Tas whiskey week

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Tas whiskey week

Postby Minpac » Tue May 30, 2017 12:54 pm

Hey all,

Considering going down to Tasmania for a bit of a holiday, but might go at the same time as tas whiskey week. Did anyone go last year? Any recommendations?

Will need to figure out car rental and accommodation, as well as which distilleries to tour.
Minpac

equipment: 2" pot, 2" VM

Re: Tas whiskey week

Postby hillzabilly » Tue May 30, 2017 1:12 pm

Was over that way for a day a few years ago ,did the Larks tour was very good,also toured Sullivans cove wich has an award for worlds best whiskey,after visiting both in one day and tasteing several times plus a huge counter meal at one of Hobarts dock side pubs me and my brother were in no condition ta drive anywere,and do not forget ta take some warm clothes,the one regret I had is I wish I had recorded the visits because after all the sampleing ones memory gets a bit foggy.cheers hillzabilly :obscene-drinkingdrunk:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby Azza76 » Tue May 30, 2017 3:57 pm

We went on an organised whiskey and beer tour through a place called drink Tasmania can recommend them highly :handgestures-thumbupleft: also went to Hellyers Rd in Burnie which was good also.

We hired a people mover and was great for carting the family around the joint.

A lot of the distilleries are only small and do appointments only and some only have the tour group in no public tours
Azza76

equipment: 2" pot still shotgun condenser
2"boka 50 lt keg boiler

Postby Psykamaholik » Wed May 31, 2017 6:15 pm

:text-+1: For drink tasmania tours. I`ve been on 2 of them now doing different distilleries each time
Psykamaholik

equipment: Fusel express super reflux still

Postby PeterC » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 am

OK, I am visiting Tassie with the missus in April. I see Larks and Sullivans recommended. Plus something in Burnie? What else do you guys suggest? I have committed the wife to that we can do equal time in distilleries and craft shops. If they were next door that would be perfect! :dance:
PeterC

equipment: An 18gall. (80L) keg boiler. A 50L Keg boiler. A 4 plate, 4 inch glass column, 500mm packed section Carter head. A 1.8L all copper micro still for small batches of Gin. Plus other bits.

Postby Fishleg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:12 am

Went to McHenry's down near port Arthur just recently,excellent single malt whiskey and tasted 8 different types of gin all of which were very nice.
Fishleg

equipment: FSD neutraliser with 85 litre keg boiler

Return to The Dunder Pit