What's the go this long weekend?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

What's the go this long weekend?

Postby woodduck » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:07 am

What's everyone upto this long weekend?
I'm gonna try my luck at a big mulloway, salmon or gummy over the dunes at the coorong. Making a few sinkers and prepping all my gear that I haven't used for years, bloody mice have probably eaten through my line :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Also taking the new maxtrax I got for christmas out for a run. I will more than likely need them over there :laughing-rolling:

A few blokes, a bbq and a few bourbons on the beach, not a bad Australia day :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Re: What's the go this long weekend?

Postby Professor Green » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:22 am

Today, making gin. Tomorrow, drinking gin!

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby Sam. » Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 am

Those maxtrax work awesome :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby bluc » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 am

BBQ in the backyard for me at my bro's place.. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby A&O » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:50 am

Trying to keep the kids from talking to each other, and stop them from using each other as punching bags. Good thing school is back next week, they are sick and tired of each other.
A&O

equipment: 4" 7 foot Blockhead Column - 5 Plate + 500mm Packed section
50L Converted upside down keg

Postby Fishleg » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:26 pm

:text-+1:
A&O wrote:Trying to keep the kids from talking to each other, and stop them from using each other as punching bags. Good thing school is back next week, they are sick and tired of each other.
Fishleg

equipment: FSD neutraliser with 85 litre keg boiler

Postby hillzabilly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Getting some fresh fuel for Helga my Husky 610te,its been too long between rides,and lookin forward ta clearing out the cobwebs this long weekend :happy-partydance: .cheers hillzabilly :D
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby woodduck » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 pm

Cheers Guys :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Happy Australia Day :happy-partydance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby EziTasting » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:18 pm

Finished work @ 16:30, now for a shower then pack up to go to the local Volunteer Firebrigade depot... it backs onto the park where they are doing the Australia Day Fireworks... like having front row seats! Fully fenced front row seats - no riffraff... :music-deathmetal:

Mean while SWMBO is working hard in the entertainment show at the fire works - she sings the National Anthem... while we eat nibbles and enjoy the show gonna be a good evening! Saturday, sleep in till 7 or something, cook-up for brunch then I don't know... been thinking of setting up another mash!
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 pm

EH Ezi,
I remember the concert back in the new year of 2003 where I was in Pt Hedland I reckon it was spiderbait playing to a lite up sky of lightning. Music going to the show overhead was something to see and as a precaution we filled the bath with ice then placed several slabs in to keep them cool. When the power went out the food went on the ice and when the beer was gone we had drinking water. Had a good rack of beef so we had a BBQ everyday and was tripping off the earth on a joker trip. Cyclone Steve was the name and a house 2 doors from us imploded as they had filled in the lower void of the house so the air passing over over caused a vacuum and imploded the house.

That time was I reckon the best time in my life where I got to bend back in the wind totally tripped out to over 45 degree bend and it was great fun these days it's all about safety but the reality of making your own power is too easy.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby hillzabilly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:16 pm

woodduck wrote:Cheers Guys :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Happy Australia Day :happy-partydance:

Thats one happy lookin post card Woodduck,are ya getting any nibbles,from the fish that is :D .cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

equipment: 10 gallon OZARK pot still ,2inch and 3inch Nixon Stone coloum stills ,10 and 18 gal beer keg boilers,5gal thumper keg.And the one and only 4" Five Star Southern Cross .

Postby woodduck » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:29 pm

Yer a mate just pulled in a 800mm or so gummy so we're on! Here fishy fishy fishy.....
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby hillzabilly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Nice ! we are so lucky in Stralia,me not so much last time fishin,all I got was this little nor west blowy.cheers hillzabilly :handgestures-thumbupleft:
hillzabilly

Postby woodduck » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:17 am

The coorong's not a bad place to hang out if any of you are ever down this way. Nice drive down the beach (you'll need a 4wd) to the mouth (be aware it is 100km drive). Fantastic veiws and plenty of scrounging to do on the beach, a few fish, dig for cockles and a couple of drinks, bloody nice weekend :handgestures-thumbupleft:
woodduck
Lifetime Member

Postby hillzabilly » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:45 pm

yeeeee haaaaaa cobwebs well and truely cleared from the scooter,can not beat a good ride for an attitude adjustment ,would love ta give one of these a squirt in the snow too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_byTMZY0xw cheers hillzabilly :music-deathmetal: :D
hillzabilly

Return to The Dunder Pit