Manzano Chilli

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Manzano Chilli

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:07 pm

G'day guy's,
Well to end 2018 I do think I need to do write up on Manzano Chilli and do have a heap more coming on. In fact enough to be market supply but not all will go to market as all with go thru my mash tun and with out amylase I'm going tome beer malt to do the malt conversion. The idea is fill a 40 litre barrel so it can age and do generations to make chilli beer.

With the gin crowd popping up in the hills it does look like an easy path to going legit.

I would love to put my Manzano Chilli on the world stage and if I'm right I'll win creating my business of supply a new sensation of Manzano Madness with twist. Or a tamer version for those that can't handle it.

Could this be a market winner or will the demand out strip me.

Well i do have to wait until the next harvest so this is a long term project to going legit

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Re: Manzano Chilli

Postby scythe » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:07 am

Good luck going legit.
King Island Spirits do a chilli vodka that i sampled a while ago, was ok.
If you offer tastings expect to lose about 20% product.
scythe

equipment: Dreaming of a 4" bubbler

Postby EziTasting » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:22 am

:text-+1: Bryan,

I think the main thing stopping me trying to go legit is a lack of imagination!
With the number of boutique distillers growing, it is getting more difficult to stand out from the crowd! You can’t just make a ‘better’ Gin/Bodka/Rum or Whisky’ (or a much cheaper version than everyone else) because that won’t make you stand out! Your Manzani chili recipe sounds like a good niche market... MC Gin, MC Vodka, MC Beer and perhaps a MC Mead?!?!

I guess it’s time to look for or at historical recipes of the past for inspiration.

Part of me is jealous, I must admit.
EziTasting

equipment: Newbie - Keg Boiler & 4" 4 plate glasser

Postby wynnum1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 am

If you want to go legal will need planning approval is that possible where you are.
wynnum1

Postby EziTasting » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:51 am

wynnum1 wrote:If you want to go legal will need planning approval is that possible where you are.

Is that aimed at me?!? If so, then that would be a minor issue as I live in an industrialized regional town. Like I stated, I lack the necessary imagination for creating something that would support my initial start up... plus, I haven’t been very successful to date making a repeatable ‘tasty’ product! :laughing-rolling:
EziTasting

Postby wynnum1 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:07 pm

Being in a regional town the state and federal government may want to charge for travel to the town user pays principal.
wynnum1

Postby EziTasting » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:07 pm

wynnum1 wrote:Being in a regional town the state and federal government may want to charge for travel to the town user pays principal.

Git Pharqued!!! :handgestures-thumbdown: :teasing-neener: :naughty:

Another ‘discouagement’! Maybe when I retire? :teasing-tease:
EziTasting

Postby RuddyCrazy » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Well considering I own a 85 acre farm with dual road frontage putting the distillery out the back where a dirt road is the only way in. Less than an hour from the city and 100% off the grid with a spring fed dam where I could just bottle the water and sell it.

In the Adelaide Hills distilleries are popping up left right and centre where most are just buying ethanol and using that to make gin. Some are run directly out of home and after talking with a couple they said it was breeze to get started.

Last time I was out the back I reckon I found the site where it's about 100 metres from the road ontop of a hill where it's nice and flat. The view of the country side is awesum and long term the idea is to build some huts for customers to stay the night.

Still got a few years to fully plan it out and more than likely I'll use my super payout to get it started.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby wynnum1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:13 am

What do Manzano Chilli sell for in market how big an area are you planting Gery Harvey has built a 5 hectare greenhouse growing cucumbers this is one third of Australian supply so as its heated going to produce no matter what the weather is as that is when a farmer makes profit when there is a shortage and with big greenhouses there is not going to be a shortage could even be over supply.
wynnum1

Return to The Dunder Pit