What's everyone drinking?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: What's everyone drinking?

Postby Wellsy » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:40 pm

Damm a full corny, makes my 3 ltr jar seem like spillage

Enjoy Stig
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:52 pm

You know I will :music-deathmetal:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:48 pm

Starting on a couple of New England IPAs will switch up to a nutrigrain whiskey in a few hours
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby chipboy » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:56 pm

A good use for a third gen corn sugar wash, add samual edwards flavouring and oak and leave for 6 months, not bad, peppery with good smoothness and oak bite.
chipboy

equipment: 50 litre keg, insulated and 4 plates at 4 inch. Home made mash tun.

Postby Wellsy » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:39 pm

Another day off another early start on the NEIPAs before switching to something else, who cares what lol :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:34 pm

Well got the levy finished at Mannum today so with me working in civil a Friday night has turned into a Thursday night :laughing-rolling: Got that fridge motor up on the chair and found which end sucked and which end blew as so fun this weekend after the penance due to tonight will fade and jobbies get done on Friday so will let the weekend free :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Until SWMBO speaks :scared-eek:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:28 pm

Well it’s whatever day it is ( you just gotta love holidays :laughing-rolling: ) the heat is starting to kick in and it is time for a beer in the usual stretching exercises before we start drinking some NGW later today :)

I hope everyone’s Christmas preparations are coming together
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:35 pm

Yep having a mellow day on the farm today and sipping on my single malt all day under the radar :handgestures-thumbupleft: only one day of work this week putting the last of the levy in at Mannum hoping the water has already broken what we did :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Well 4.30pm so went upto the shed with the 2 lagers I had down here in the house and as I have found these longnecks are rockets :scared-eek: so just kept cracking the crown seal to let the gas escape and still lost a 1/3rd of a bottle to foam :angry-banghead:

Now onto the second bottle and gave it 2 airings then decided to go over to the the sink and opened it :scared-eek: did I say rockets before :laughing-rolling: the longneck foamed out a full longneck :scared-eek: all over the wall behind my still :angry-banghead:

Then I looked over and saw Bliss :laughing-rolling: so put a 12 litres of water in my 15 litre stock pot and cleaned the cut jar :handgestures-thumbupleft: had a dram then tossed 1/2 the water over where the beer spewed out :handgestures-thumbupleft: to wash away the evidence :laughing-rolling:

So went did a count of the beer bottles here and next year start with kegs and C02 and set a tap up so in for a huge bottle run where :romance-kisscheek: SWMBO can I register the ute :romance-kisscheek:

So my hip flask with the single malt and Bliss what a start to the xmas break :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Pardot » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:15 pm

The eve of the eve of New Years Eve and I'm sitting watching the kids in the pool and sipping an Aussie Cream (the variation of the recipe put up by Grump3). Having just ordered an FSD pot still and finished work for the year, I'm feeling pretty chilled
Pardot

equipment: Alcoengine reflux on a Digiboil 35l, Air Still clone, FSD Pot Still

Postby Wellsy » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:14 am

Congrats Bardot
Wellsy

Postby iOnaBender » Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:58 pm

Fired up on a couple of NEIPA's or five, colour change to OeG aged for 3 months. Fekking nice drop!

Cheers
iOnaBender
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 4" Mac 5 SSG
125ltr NANO Pro boiler
FSD 2" Pot Still
75ltr Insulated Mash Tun
95ltr HLT

Postby Nathan02 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:07 pm

A very well matured rum while cooking up a batch of venison pies. The last bit of peace before bub #1 arrives
Nathan02

equipment: 6" 4 plate bubbler with optional packed section.

Postby BigRig » Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:14 pm

Nathan02 wrote:A very well matured rum while cooking up a batch of venison pies. The last bit of peace before bub #1 arrives

Bub #1, let the fun times begin. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I am having a coffee rum.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby Nathan02 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:25 pm

BigRig wrote:
Nathan02 wrote:A very well matured rum while cooking up a batch of venison pies. The last bit of peace before bub #1 arrives

Bub #1, let the fun times begin. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I am having a coffee rum.

Your coffee rum sounds like a very tasty thing BR. Now onto wobblyboots mashed rye whisky. Bloody good drop
Nathan02

equipment: 6" 4 plate bubbler with optional packed section.

Postby iOnaBender » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:19 pm

14 month aged rum, been on oak and raisins for that time! A bit cloudy, (due to raisins) but a nice drop :music-deathmetal:

Cheers
iOnaBender
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 4" Mac 5 SSG
125ltr NANO Pro boiler
FSD 2" Pot Still
75ltr Insulated Mash Tun
95ltr HLT

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:24 pm

Well went into the local to grab a slab of 150 lash's only to find the box is smaller :angry-banghead: then looked at the volume of each bottle only to find they had taken away 15ml :violence-smack: to make 330ml bottles. Had a look another brand of ale and went for that as the size was still 345ml and eh James Squire aint bad drop so went the Chancer Golden Ale :obscene-drinkingchug:

As before xmas SWMBO said do a bottle run from my shed and every throwdown with a crown seal was gone :scared-eek: Oh well time to restock throwdown bottles for the new year :laughing-rolling:

As each throwdown is taken out of the esky a throwdown of that pale ale I made is going in to refresh the esky and tomorrows batch of ice can throw some of my homebrew brew into the mix :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby bluc » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:05 pm

iOnaBender wrote:14 month aged rum, been on oak and raisins for that time! A bit cloudy, (due to raisins) but a nice drop :music-deathmetal:

Cheers

Raisen and chilli rum is a good combo too :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Birdman85 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:12 pm

A mix of my yellow label all grain on french oak and my homemade fireball whiskey.
Birdman85

equipment: 50L keg boiler, home made modular 2" pot still and CCVM.

Turbo500 (birthday gift)

Postby Wellsy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:56 pm

Sipping, well gulping a all grain NEIPA before moving on to a 100% corn whiskey later tonight.

We’ll say later but it is all relative as I will probably be crashed out by 8:00 pm lol

Happy Australia Day everyone
Wellsy

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit