Logo concept

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Logo concept

Postby RyanS » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:19 pm

I thought I wouldn't lend my mediocre illustration skills for a purpose.

Tell me if this is a crap idea for a logo, or borderline insane and I should keep it to myself :)

Bear with me... I wanted to do one of those really cheesy, but ironic Aussie cilque logo. (and arguably not RSPCA freindly) I haven't drawn in the head or detail yet. So it's a errmm electric pot still kangaroo. perhaps a stupid cross eyed strained look on it's face, puffing hard on the graham condenser. Why? I have no idea it sounded like a good idea at the time..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RyanS

Re: Logo concept

Postby MacStill » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:25 pm

L.... O...... FUCKING........L

You my friend have way too much time on your hands :mrgreen:

I love it! great idea! now make it pretty :lol:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby QLD.Andy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:14 pm

My try
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QLD.Andy

equipment: Still Spirits T500 with Copper Mesh
McStill made Copper Parrot
McStill made Copper Pot Still

Postby QLD.Andy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm

This is the same size as the existing logo.
QLD.Andy

Postby MacStill » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Andy,

I do like that concept but the still and bottle is already being used on another forum, I wouldnt want to piss anyone off if they think we are trying to knock off things from their site.

I'm no good at art or computers so I wont even try, but I have this thing in my head from Ryans scribble that I keep thinking about, it's the green n gold kangaroo flag and ryans idea of the roo puffing on the condenser... does that make sense?

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby QLD.Andy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:39 pm

McStill wrote:Andy,

I do like that concept but the still and bottle is already being used on another forum, I wouldnt want to piss anyone off if they think we are trying to knock off things from their site.

I'm no good at art or computers so I wont even try, but I have this thing in my head from Ryans scribble that I keep thinking about, it's the green n gold kangaroo flag and ryans idea of the roo puffing on the condenser... does that make sense?

Cheers.

Fair enough, but I dont think they would mind - the forum name is Aussie Home Distiller.
I understand your concept of the roo etc but getting the amount of detail into such a short pic will be hard.
I will try again, let the competition begin :lol:
QLD.Andy

Postby MacStill » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:53 pm

I just dont want to give anyone the chance to whinge or have the shits with us, more out of respect than anything else, there's nothing wrong with your idea and no reason why the bottle and still cant be made to look slightly different ;)

I will allow a slightly higher logo, 10 to 15mm taller than the current one, but any more than that distorts the page too much.

Cheers.
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Return to The Dunder Pit