keg spear issue

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

keg spear issue

Postby maheel » Mon May 28, 2012 9:51 pm

just helping some one

here is the spear, if you have unlocked it should just screw out and maybe even leave the spear in the keg as mine just seemed to just then

the red circle is the tab that has been "cut" after removal and you can see how it slots into the screw bit

now get out of bed and get to it :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maheel

Re: keg spear issue

Postby Frank » Mon May 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Hi
(public disclosure number 3)
my name is Frank and, if you are wondering at all, I am the f#ckwit whom annoyed Maheel for long enough about this :angry-banghead: problem that he went down to his shed, in the rain, and took these photos.
I am not in bed (yet) but I am in true appreciation of his patient assistance in this matter.
:text-thankyoublue:
Frank

Re: keg spear issue

Postby crow » Tue May 29, 2012 12:57 am

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1034&hilit=boka+build
F#ck me took me 2 hrs to find it thought I was going nuts , dreamed the damn post up looked though my posts for a clue sure I mentioned it found nothing looked every bloody place , got obsessed with proving to myself I wasn't cracked . Then every combination of search words 3000 posts later here it is ;-) PS I had hassles turning the spear to unlock it so being the ever patient chap I am I belted the fuck out of it with a cold chisel . Also to degas it I put an old towel over it put a crowbar under the handle and socket with a brick on it , degassed easy and didn't need to rush in for a shower ( never quite got over a bad experience with the old majic boxes :-s
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Return to The Dunder Pit