Facebook Groups

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Facebook Groups

Postby Beato » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:14 pm

Each to their own, if you like Facebook that’s fine with me
Beato

equipment: FSD 4” Copper Bubbler with SS packed section on a keg boiler with 4800 wasps

Postby howard » Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:25 pm

i don't 'like it', i just use it sometimes.
i just try and steer clear of the Flat Earth Group and Stig's 'mates' etc :smile:
ie this arvo, a picture was sent to my grandaughter of me holding a shovel i've bought with my birthday gift voucher.
she was not impressed that i 'wasted' my birthday money.
little does she know, i'm turning it into a shovel guitar.(then she will definitely not be impressed :-D )
it can be fun if used properly.
howard

equipment: 35l brewzilla
2" modular CM
gin caddy
changeover element switch and voltage controller on brewzillas 1900w element.
5L glass boiler/glass leibig

Postby FatManDancing » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:33 pm

Howard

Facebook can be fun if used properly. It seems you are using it for the purposes it was originally intended

I do not or have ever had faceache. I did have twitter for a while

No one is mocking you for having a social media account or how you use it. What is being mocked here is the dumb, stupid, ignorant advice on distilling that is put out there on such media platforms

I gotta admit I am disappointed. I thought I was the only one who made mistakes but have you read what some of these numpties do?
FatManDancing
Site Donor

equipment: 35l mash tun, 35l mash tun/boiler, 50l FSD milk can boiler with one 2400w element, four inch, four plate cheapo glasser W four inch FSD reflux condenser, two inch FSD basic pot and T500

Postby Amberale » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:42 pm

FatManDancing wrote:Howard

Facebook can be fun if used properly. It seems you are using it for the purposes it was originally intended

I do not or have ever had faceache. I did have twitter for a while

No one is mocking you for having a social media account or how you use it. What is being mocked here is the dumb, stupid, ignorant advice on distilling that is put out there on such media platforms

I gotta admit I am disappointed. I thought I was the only one who made mistakes but have you read what some of these numpties do?

Just remember “Average Intelligence” sets the bar pretty low and half of the population fails to reach that.
Amberale

equipment: 5* Neutraliser.

Postby The Stig » Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:48 pm

FMD has hit the nail on the head.
As a business owner we are forced onto Facebook as an advertising medium .
I’m not a fan but it’s a must these days .
Here’s today’s gem , why would anybody think you would need 2 pumps honestly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:44 am

Derrr Stig
If you don’t have a second pump how do you get the water back into the IBC from the puddle on the ground.

:laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Dude » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:57 am

I too saw that this morning Stig and just smiled, what else can you do.
Dude

equipment: Turbo 500. 50L pot still with 2 x 2400W heaters, shotgun condenser, reflux condenser. Building a cooling system.

Postby Radnelac » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:04 am

Omg some of the things I've seen people post & the advice given in some groups astounds me.
I have found 1 group that seems to be quite good, doesn't put up with any fighting or crappy advice.
It is mainly Americans but they seem to want to help people & don't care where people are from.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Radnelac

equipment: 4" FSD Visualiser + 100L boiler with twin 2400W elements.

Postby B-Man » Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:57 am

Screenshot_20210711-102316_Facebook.jpg

How dare someone suggest a cheaper alternative that would work just as well. :scared-eek:
B-Man

equipment: keg 4" Bubbler

Postby The Stig » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:20 am

I was being honest with the guy.
He has a copper walled plated still , he really didn’t need copper mesh , stainless would be fine for him.
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby B-Man » Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:38 am

So was he going to listen to your advice or still looking for copper packing?

I was pointing out the other guys reply. Not willing to take good advice. :angry-banghead:

I love nothing more than someone suggesting a better, easier or cheaper way to do something and achieve the same result.
B-Man

Postby Yonder » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Yup. My way or the highway. Some folks really take offence if you don’t accept their opinion as gospel.
Yonder

equipment: 10 gal copper pot w/doubler and a lot of enthusiasm

Postby The Stig » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:32 pm

B-Man wrote:So was he going to listen to your advice or still looking for copper packing?

I was pointing out the other guys reply. Not willing to take good advice. :angry-banghead:

I love nothing more than someone suggesting a better, easier or cheaper way to do something and achieve the same result.

I’ve since spoken to the guy who was more than happy to accept my option of going the route of stainless .
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:43 pm

Nice to see someone listened :)

I would have thought typical home brew shop mentality when requesting 2 kg of copper would be to say, you are probably better off with 4 kg mate just to be sure
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby bluc » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:54 pm

:laughing-rolling: :text-+1:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Radnelac » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:06 pm

The Stig wrote:
B-Man wrote:So was he going to listen to your advice or still looking for copper packing?

I’ve since spoken to the guy who was more than happy to accept my option of going the route of stainless .

Hopefully he replies to his comment to explain the reasoning behind why you recommended the stainless scrubbers but doubt he will. Some people just like to stir shit & when proven wrong don't bother to correct themselves.
Radnelac

equipment: 4" FSD Visualiser + 100L boiler with twin 2400W elements.

Postby B-Man » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Radnelac wrote:Hopefully he replies to his comment to explain the reasoning behind why you recommended the stainless scrubbers but doubt he will. Some people just like to stir shit & when proven wrong don't bother to correct themselves.

I'm more interested in why he didn't want scrubbers to start with and now has decided to use them...
B-Man

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:41 pm

logged onto farcebook today and found I had a 24 ban for posting on that distilling group :angry-banghead: last time I even look at that site :handgestures-thumbupleft:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Off to the naughty corner for you Bryan. That will teach you for trying to give some genuine advice
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:18 pm

Just gotta love this one :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

G'day guys I used a new 2200 watt element in my keg on the weekend, when I pulled the extension lead out of the wall at the end of the run this happened...... any ideas why?

homedis.jpg
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit