mapgas

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

mapgas

Postby aussiebugs63 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:27 am

gday all
well the next step has happen I picked up a mapgas today so very happy for that only paid $60 for bottle and torch. Now only need to pickup some flux and solder, so that gives me 2 kegs some copper and stainless pipe some 4" and 3" tri-clovers all to play with again. Fun building a new still from the ground up, just wish I had of brought more of my old one with from Oz. Oh in NZ now. But in saying that its a hobby and hobbies are about having fun hey.
So question I have today is well maybe not question as such but some ideas I'd like to come off my 50lt keg in 4" copper so i'm think 4" tri-clover on top of the keg? So I don't have any argon and don't really want to have a bottle sitting around anymore and seeing I'm new to the world of mapgas and such whats everybody's ideas.
Looking forward to peoples Ideas.
aussiebugs63

equipment: Keg still

Re: mapgas

Postby aussiebugs63 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:28 am

hope Ive put this in the right spot
aussiebugs63

Postby coffe addict » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:40 pm

Spend some time working out how to soft solder stainless and then solder the 4in ferrule on its more than adequate for the job.
coffe addict

equipment: 18 gal keg boiler on its side on wheel's with fill port, 1in drain and 2x2.4kw elements
4in 5 plate modular blockhead with optional infusion basket

Postby aussiebugs63 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:47 am

Thz coffee addict. As a retired boilermaker soldering is a hole new world to me. But spend much of yesterday reading and watching youtube videos and believe I have a hole outlook on soldering. Still have not made my mind up on which way to go. So how the old tig sound hard lol. But we'll see I guess
aussiebugs63

Return to The Dunder Pit