been listening to the radio and sounds like your area and plenty of others down that way copped a fair hammering.
Plenty of roof damage and trees down around here too. Ballina Marine Rescue tower on the North wall of the river reported wind gusts of 170 km per hour, they evacuated the tower as it was starting to shake n move around.
SBB
Lifetime Member

Postby crow » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:13 pm

was 40' but now its raining its only 37 cause before I pull on a jumper and jeans I'll see how hot the still makes he shed :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Lupus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Away from home at the moment so not visiting the forum much. However, you can't be complaining too much about the humidity. It is currently -15degrees outside and the air is so bloody dry, I can feel my sinuses dehydrating!
Lupus

equipment: Total N00bie with lst to learn

Postby Cane Toad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:53 pm

WTF :scared-eek: -15' you can have it Lupus,I've got lumps behind the ears just thinking about it
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby crow » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 pm

Bucketing down and only 30 now, not ready to swap with ya Lupus. -15 catching up on some sun and surf in northern Quebec or something :scared-eek:
crow

Postby punchy21 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:39 pm

Just took the shade sails down just in case, the wind is starting to pick up... Should just be a heap of rain by the time it reaches here though... :pray:
punchy21

equipment: Modular 4" 4 plate Bubbler
6kW 50L Boiler

Postby crow » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:17 pm

Wet season weather here. The 80+ yr old next door reckons she can't ever remember this weather before, Hot and sticky Only ever got tropical weather once every five yrs back home never expected it here :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: .The oldies here tell me they got 9" of snow Christmas day 1949 :laughing-rolling:
crow

Postby Lupus » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:46 pm

Currently in Colorado for work. Denver copped a major snow storm on Sunday and the major snow falls closed roads and made driving dangerous.

Funny thing though, even though it was freezing even during the day with a high of -4, I got a bloody bad sunburn!

Just walked home from dinner and it was a bracing -16. :)
Lupus

equipment: Total N00bie with lst to learn

Postby emptyglass » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:16 pm

crow wrote:Wet season weather here. The 80+ yr old next door reckons she can't ever remember this weather before, Hot and sticky Only ever got tropical weather once every five yrs back home never expected it here :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: .The oldies here tell me they got 9" of snow Christmas day 1949 :laughing-rolling:

Ballarat swap meet used to be 3 days, one stinking hot, one wet and rainy, one as humid as nth Qld. Its always sticky here this time of year. Lucky is only a few days.
Don't believe all of what the old locals tell you, the gene pool was pretty slim when they were conceived out your way. The town has had some new blood since, but not much. :teasing-neener:

What are you worried about mate, I lost 2/3 my driveway today. I expect to loose the rest in the next few days. Soon be winter and you'll be as cold as lupus.
emptyglass

Postby crow » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 pm

hasn't been anything like this since i been here, fucking running around like a muppet today trying to get everything done stress thought I'd have a ciggy (I know) anyway sweating like blazes had 3 goes at rolling one before I gave up. only just finished racking the plum shit off to sealed fermenters got about 15 ltrs left over and nothing to put it in :angry-banghead: cubes all have backset in them (might be able to get some from a bloke on Schubert rd :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: private joke . Anyway I was so wet That I didn't even bother to get out of the rain
crow

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit