Common courtesy

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Common courtesy

Postby FilthyPhil » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:38 pm

If one of the admin has removed a topic that I posted it would be nice if they sent me a PM stating why so that I know for future reference rather than just deleting it & not saying anything.
FilthyPhil

equipment: I have built a 50l keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements & a 2" copper pot still with shotgun condenser.

Re: Common courtesy

Postby Sam. » Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:48 pm

I assume you are talking about the fermenter seal thread?
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby The Stig » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:17 pm

Nothing is deleted
Last edited by The Stig on Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby FilthyPhil » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:57 pm

Sam. wrote:I assume you are talking about the fermenter seal thread?

Yes, was it deleted because I mentioned the name of another distilling store? I only done that in case anyone else was after the same thing because they're rare as rocking horse shit.

Anyway, I was going to add to the post & say that the other store sent me an email today saying they couldn't fulfil my order as they no longer stock the VB fermenter seals.
FilthyPhil

equipment: I have built a 50l keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements & a 2" copper pot still with shotgun condenser.

Postby bluc » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:26 pm

Common courtesy like going to a shop and not advertising another there :think:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Sam. » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:31 pm

FilthyPhil wrote:
Sam. wrote:I assume you are talking about the fermenter seal thread?

Yes, was it deleted because I mentioned the name of another distilling store? I only done that in case anyone else was after the same thing because they're rare as rocking horse shit.

Anyway, I was going to add to the post & say that the other store sent me an email today saying they couldn't fulfil my order as they no longer stock the VB fermenter seals.

One of the mods removed it, nothing to do with advertising mate, it was a short post in the wrong section and you answered your own question with a google search and posted that.

Mods move things to free up clutter from time to time and they moderate this forum using their own free time and energy so sorry if you didn't receive an explanation. You could have PM'd myself and I could have explained it for you.
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.

Postby Doubleuj » Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:48 pm

Hey Phil, I removed your post because it was answered. If we don’t keep on top of cleaning out the wanted to buy section or for sale sections they get pretty cluttered and confusing for others.
If I hadn’t removed it though I would have edited the advertising out as it is against forum rules to advertise any competitor
Hope that clears it up for you :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby FilthyPhil » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:24 am

Doubleuj wrote:Hey Phil, I removed your post because it was answered. If we don’t keep on top of cleaning out the wanted to buy section or for sale sections they get pretty cluttered and confusing for others.
If I hadn’t removed it though I would have edited the advertising out as it is against forum rules to advertise any competitor

Ok, thanks Doubleuj. I thought I was being helpful if someone else was after the same product.
You might as well delete this post now as well.
FilthyPhil

Postby Sam. » Fri Nov 06, 2020 6:43 am

FilthyPhil wrote:
Doubleuj wrote:Hey Phil, I removed your post because it was answered. If we don’t keep on top of cleaning out the wanted to buy section or for sale sections they get pretty cluttered and confusing for others.

Ok, thanks Doubleuj. I thought I was being helpful if someone else was after the same product.
You might as well delete this post now as well.

Nothing is deleted here mate, when I say removed it is moved out of sight but can be brought back any time.

If you don’t like how we run the forum then that’s too bad unfortunately
Sam.
Lifetime Member

18 Gal boiler.

Return to The Dunder Pit