The Banter Box

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: The Banter Box

Postby flamehawk » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Tried some of the first brew that i made today along with the double distilled from the weekends run that been on oak for few days

I would describe the first batch that I thought was magic as horse urine compared to the 2nd run dbl distilled.. Simply magnificant

Really loving this hobby
flamehawk

equipment: 4 plate custom built bubbler
50k Keg
2400w element

Postby Potmash Boka » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:20 pm

Any members in Adelaide want a sample bottle of my whisky? I'm in town for tonight and tomomorow night. I only have one sample bottle though.
Potmash Boka

equipment: 2" pot and 4" thumper, 4" pot, 2" SS reflux, 2.5" Boka. 4" 5 plate bubbler( almost done, need to some bits and to make the column round again). SS boiler, 80L keg, 50L keg and a 30L keg boilers.
Various pieces of copper pipe laying around for future experiments.

Postby Sam. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Potmash Boka wrote:Any members in Adelaide want a sample bottle of my whisky? I'm in town for tonight and tomomorow night. I only have one sample bottle though.

Bad timing as always I left town this morning for a few days :angry-banghead:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Potmash Boka » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:37 pm

If you can get some one to come get it that's cool. I'm staying at Keswick.
Potmash Boka

equipment: 2" pot and 4" thumper, 4" pot, 2" SS reflux, 2.5" Boka. 4" 5 plate bubbler( almost done, need to some bits and to make the column round again). SS boiler, 80L keg, 50L keg and a 30L keg boilers.

Postby Sam. » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Maybe next time, I am prob due to go to Darwin before the end of the year :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Potmash Boka » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:04 pm

One problem, I'm moving to Sydney at the end of the month
Potmash Boka

Postby MacStill » Mon May 12, 2014 10:35 pm

Distillers meme

TURBO.JPG

:laughing-rolling:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Urrazeb » Thu May 15, 2014 1:25 pm

Down at the HBS the other day picking up some enzymes, seen a bloke and his mrs stocking up big time on still spirits flavours and sachets. Caught the mrs in the carpark and asked if they're running a still :teasing-blah: anyway I directed them to Aussiedistiller.com.au and told them there are heaps of good recipes here. She said she would check it out :handgestures-thumbupleft:

My good deed for the day it was. I just hope they stumble upon the T&P recipes for washes :pray:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby whiskeyshiner » Thu May 15, 2014 2:20 pm

Urrazeb wrote:Down at the HBS the other day picking up some enzymes, seen a bloke and his mrs stocking up big time on still spirits flavours and sachets. Caught the mrs in the carpark and asked if they're running a still :teasing-blah: anyway I directed them to Aussiedistiller.com.au and told them there are heaps of good recipes here. She said she would check it out :handgestures-thumbupleft:

My good deed for the day it was. I just hope they stumble upon the T&P recipes for washes :pray:

Last time i was at the local HBS a bloke was complaining to the sales guy about how his essences didnt taste like real scotch been kicking myself because i planned to have a chat to him but he left before i could been kicking myself ever since hopefully i see him again
whiskeyshiner

equipment: 4” bubbler on 100l boiler

Postby Urrazeb » Thu May 15, 2014 3:38 pm

whiskeyshiner wrote:
Urrazeb wrote:Down at the HBS the other day picking up some enzymes, seen a bloke and his mrs stocking up big time on still spirits flavours and sachets. Caught the mrs in the carpark and asked if they're running a still :teasing-blah: anyway I directed them to Aussiedistiller.com.au and told them there are heaps of good recipes here. She said she would check it out :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Last time i was at the local HBS a bloke was complaining to the sales guy about how his essences didnt taste like real scotch been kicking myself because i planned to have a chat to him but he left before i could been kicking myself ever since hopefully i see him again

Yeah mate I get the word out as much as possible. You can only hope they see the light.
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby TheMechwarrior » Thu May 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Perhaps we need a little business card flyer we can hand to people we meet.
TheMechwarrior

equipment: Five Star Distilling 6" neutraliser with
100L boiler

Postby gad » Thu May 15, 2014 5:50 pm

T-Shirts ....
aussiedistiller.com.au
gad

equipment: pre 2005 - 25L Reflux / Pot Still,
Mar 2019 - 1.5" Reflux Still.
Aug 2019 - 2" self built Reflux / Pot still.
50L Keg boiler.

Postby wiifm » Thu May 15, 2014 6:01 pm

gad wrote:T-Shirts ....
aussiedistiller.com.au

http://www.teespring.com - Just thinking out loud - MacStill could run a design competition, then winning design goes on T shirts.
wiifm

equipment: 4 plate glasser using FSD bubble caps

Postby SBB » Thu May 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Consider two of them pre ordered.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby MacStill » Thu May 15, 2014 6:22 pm

wiifm wrote:
MacStill could run a design competition, then winning design goes on T shirts.

I love the idea, but honestly I'd be flat out finding time to run a chook raffle at the moment. ;-)
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby crow » Thu May 15, 2014 6:48 pm

Not a fan of chook raffles myself, bought 19 tickets in a twenty ticket chook raffle at the Cadell Club and a mister D Richards won it. Why did i buy every available ticket, just so i could say i won something :handgestures-thumbdown:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Dingo Charlie » Fri May 16, 2014 10:23 pm

Went down the local HBS to get some DAP..... "nope don't have it" he says.
Dingo "you got any wine yeast nutrients or anything.....?"
HBS "nup, whats DAP?"
HBS "What do you need it for?"
Dingo "got some rum I'm making and want some to get a better ferment"
HBS "Your not getting molasses from the produce shop are ya, its gotta be black strap"
Dingo "I get it from the produce shop"
HBS "OH NO.... OH SHIT MATE..... YOUR GONNA MAKE ALL YOUR MATES SICK......NOT ONLY THAT YOU CAN GO BLIND!"

..................It was at this exact moment that my vision plunged into darkness............

I quickly realised that I was clenching my eyes shut as hard and tightly as I possibly could, it was my brains safety mechanism, I can't tolerate looking at fuckwits!
I left my local HBS and now drive a hour to the south side to visit the HBS over that side of town....bloody legend, stocks DAP and all sorts of other cool shit and doesn't judge me!

p.s right clicked on fuckwits to get a spell check and suggestion....... thinks I intended to write kiwifruit and should change....... gotta stop posting after a couple :teasing-blah:

Have a good night kiwifruits!
Dingo Charlie

equipment: MAC 4" FSD Bubble Plate Still
FSD 4" packed section (full of copper mesh)
50L keg boiler
Twin 2400W Elements with power controller
1000L IBC and Pump

Postby MacStill » Mon May 26, 2014 11:01 am

How true :))

ph1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Kimbo » Thu May 29, 2014 11:49 pm

Dewalts answer to home protection that doesn't require a registration or license ( AMERICA). This nail gun can shoot a 16-D nail through a 2x4 at 200 yards and incase of a home invasion well you can NAIL THEIR ASS to the wall. Im not saying it wont kill the perp but they wont get away. You can also help build a friends fence 2 blocks away while sitting in your front lawn. This is truly how you adapt and overcome so Thanks Dewalt.

Dewalt.jpg
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby MacStill » Thu May 29, 2014 11:54 pm

:text-datsphatyo:

:violence-guntoting:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit