Don't Ys just Hate That

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Don't Ys just Hate That

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:09 pm

Well decided to buy a oxy bottle so rang the local big hardware mob(won't name due to rules) and asked them two questions.

1. Did they have any oxy bottles, the answer yes we have every size here

2. Do you take afterpay answer yes we do and it's no problems

So as they offered a good price I didn't bother with the big hardware mob's in town on the drive home from work and went straight to that one in the hills at Mt Barker, ordered the bottle and fired up the app to get the bar code only to be told NO we won't take afterpay only zippay :angry-banghead: So I asked which bloke was manning the phones this as the guy is a total tool for sucking me in and the answer came back we don't know who was on the phones this morning.

So I duly told em well shove your big store where it fits and I will be telling all of my mates to shop elsewhere. The answer came back from the chick behind the counter saying I don't blame you and agree as I only just work but will never shop here.

/end of rant

Time for a few lash's :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Re: Don't Ys just Hate That

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:32 pm

Ok problem fixed got onto the major supplier and I think I can say BOC, anyway for the cost of a E sized oxy bottle is $169 a year with one free refill and any further refills is the cost of the yearly fee. Now I did look at the G sized bottle and for only $10 a year I'm going for the big bottle :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: and let the fun begin.

These mapp gas bottle are not lasting so an oxy bottle bottle and a bottle of lpg from that dreaded hardware chain along with a hp reg does make some good heat nice and quick and beat the mapp gas by a big margin,

Now being addicted to working with copper I do need a good heating solution for soldering and annealing so it will be intersting to see just how many 8.5Kg lpg bottle are used to a G sized oxy bottle. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Now this post may wallow into the shadows but as far as paying over $400 for a E sized bottle and $125 for refills $179 a year with a refill aint a bad deal, Now all you need for real heat os a lpg bottle, HP reg for it and a decent sized oxy bottle with a reg and hard soldering will be a breeze along with annealing. Maybe I should of put this post in another forum but we do have mod's to do that job :))

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Re: Don't Ys just Hate That

Postby Wellsy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:20 pm

Ok what is zippay or after pay ?
I usually just write them out a cheque and yes i do hate it when the missuses uses the last cheque and does not tell me
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Return to The Dunder Pit