Commercial whisky distilleries and bubblers

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Commercial whisky distilleries and bubblers

Postby EziTasting » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:39 pm

:think: never considered Static Electricity!
It’s what causes fires at petrol stations... makes sense! Would have thought then that they would take steps to mitigate that!?! :think:
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby wynnum1 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:54 pm

wynnum1

Postby the Doctor » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:51 am

Sparrow wrote:Gday all,

Just a quick question out of nothing other than curiosity. Are there any commercial whisky distilleries that use bubblers? Everywhere I've looked it's all pot still, and I'm unsure whether it's tradition or quality that's takes it to that?

Cheers for any input,

Sparrow

We use both Coffey (bubbler) stills and pot stills... Pot stills exclusively for Whiskey and Brandy... and bubblers for all white spirits...... the reason so many distilleries use pot stills only is because they re process bought in neutral spirit... so believe they do not need a bubbler.... we love that...as it really helps our white spirit to shine at competition and to the consumers... making our own spirit has given us a distinct advantage in the market. We do not re process a drop of heads or tails, this has given all our spirits a remarkably clean palate and living in a cold environment a clean source of heating for our house and bar ( we run 4 x eco - fire ethanol heaters ).... a win/win so I am all for bubblers.
Doc
Last edited by the Doctor on Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby wynnum1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:18 am

the Doctor wrote:

Just a quick question out of nothing other than curiosity. Are there any commercial whisky distilleries that use bubblers? Everywhere I've looked it's all pot still, and I'm unsure whether it's tradition or quality that's takes it to that?

Cheers for any input,

Sparrow

We use both Coffey (bubbler) stills and pot stills... Pot stills exclusively for Whiskey and Brandy... and bubblers for all white spirits...... the reason so many distilleries use pot stills only is because they re process bought in neutral spirit... so believe they do not need a bubbler.... we love that...as it really helps our white spirit to shine at competition and to the consumers... making our own spirit has given us a distinct advantage in the market. We do not re process a drop of heads or tails, this has given all our spirits a remarkably clean palate and living in a cold environment a clean source of heating for our house and bar ( we run 4 x eco - fire ethanol heaters ).... a win/win so I am all for bubblers.
Doc

Doc what do you do with distillery waste can that be put in a bio reactor to create methane saw a program where they where putting cans of beer in and wondered why where not distilling for fuel alcohol the way the price of gas is going up using waste to gas may be a good idea.
wynnum1

Postby the Doctor » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:48 pm

wynnum1 wrote:
the Doctor wrote:

Cheers for any input,

Sparrow

Doc

Doc what do you do with distillery waste can that be put in a bio reactor to create methane saw a program where they where putting cans of beer in and wondered why where not distilling for fuel alcohol the way the price of gas is going up using waste to gas may be a good idea.

We use the grain to feed sheep, the botanicals are given to the local butcher to make into his salami...all liquid waste is processed onsite through four bacterial beds then it is put into a dam for evaporation. So to be honest there is not a lot left, we even dehydrate the fruit we use in our gin for cocktail garnish.
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit