Member get together

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Member get together

Postby Birdman85 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:40 pm

R3dRanga wrote:I concur FMD! Andrew is a great source of knowledge and very helpful; and I'm super keen to meet other 'stillers too.

Cheers,
RR

Hey Red,
I'm a newy boy too. Based in Rutherford /Maitland. If you ever want to shoot the shit and talk I'm only round the corner.

Birdy
Birdman85

equipment: 50L keg boiler, home made modular 2" pot still and CCVM.

Turbo500 (birthday gift)

Postby R3dRanga » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Birdman85 wrote:
Hey Red,

I'm a newy boy too. Based in Rutherford /Maitland. If you ever want to shoot the shit and talk I'm only round the corner.

Birdy

For sure Birdy. I'd love to have a 2-way convo about distilling. All I get back from my hubby is the occasional polite acknowledgement that he's half listing.
R3dRanga

equipment: Spirit Maker Reflux, 30L boiler
4L Airstill (teenie!)

Postby R3dRanga » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:42 am

Hey Melburnians (I Googled that for correct spelling),

I'm finally back in Melbourne for a few days and just happen to be free tomorrow (Thur 6/1/22). I know it's short notice, but anyone available and keen for a catch up during the day? I'm based right next to West Melbourne train station. I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with Melbourne but I have Google Maps :shifty:

If we can get another 2 or more (plus myself) I'd be super keen to chat distilling for an hour or two. Otherwise I'm sure I'll be back down more regularly for weekends.

Cheers,
RR

PS: I'm now triple vaxxed and have had recent RAT + PRC tests (all negative).
R3dRanga

4L Airstill (teenie!)

Postby Wellsy » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Welcome to VIC red
Unfortunately I can’t get to the big smoke tomorrow but it won’t be long and travel will become more practical.
I am 2 hours north of where you are but I know a couple down that way that are close by.
If you are really keen to do something there was a member with a pub out south Melbourne way I think that was looking to establish a legal distillery in the pub. They were looking to employ someone to help them out, might be worth a search through the threads
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby silverbean » Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:05 pm

Hi all,
I'm from northern suburbs Melbourne would like to meet and discuss stillin but tomorrow is a bit short notice for me, the Bendigo idea could suit me when things settle down. R3dRanger you might want to check which train station you will be next to, although there are a few stations in/next to West melbourne, none are actually called that maybe North Melbourne Station.
silverbean

equipment: Small 9L pot with Liebig. 30 Litre boiler under 2inch copper Pot/CCVM combo.

Postby R3dRanga » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:25 pm

I'm sure I'll be back down sometime soon. I'll try to give more notice next time.
R3dRanga

4L Airstill (teenie!)

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit