Australia Day Longweekend '23

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Australia Day Longweekend '23

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:35 pm

Well as Australia Day this year does fall on a Thursday truly a good 4 day break is upon us :handgestures-thumbupleft:

So whats the plan :teasing-tease:

Decided to put a 8mm hole grid plate at the base of my wine press and got 2 lengths of 100x100mmx3mm gal RHS which I was going to use for a fan housing on my shed fire, O'Well found a new life for them as they fit purfect :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Pumped up the tyres om my 6" jaw crusher project just I could move it :laughing-rolling: and cleaned up the centre of my shed so I can finish old projects to a final stage and working :scared-eek:

Now got 13 Kg's of malt to crush so i can get a mash going 10Kg of my malted barely and 3Kg of my malt rye :handgestures-thumbupleft: So I have 3 choices :handgestures-thumbupleft: grind up with my hand corana mill :angry-banghead: Going into my Mt Barker HBS as the Murray Bridge one was like I loaned it out and it never came back then tried to sell me Turbo yeast :scared-eek: So that one HBS I won't be going back to :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Or I can just make my own as with everything it just think of it and Bryan YES you can make it but as far as putting pic's on this forum of my other projects I can only show Wellys my forum side as real life may too much for him. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Anyway Pic's will come tomorrow where on my left infront of my milling machine is my 50-80 litre keg marriage all marked out and never actioned as the heat source is yet to be set. I am thinking of bricking it in then use local wood as the heat source.

Front and centre will be the wine press and the 6" jaw crusher and to the right will be my 4 plate bubbler screaming to get that inline thumper put on so i can extend my experiments of putting scrubbers in the inline thumper so the higher fractions rise and the lower fractions are left in the thumper just like my MiniMe pot still with the one litre run :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Plus putting on another bog standard pale ferment with this US-05 yeast :handgestures-thumbupleft:

All in a fun tine to come :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Return to The Dunder Pit