What's everyone drinking?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: What's everyone drinking?

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:32 pm

Well had to get more ice for the esky and I chucked 3 longnecks of my pale ale and with the new addition of ice tomorrow some of my Lager is going in :handgestures-thumbupleft:

So here on the farm my way of getting cold beer is by using ice where my daughters keep pinching it for their drinks :laughing-rolling: I decided to frugle ice makers :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/kogan-ultr ... QlEALw_wcB

So for $139 and it only uses 105 watts @220 volts the justification with SWMBO has commenced :scared-eek:

As I'm working a scaffy labourer on the old Murray Bridge a talk with one of the scaffies mentioned if I made a frog he would buy one :handgestures-thumbupleft: As my youngest daughter breeds frogs yesterday I just to put it in where I'm going to sell more frogs at a better price :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

For my first frog it will be for a tape measure so the plan to case some of that vege/alum tanned hide where huge hides condensed :scared-eek: and man just to cut a belt will use more than one Stanely blade. :scared-eek:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:19 pm

I am confused

Are you drinking long necks of frogs and ice :laughing-rolling:

You better move on grid so you can enjoy beer and spirits :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Birdman85 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:49 pm

I have a Kogan bought Devanti icemaker and it cops an absolute flogging. Apart from getting a bit of mould build up when it runs low and water and no prick knows how to refill it, its been superb.
Birdman85

equipment: 50L keg boiler, home made modular 2" pot still and CCVM.

Turbo500 (birthday gift)

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:26 pm

Couple ice cold neipas to be followed by 18 mth old BWKO
Life sure is tough
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:49 pm

Got in trouble this morning for no ice in my beer esky :scared-eek: so just had to go in and get a bag and stuck some of my homebre pale ale in :handgestures-thumbupleft:

SWMBO comes home and my youngest daughter pulls a school laptop out of a box :scared-eek: so I just said new shed puter for Dad :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Well it is currently running winblows 7 and is password protected so back down the to the house to make a USB bootable disk to get mate going on it. :handgestures-thumbupleft: With HDMI output from this laptop I can get our old TV going as the screen and I may be able to see without glass's :laughing-rolling:

When I get it installed and up and running :handgestures-thumbupleft: a few drams will be consumed :obscene-drinkingchug: as my old laptop which is well over 10 years old can get used for other things and this new laptop may be just a tad quicker. :laughing-rolling:

I'm sure if Wellsy got this old password protected laptop it would go in the bin :scared-eek: rahter than put a foriegn operating system on so it just plain works. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

So 2.6 gig downloaded the .iso image since I started this post so now time for some fun :obscene-drinkingchug:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby BigRig » Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:45 pm

I am having home brew pale ale while cooking pizzas in the pizza oven.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby iOnaBender » Sun Jan 29, 2023 5:59 pm

After a 12.5hr drive home from Condobolin NSW to Qld, I’m relaxing with a few Capital “hang loose juice” NEIPA’s! Not a bad drop

Cheers
iOnaBender
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 4" Mac 5 SSG
125ltr NANO Pro boiler
FSD 2" Pot Still
75ltr Insulated Mash Tun
95ltr HLT

Postby Wellsy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:21 pm

Started on the home made NEIPAs now on the BWKO.

If you are ever down here with the Mexicans Bender I got a key I am happy to share with you or any other member :)
Wellsy

Postby iOnaBender » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:00 pm

Wellsy wrote:Started on the home made NEIPAs now on the BWKO.

If you are ever down here with the Mexicans Bender I got a key I am happy to share with you or any other member :)

Thanks Wellsy, you’re a scholar and a gentleman!

Cheers
iOnaBender
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 4" Mac 5 SSG
125ltr NANO Pro boiler
FSD 2" Pot Still
75ltr Insulated Mash Tun
95ltr HLT

Postby bluc » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:08 pm

New make rum mixed 20% 18mnth old rum 80% new make. Very drinkable
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:48 pm

Well Friday arvo beers came in a different kind today 330ml JD and coke :puke-huge: :laughing-rolling: Well just had to put down 2 of of them to keep in check :laughing-rolling:

Got a 6 pack of pales tonight and after work tomorrow another 6 pack on ice with my homebrew pale :handgestures-thumbupleft: after aging for a month it will be interesting doing a taste comparison and on Sunday another pale ferment is going down as next week it is in the high 20's not like today where I saw a temp of 9C when I started the merc :scared-eek:

On Monday I expect this 4 axis USB CNC controller to turn up so the fun can start :handgestures-thumbupleft: last weekend SWMBO came home with 2 box's of donated goods and Ellie pulled out a EeePC laptop :scared-eek: so I asked ok thats my new shed puter :laughing-rolling: Well yes it did have winblows7 on it and password protected so I got a usb dongle of my daughter and burned a ISO of mate onto it. Then looked at linux-cnc and found the ISO for that and installed it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Well I did think I needed a bigger monitor than the old 14" ones I have here and what popped up a 20" LCD screen on the local chat free need gone tomorrow :handgestures-thumbupleft: So Monday I asked SWMBO to reply etc and when I got home it was there.

No beer for this project most times but a dram here there will be on the order.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby The Stig » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:00 pm

Spiced rum tonight
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby BigRig » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:52 pm

Ice cold beers in SEQ. Speaking to a mate in Ballarat and he asked me to hang on a sec so he can put another log on the fire :laughing-rolling:
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby Wellsy » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:04 pm

BWKO 18 months old
For all the new guys work hard to get that stock pile it really is worth it :)
Wellsy

Postby Carol » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:11 pm

Blackberry Ripe liqueur!
Carol
Mentor

equipment: Still Spirits Air Still
FSD 2" Boka (aka Boris)
FSD 2" pot still ( aka Natasha)

Postby The Stig » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:14 pm

BigRig wrote:Ice cold beers in SEQ. Speaking to a mate in Ballarat and he asked me to hang on a sec so he can put another log on the fire :laughing-rolling:

Send some snow here , it’s mental at the moment (he said in his air conditioned room) :teasing-neener:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:22 am

Coffee, but it is 9:30 am :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:02 pm

Wellsy wrote:Coffee, but it is 9:30 am :laughing-rolling:

CHICKEN :)) :)) :)) somewhere in the world that yard arm has arrived so no excuses for saying it's too early downunder :laughing-rolling: Speaking of which that arm yard just arrived here 8-} so one pale ale then a home brew pale ale then rinse and repeat :laughing-rolling: and maybe a dram or there to alter the taste buds :laughing-rolling:
Last edited by RuddyCrazy on Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Wellsy » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:07 pm

On my second glass ofBWKO why is the tv out of focus
Wellsy

Postby The Stig » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:57 pm

Speeeced rum hehehe :teasing-neener: :music-deathmetal: :happy-partydance:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit