SA meet and greet off the grid

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

SA meet and greet off the grid

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:41 pm

G'day Guy's,
Well I would love to host a greet and meet at my farm but I have 3 females in the way so how about an off grid meet where people can set camp and setup tents and we can have a good time off the grid.

I do have an entrance to the back of my farm and inside we can run free and I will make the stock stay over the hill incase we have some pussies. As most of have 4WD's use them and lets get this meet happening. The full address can be supplied if you send me a message. A 1/2 mega litre dam dam spring fed can suplly fresh water in the morning. Just watch for the black snakes as they can get narky if you scare them. But if we make enough noise they will stay away but cows aint so smart and three died.

Don't want to scare you away from the place but it will be a good camping site and if guys are upto it then it's on
\

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Re: SA meet and greet off the grid

Postby ed9362 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:38 am

I would be there with bells on if you were a little closer to melbourne
ed9362

equipment: Pure distilling reflux still kit. A few extra fermenters
2" pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:48 pm

G'day Guy's,
Well to date only our mates over the border have put their hand up to come over for a meet. So if guy's are willing to come over then it is a must to provide some creature comforts so grid dwellers won't fell too far out of place.

The first thing to be done is running water and rainfall is the best as up here what falls from the sky is potable water and freshwater to drink and a shower would be must after roughing it in paddock away from the metro. I do have have a heap of gear left by a bloke over 8 years ago that needs to moved and used. So with the frames which used to be the floor can get secured to the ground and a few sheets of corrugated iron and a gutter at the base. I do have 2 off 1,000 litre IBC's to donate to the cause so a shower and off grid toilet can be setup. The idea is to use gravity to our advantage and the crop of trees near the top of the hill may be the go. It a nice spot with plenty of hills to roll down if one gets the wobbles :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Well the first order is to see are any SA members interested so we can get the ball rolling and date can set.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby r1zzla » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:31 pm

Bryan
Sounds great - count me in.
r1zzla

equipment: 80L horizontal keg boiler & FSD 6 plate Neutraliser.
Carter Head with 2 plates
pure distilling reflux.

Postby Nino » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:22 pm

I wouldn't mind coming down for a day trip, would love to meet some of the people that are on the forum and put faces to names :).

Regards,
Nino
Nino

equipment: Black Mangus reflux still and 30lt boiler. 4" Modular pot still from FSD. Now a 50lt keg boiler with 2 2400 watt heating elements and a controller. 5 plate bubbler with a 500mm packed section

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:30 pm

I did get a pm off a local member who is interested, now for this paddock meet a bit of work does need to be done. I do have a 6x3 metre pavilion to set up along with a floor which in the stack left out the back by a former mate who was going to move on here but found QLD a better option.

What I was thinking is if some guys down the hill want a days country life more opinions the better on setting up the site. I can show my setup and just bring your favorite bottle along and I will fill it with my gear so one can savour it in the comfort of suburbia. :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener: :teasing-neener:

The whole point of this meet is get some guys over from the border and I reckon once the site is built time to put some fermenters in then on the day do a still run. Just need to workout the best solution on the cooling water from the spring fed dam.

Got all the gear here to set this up so if guys want to help in the long run we will be in for one good day.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Dig Brinker » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Come on all you S.A. blokes, get up and give Bryan a hand. I’m keen for a weekend visit and so are a few others. Let’s get this happening!

I can bring tents or sleep in the car. No need for fancy marquees...unless you have big spiders there lol
Dig Brinker

equipment: 4 inch 4 plate bubbler on keg boiler

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:33 pm

Ok Guy's,
I am talking on other forums and a few guys from interstate are interested but we have have to wait until the fire season ends so we can have a decent fire going so we can talk all night and into the morning if so desired.

I will setup a IBC ontop of the hill so I can provide a shower under a tree and use some ag pipe for the hot water away from the camp site so people can refresh in the morning.

Those people with cars that aint designed to run on dirt roads will have to leave them on the flat at the rear of the property and walk up the hill but for those that have a car that can go off the road depending on the weather can drive straight up to the camp site.

For the Adelaide members well if you want to come up for the day and say allo it will be great and then I can take you for a walk over the hill and then we can suggest the best site for the big meet. I can prepare my MiniMe pot still for a quick run and let you guy's take it home to age and the 2 runs to date are just WOW after 3 months aging. Less than an hour to run so if you have a wash bring up and we can run it thru the MiniMe.

I went for a meet down in Tasi last month and that was my first meet where my Manzano Chilli vodka hit a soft spot for everyone that turned up and the Chilli Brandy well that was the second generation and the guys said well it is bloody nice but the chilli flavour didn't carry thru. I told them it is for the weak that can't handle chilli and Suzi Crows Better Half owned the bottle after I asked if she tasted it.

Well as I've said this all off the grid so we have to make our own so if you guys are up for it I am happy to meet any locals before the big meet in Autumn.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Goog » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:35 pm

:handgestures-thumbupleft: Bryan1 I would be interested in coming for the meet if you get it all up and running and the dates suit.
Goog

equipment: Air still
2” pot on a keg boiler

Postby r1zzla » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Count me in if its happening after the middle of April. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
r1zzla

equipment: 80L horizontal keg boiler & FSD 6 plate Neutraliser.
Carter Head with 2 plates
pure distilling reflux.

Postby Lowie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Reckon I might just cruise up the hill too Bryan. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Lowie

equipment: 4", 4 plate "Frankenfurter" copper bubbler and blockhead on a 50L 3000W electric boiler, 10000W controller - don't even know why I need that much, all grain HERMS system through 18G HLT keg and 50L mash tun.

Postby Permaclutter » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:59 pm

G'day
I'm keen too. Are you in fire zone 2 or 6?
Weekends of 20/4 ,4/5 ,18/5 ,1/6 i am just a couple of hills away in Highland Valley.
Happy to help with prep work if needed.
Cheers
Permaclutter

equipment: 80l horizontal keg, 3" x1300mm ss packed column Block head CM with gin basket

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:17 pm

G'day Guy's,
Well the fireban has been pushed out 18th of may this year and bonfires will be out of the question, anyway for the Adelaide members if we want to arrange a weekend for a day meet and a good chat and a look out the back on how we can setup the venue for a big meet down the track.

With having one of the best restaurants close to home with a B & B I do have to get some pricing so if guys want to have a tipple a nice bed is there so the risk of the drive home isn't there.

i have been trying for a couple of years to get this going so some of the international members can come over and we can give them the aussie treatment.

Anyway up to you guy's.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Return to The Dunder Pit