RunSheet

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

RunSheet

Postby r1zzla » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:57 pm

8 or 9 months ago after dabbling in my new hobby for a few months with my 2" reflux, I was too busy enjoying the fruits of my labours and explaining to SWMBO how my 'latest' hobby was not going to be like all the others. However, I chose to ignore the advise of seasoned 'stillers everywhere and not record anything.

10 or 12 runs later with various jars filled with various types of 'stilled wash, with various treatments (oaking, spiced rum, WBAB Southern Comfort, chilli vodka etc), I decided I needed to start writing EVERYTHING down, as even when I found something beautiful I had no way to replicate it.

Hence the Black Book - a few months later - can't read my writing, never recorded the same thing twice, can't 'edit' with changes/observations, which only got worse when I upgraded to a Neutraliser :happy-partydance:

So I went electronical - a $25 laptop from 'crime converters' for the shed - and a few trial and errors later - I thought I'd offer my run sheet spreadsheet , mainly for newbies (everyone else will already have their own 'recording procedures').

I now track the wash, the distillation & subsequent macerations, aging etc in the same place ....

RunSheet.xls

Runs in M$Excel 2003-->2016
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
r1zzla

equipment: 80L horizontal keg boiler & FSD 6 plate Neutraliser.
Carter Head with 2 plates
pure distilling reflux.

Re: RunSheet

Postby Lowie » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Nice one Rizla. Little bit too much info for me, but I reckon I'll give it try :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Lowie

equipment: 4", 4 plate "Frankenfurter" copper bubbler and blockhead on a 50L 3000W electric boiler, 10000W controller - don't even know why I need that much, all grain HERMS system through 18G HLT keg and 50L mash tun.

Postby bluc » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Yea am the same but more like 2years uncharted data :whistle:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby EziTasting » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 pm

Awesome job.
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby r1zzla » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:57 pm

If you stick with it and record the data for each wash/distillation, it soon becomes obvious when a run is not 'normal'.
It's easy to change collection jar sizes etc and some of the other less obvious 'cells' are explainable if needed.

It helps me take the same data each run, then follow up with what i decide to with the resulting distillate.
r1zzla

pure distilling reflux.

Postby r1zzla » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:15 pm

'Tab 41" is an example of a TPW wash run thru my neutraliser and what i did with it after. I just click on the 'blank' tab and make a new copy for each wash, then follow up with what ever I decide to do with the resulting distillate.
r1zzla

pure distilling reflux.

Return to The Dunder Pit