Whats your project for the xmas break

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Whats your project for the xmas break

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:10 pm

G'Day Guys,
Well my youngest daughter decided she wanted a breeding pair of green tree frogs for xmas and my instant thought was that old fish tank :handgestures-thumbupleft: Found out it this morning out the front of the shed where the weeds and I mean weeds :scared-eek: stopped one's path.

So today's task was nuke the area :laughing-rolling: well with a pair of snips and a post hole shovel :laughing-rolling: and got the area all cleaned up.

When SWMBO came home the whole idea of the frogs was put on the back burner so the first pale ale was opened. :obscene-drinkingchug:

Well if my bogan bar is ever going to get made time to cut down some redgum and set them up for drying using the fence posts I have here and lets visit this one next year :handgestures-thumbupleft:

As my still hasn't run for so long it time time to strip it down and give the tree a citric acid bath then the inline thumper can go on with the 500mm packed just to see if I have to move the still so it doesn't hit the roof line :laughing-rolling:

Well as I'm getting out of using longnecks and going into corny/beer kegs next year it may be time to setup my mashtun again with that overhead spray and fire up my flash boiler so I can use steam for mashing local grains and fix the drain on the mashtun to a 3/4" bsp fitting so the fluid can flow thru that magnet pump I have here.
Putting a 3/8" one was a failure :angry-banghead:

Got visit from Crow pending and go back to work on the 9th doing scaffold so it does look like the 2 scaffies want to upgrade from their T-500's :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Re: Whats your project for the xmas break

Postby Wellsy » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:26 pm

Will be trying to sample most of my stocks over the break to make sure nothing over oaks.

It may take some time but I think it needs doing and I am definitely the man for the job.

With So much heat I will also be including a lot of water mixed in amounts the sample, the water will have been mixed with barley and hops of course but water is water and very good for you
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:19 am

Well for a change of tack called into the hardware store and grabbed a 20kg sack of feed barley :handgestures-thumbupleft:

So let the malting begin :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

with the high temps next week it won't take long for the grains to dry in my hotbox infact I may even get a light toast going :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Yonder » Sat Dec 24, 2022 4:51 pm

Getting my right arm back! Total replacement of my right shoulder 2 weeks back. Damned sling is making me nuts but only 4 more days. :angry-banghead: Thankfully, I put up 6 gallons of bourbon in September knowing it was coming. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Yonder

equipment: 10 gal copper pot w/doubler and a lot of enthusiasm

Postby iOnaBender » Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:19 pm

In between ferments and runs, some time on the workbench! :laughing-rolling:

Cheers
iOnaBender
Site Donor

equipment: FSD 4" Mac 5 SSG
125ltr NANO Pro boiler
FSD 2" Pot Still
75ltr Insulated Mash Tun
95ltr HLT

Postby BigRig » Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:10 pm

My xmas project was actually a pre - xmas project. Final touches done today on my alfresco, outdoor kitchen, pizza oven and brew shed. Massive clean up today and stopped for some beers this arvo.
I have my first washes down for the summer. Will be 10 days on 27/12 hopefully ready to run. Not back to work until 11/1.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Return to The Dunder Pit