Wineos Recipe

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Wineos Recipe

Postby grasmere » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:35 pm

Having tried Tomato paste recipe and going through the Distillation cuts etc. I was never happy with the finished flavour of my whiskey. I have found that by using Pot Stilled winoes recipe, I do not need to do cuts. Apart from the initial discard and tails I have found a vastly improved finished amount and I am still alive.
grasmere

equipment: BeerMe Spirit Maker with Reflux Column, 35 Ltr Brewzilla with Pot and Reflux and 35 Ltr Fermzilla Fermenter

Re: Wineos Recipe

Postby Tesla101 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:54 pm

grasmere wrote:Having tried Tomato paste recipe and going through the Distillation cuts etc. I was never happy with the finished flavour of my whiskey. I have found that by using Pot Stilled winoes recipe, I do not need to do cuts. Apart from the initial discard and tails I have found a vastly improved finished amount and I am still alive.

Hey grasmere, TPW is supposed to be a recipe for neutral, not for whiskey. Unless of course, you're after a tomato whiskey :puke-huge:

You know, no matter what recipe you've used or how you distilled it, you're still going to get heads after your initial discard so unless you like the taste of heads and hangovers you still need to do cuts.

That's just distilling 101 mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Tesla101

equipment: ......

Postby RC Al » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:06 pm

:text-+1:
Your still alive today... there are any number of nasties that get put off our stills, they take time to accumulate in our bodies to harmful levels :obscene-drinkingchug:
There's enough in our world trying to kill us without our knowledge, without being reckless like a teenager

Im finding it advantageous to do the cuts within 24 hours of running - smells are easier to pick

If you cant pick a smell difference in your heads, you may be running too fast, what is your take off rate at the start? - you should be getting in the region of 15-20% heads with a well managed neutral rig - with my pot still I get 20-25% ea of heads n tails
Last edited by RC Al on Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

Postby tipsy » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:53 pm

RC Al wrote::text-+1:
If you cant pick a smell difference in your heads, you may be running too fast

This is a really good point. slower the run less smearing..more clean spirit,,,,flavored washes think faster :handgestures-thumbupleft:
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Return to The Dunder Pit