Why No Northern Territory Distilleries ?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Why No Northern Territory Distilleries ?

Postby db1979 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:28 pm

A distillery located in Darwin could capitalise on the military clientele, particularly the navy boats. My ex was from Darwin and she used to talk about how much the American sailors would spend up when they came into town. Make it a destination set up for the sailors and I reckon you'd do alright. Many have said that the cellar door is essential for bringing the money in, it wouldn't be a regular money earner but you'd know at least when the boats are coming in and could capitalise at the right time.
db1979

equipment: Eve - 4" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (sieve plates), 330 mm packed section on a keg boiler with 2 x 2000 W elements.
Currently having a makeover: 2" x 4 plate solid state bubbler (1" bubble caps, no sight glasses...maybe not for much longer!) on a bain-marie boiler.

Postby EziTasting » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:17 pm

And they have a beer brewery up there, OneMileBrewery, so, if you were serious there could be a collaboration!
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby Matt_Pl » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:43 pm

Yeah the guys at one mile make a fantastic beer!

Still trying to get my head around the process of commercial production compared to hobby distilling.

Ever heard of green ant gin? We have plenty of green ants up here that's for sure..
Matt_Pl

equipment: 4" FSD Neutraliser, custom made 50 litre SS Keg Boiler powered by 4800 killer wasps.

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit