Member get together

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Member get together

Postby Wellsy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi Guys
Is anybody in having a get together in central Victoria. I am thinking maybe the Saturday 30/1/21 just to meet up and have a chat over a few frothie. I am thinking a local pub in Bendigo that does excellent pub food at reasonable prices with good clean beer. Our own product might be a bit tricky and difficult to driver afterwords. Having said the the publican is exceptionally accomodating and may let us have a sampling session but I would need to confirm that. I am looking at a really informal gathering for us together together and primarily talk shit and maybe swap a few ideas. If there is a more central place that suits people or a different date I am happy to change things around. It is just an idea and some may even want to make a weekend of it if they want to bring their partners. I am thinking a lunch so people can travel home that night if they chose or take their partners out that evening if needed lol. Please let me know your thoughts
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Re: Member get together

Postby Sam. » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:36 pm

Please keep all specific details to PM as well for obvious reasons ;-)

Hope you can get some interest, it’s been a while since any group meetings, your a bit far away for me I’m afraid
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Wellsy » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:40 pm

Will do Sam
Hopefully us Mexicans can pull our collective fingers out lol.

I am happy to travel but Bendigo is central and close to where I am so it makes a god starting point and we can develope the idea from there
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:55 pm

We won’t stand for any religious chatter :teasing-neener:
Get it in guys , this is after all a social forum
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Sam. » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:17 pm

If crow sees this thread I’m sure he would be in :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Wellsy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:49 am

At this stage all are welcome, hell we will even let Collingwood supporters join us :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:51 pm

Wellsy wrote:At this stage all are welcome, hell we will even let Collingwood supporters join us :laughing-rolling:

WOW did I just read this so is it the paroled or just the inbreds are welcome :laughing-rolling: overall inviting a bunch of wankers that support that team is a recipe for you know what ....... an evening with Bubba :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:39 pm

Everyone can be friends just add some alcohol

We have all been in lock down so long many will be looking for a reason for a 2 hour drive
Wellsy

Postby Wellsy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:39 pm

Hey guys anybody interested in this for say late February

Just expressions of interest at this stage as final arrangements will need to be done offline
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:00 pm

Yea Wellsy get your ass over to SA and have a good weekend and we can go for a long drive and meet Sam :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Your welcome to come over mate just don't ask me to go south of the border :angry-banghead: as too many Collingwood supporters there :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby FatManDancing » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:48 pm

How many Vicco members are there? I am two train stops west of Footscray

Before I lose the work car a drive to central Vic sounds good, all on their dime :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I am originally from S.A. Damn I miss Vilis Pies
Last edited by FatManDancing on Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatManDancing
Site Donor

equipment: 35l mash tun, 35l mash tun/boiler, 50l FSD milk can boiler with one 2400w element, four inch, four plate cheapo glasser W four inch FSD reflux condenser, two inch FSD basic pot and T500

Postby Wellsy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:33 pm

Thanks fat man,

I think professor green is around this area as well so he might say hello.
Wellsy

Postby MaKa » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:04 pm

FatManDancing wrote:How many Vicco members are there? I am two train stops west of Footscray

Before I lose the work car a drive to central Vic sounds good, all on their dime :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I am originally from S.A. Damn I miss Vilis Pies

+1 for Victoria here and also near Footscray
MaKa

equipment: FSD 4" Neutraliser
FSD Carter head
T500 pot still with a 2" FSD modular head

Postby Wellsy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:50 am

Well with three or four of us from central vic I was hoping for a better response but understand we are all busy.

Last call out guys or we might have to move the location to closer to Footscray for those guys

I promise I will shower before hand if that will make a difference.
Wellsy

Postby R3dRanga » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:35 pm

Um, I know I'm way late to this party, but I'd love to try for a future catch up. I'm based in Newcastle NSW but (pre-Covid) I spend a lot of time in Melbourne - our base is very close to North Melb train station, but also have a car and bike (perhaps not so good if sampling!).

While I'm very new to distilling, I'm super keen and craving a little 'shared interest' company and conversation. I'm a new student keen to learn/listen!

RR
R3dRanga

equipment: Spirit Maker Reflux, 30L boiler
4L Airstill (teenie!)

Postby Wellsy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:26 am

Good morning red
Like you I was keen to reach out to others to share experiences. It was a bit of a wash out except for 2 members from near Footscray. Given Footscray and north melb are on the same line as the line I would come into melb on it may in fact be easier for me to come down to you guys.
I got slack on doing anything about this so will shoot you all a pm.
Wellsy

Postby R3dRanga » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:16 am

Great Wellsy! How about I give you a shout next time I head down to Melbs and see if you/others are available for a catch up? Depends on flights and border closures (which can happen overnight) so I don't expect it'll be in the next few weeks.

RR
R3dRanga

4L Airstill (teenie!)

Postby Wellsy » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:29 pm

sounds like a plan, no doubt it will be after easter :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Wellsy

Postby FatManDancing » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:10 pm

I got really slack on this too, big life changes ( frekaen love my new job) have squeezed time, plus a lack of equipment has meant I have not stilled much in the past month

The T500 boiler blew again so I consider it dead and since I played with it while still under warranty I can consider that gone too

I hate using the Brewzilla for stillin'. It can do the job but really that is not what it is designed for and I do not think it does it well. Plus getting the boil saddles out from the pump port are a pain in the ass

The electrician is coming tom. to wire up my FSD 2400w element so I can finally use my new FSD milk can boiler

Oh, I bought a milk can boiler from FSD. And a Brewzilla

Andrew is a really cool guy. I had a lot little fiddly things added to my order as discussed on the phone as I also plan to use it a a fermenter and I asked him to double check to make sure I placed the correct order as I was certain I would forget something

He did. A follow up text just to make sure I had everything needed

Customer service level- Dragon Slayer.. :music-deathmetal: :music-deathmetal:

This shiny bright new boiler is gonna cop a floggin'. I have 25l of MacRum low wines, 20l of neutral I am gonna run again, 6l of Fatman Fusion rye low wines and 75l of what I am gonna Heaven Hill Can Wait malted corn, hopefully bourbon whiskey mash to run

I should have bought a second element.. :oops: :oops: When I do there will be no one else I feel more confident buying from

Here is a pic of a cute kitty to say thanks to FSD

Sorry, I needed to say that

Back on topic

I am really looking forward to meeting other 'stillers. I am there
FatManDancing
Site Donor

equipment: 35l mash tun, 35l mash tun/boiler, 50l FSD milk can boiler with one 2400w element, four inch, four plate cheapo glasser W four inch FSD reflux condenser, two inch FSD basic pot and T500

Postby R3dRanga » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:07 pm

I concur FMD! Andrew is a great source of knowledge and very helpful; and I'm super keen to meet other 'stillers too.

Hopefully I can get back to Melbourne sometime soon on a weekend that aligns with everyone else. School hols coming up soon :-D

Cheers,
RR
R3dRanga

4L Airstill (teenie!)

Next

Return to The Dunder Pit