The Banter Box

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: The Banter Box

Postby greenguy » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:09 pm

checky hua's lol
was a bigger at 83cm nevver weighed it but would have been a good 8-9kg
how many of you lot fish it is one of my fav things to do in this world i have a face book page that i post all my antics on lucky for me working night shift it allows me to get out fish some times more a week
snapper is my main target but do a lil game fishing and a lot of jigging for kingfish and deep water stuff for blue nose hapuka would love to get over the ditch for a fish on some of your guys local snapper some time
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Postby crow » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:14 pm

use to like fishing but fishing around here is crap. They get trout here but I've never ever even got a bite, have that happen 10 times in a row and ya soon loose interest
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby MacStill » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:25 pm

I done a bit of fishing in my time, just dont get time these days :angry-banghead:

mm1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby crow » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:33 pm

well ya not gonna get murray cod in the poxy Swan are ya, maybe some puffer fish's about it :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby MacStill » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:47 pm

crow wrote:well ya not gonna get murray cod in the poxy Swan are ya, maybe some puffer fish's about it :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Fuck the Swan unless ya crabbing, seen the buggers almost a meter from claw to claw :scared-eek: not like those tiny SA things you get.

:teasing-neener:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby 5 o'clock » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:08 pm

Just spent the night selling Legacy badges and pins in pubs around town. A group of us raised $1600 in a couple of hours. Hard to watch others having fun while we were thirsty and hungry.

Amazing the generosity towards a good cause especially from those who looked least able to afford it.

I have now been into 3 pubs I hadn't ventured to before. 1 of them has lingerie ( optional) barmaids Friday nights. Might go back there again except that I realised they aren't much older than my daughter.

Have a good weekend.

Richard
5 o'clock

equipment: Modular bubble plate still on a keg with 2 elements. Mostly run it as a pot so far.

Postby Sam. » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:11 pm

5 o'clock wrote:Just spent the night selling Legacy badges and pins in pubs around town. A group of us raised $1600 in a couple of hours. Hard to watch others having fun while we were thirsty and hungry.

Good onya mate, a great cause for the families of the fallen. They really do provide good support for those that need it :clap:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby crow » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Might go back there again except that I realised they aren't much older than my daughter.
my daughter is only 6 so they would be no where near her age so what's this boozer called :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: nar good work dude , yes always amazing how the ones that can least afford it will give the most and the ones that really can will give 10 cents or tell ya to fuck off :roll:
crow

Postby bt1 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:16 am

yes always amazing how the ones that can least afford it will give the most and the ones that really can will give 10 cents or tell ya to fuck off :roll:

+1+1

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby Cane Toad » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:40 am

One of the few organisations I donate to :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: I really hate it when you're up town,and by the time you've walked 100m,you've been hit up 5 times for donations by fringe charities,conservation fund,save the whales etc The only good thing about em is that they use young,good looking backpackers :handgestures-thumbupleft: I normally stand there staring at their chests and they soon fuck off :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby greenguy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 pm

Took the boys out for a quick dive this morning filled up on scollops dinner is gona be mean :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
greenguy

equipment: Red neck pot still on gas-sooon to be retired
FSD 4' SSG 2x2400 watt FSD elements soon to be

Postby 1 2many » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Pintobootleg wrote:One of the few organisations I donate to :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: I really hate it when you're up town,and by the time you've walked 100m,you've been hit up 5 times for donations by fringe charities,conservation fund,save the whales etc The only good thing about em is that they use young,good looking backpackers :handgestures-thumbupleft: I normally stand there staring at their chests and they soon fuck off :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Gold :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Linny » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:59 pm

LOL had to laugh at this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linny

equipment: 4 Plate 3" Glass Bubbler - 50L Boiler
50L BIAB Temp Controlled Mash Tun

3" Carter Head Soon to Come

Postby dogbreath vodka » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:15 pm

I think this would suit my shed....
Not sure if the missus would care to sleep in it though :laughing-rolling:

Keg Bed.jpg

DBV
dogbreath vodka

equipment: "Steampunk 2 - 6" Bubble cap
"Jimmy" the 4" Carter head

Drunken pig

Postby MacStill » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 pm

Drunken pig

WTF :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby bayshine » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:35 pm

ha ha .... filthy swine :laughing-rolling:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Re: Drunken pig

Postby Kimbo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:11 pm

MacStill wrote:Drunken pig

WTF :laughing-rolling:

Sounds like he needs an invite to the next WABS :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Cane Toad » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:45 am

It seems to me he may have been a bit lost,the breeding ground for these animals is over a 1000k's away on the banks of the Todd River,but they are normally attracted to the colour green :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Cane Toad

equipment: where's my football :(

Postby Kimbo » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:58 am

Pintobootleg wrote:It seems to me he may have been a bit lost,the breeding ground for these animals is over a 1000k's away on the banks of the Todd River,but they are normally attracted to the colour green :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Ahh! that explains why they still make VB :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby baysidebogan » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Having grown up in Vic,and drinking in pubs since 84,can honestly say VB aint the worst Vic beer ever tasted.
Maybe it was just that batch but one year at the local cricket club they bought Geelong Bitter cos it was cheaper than VB. I saw mates empty their pots onto the ground rather than finish it
baysidebogan

equipment: 2 inch JayD copper pot,50l keg 2400 mac element, and a 19lt pot still with thumper that sits on the stove in the kitchen

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit