Rum Distillery Development Application in Tweed

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Rum Distillery Development Application in Tweed

Postby 13chargers » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:04 am

Im looking forward to seeing how this comes together.
http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/201 ... -news.html
13chargers

equipment: Pot still

Re: Rum Distillery Development Application in Tweed

Postby maheel » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:14 am

good luck to him sounds like he likes his rum

on a side not i see the anti-drink mob want to tax ALC on it's strength (ABV), i bet the beer brewers are happy about that...
hard enough for a distillery to get a foot in the door let alone be priced further out of the market
maheel

Postby Frank » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:24 am

Bloody shame its gonna be a RUM distillery :angry-banghead: :cry:
There's a few "unofficial" RUM distilleries around here that's for sure :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Side note...I thought commercially available alcohol WAS sortof taxed on ABV% :? ...or what is it that makes mid strength cats p#ss heaps cheaper than full strength brew etc etc?? There were recent rumblings AGAIN :roll: about hitting beer kits with some tax based on the likely finished product but don't think it got anywhere...
Frank

Postby crow » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:55 pm

(by Frank)
There were recent rumblings AGAIN :roll: about hitting beer kits with some tax based on the likely finished product but don't think it got anywhere...[/quote]
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: Back to the old copper and mothers old stockings filled with leaves and shit again :roll:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Return to The Dunder Pit