All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Hows your luck

Postby Professor Green » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Aussiedownunder01 wrote:Mine run out last weekend
Picked up a nice 10 liter bottle at a garage sale
Now to clean this sucker out put the garden hose in
Yep the fucking thing exploded
Stitchers all over the face right eye gone [they recon they can rebuild it over time 2 months ]
1 st operation 2.5 hrs 1 hour yesterday
You would recon at my age you would have more sense
Fuck the glass its all stainless for me know

Wow, that is some seriously bad luck. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Cheers,
Prof. Green.
Professor Green

equipment: FSD 100 litre milk can with 2 x 2400W elements
FSD Neutraliser
FSD Carter Head
12 litre double boiler with 2400W element

Postby crow » Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:27 am

Jee Zuz Adu glad you didn't loose an eye. Must have had a fault to go like that under domestic mains pressure, have exploding beer bottles about ten or so years back and know how funny it isn't
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Aussiedownunder01 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:57 am

I would say it was probley a 20 year old bottttle
Aussiedownunder01

Location: So close to melbourne airport you can hear the plains
equipment: 100 litre boiler with a 4 in 5 plate bubbler on top with a 500 packed section standing by if needed

Postby WTDist » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:33 pm

might add to this thread... :angry-banghead:

Was driving the 4x4 past a major earth moving development area this morning in carina. Heard a bang like a poped tyre. wound window down. fuck a flat oh well im 200m from home ill keep going. get home no flat tyre.
call racq to come look and see if i have a problem. couldnt find one but needed new tyres.
drove to went to get some new tires and get the problem that sounded like a flat tyre fixed and found a nice 10mm or so bolt in my tire washer and all.

appears screws and nails arnt the only bad ones now and it doesnt sound like driving on a screw, had many of those and this sounded like driving on flat rubber thats bending :think:

My fingers are fat but i used them for size comparison :laughing-rolling:

Inside the tyre once it was off
2015-11-19 13.24.29.jpg

bolt on the outside of the tyre
2015-11-19 13.24.38.jpg

many $$ later :mad:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby wynnum1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:02 pm

"major earth moving development area this morning in carina."
Is that the $ 5 million dump remediation by BMD at MINIPPI PARKLANDS payed for by the Brisbane city council so BMD can build a golf course on land that regularly floods and BMD gets to develop and sell all the good land for residential use.
wynnum1

Postby WTDist » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:44 pm

haha, the fursdon road tip redemption by bmd, you got it in one. i live round the corner. could throw a rock at them :)) and pass them 6 times a day. the roads a mess here and it went in my tire where their trucks enter frequently. i dare say it was one that had fallen off of a truck carring dirt in or out.

Gold course you say. hmm major pond course in the wet season. i remember that whole area flooded not too long ago.

I dont know why they are developing an area that floods so much. where the bolt went in the tyre, or the location where their trucks go in and out was under at least .5m of water last wet season on a big down pour, maybe more. i know i tried to go that way and was like hell with that who would live here.

shifty buggers
WTDist

equipment: Building a 4" bubbler with 8" glass thumper

Postby 5 o'clock » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:01 pm

I have a mate who has to clear out his deceased brother in law's house. Open invite to everyone to come and take what they want today.

I got there late but grabbed a few things.

First was a lion Nathan keg. No idea how long it has been sitting in his back shed and its legal status. Print on the keg says tooheys new made in 2000.

Also got a spare hydrometer. No one else there knew what it was so left it behind. He was unaware of his bro in law ever making home brew in the last 20 years so no idea how old it is.

Also got a few other garden tools, drill bits, hack saw blades and pliers.

Best score though was a set of Footrot Flats comics - hope my kids enjoy them like I did when I was their age.

Now I'm off to try to get the spear out of the keg.
5 o'clock

equipment: Modular bubble plate still on a keg with 2 elements. Mostly run it as a pot so far.

Postby crow » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:29 am

Luck has taken a turn for the worse. Learner diver crashed the stateo it is no more and I am a little fucked up myself
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Nino » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:55 am

crow wrote:Luck has taken a turn for the worse. Learner diver crashed the stateo it is no more and I am a little fucked up myself

Sorry to hear that Crow I hope you are better soon
Nino

equipment: Black Mangus reflux still and 30lt boiler. 4" Modular pot still from FSD. Now a 50lt keg boiler with 2 2400 watt heating elements and a controller. 5 plate bubbler with a 500mm packed section

Postby bluc » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:47 pm

crow wrote:Luck has taken a turn for the worse. Learner diver crashed the stateo it is no more and I am a little fucked up myself

Major bummer hope you get back on your feet soon
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Doubleuj » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:55 pm

No good crow, is it some thing a few good drinks can fix or are you in hospital? But more importantly, why o lord did you take a statesman :crying-blue:
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby crow » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:23 pm

Yeah a few good drinks and maybe a few more lucky I know a cheap source :handgestures-thumbupleft: , yep one less class act lemon on the road but she had pedigree. Got a bombed out pajero I've owned for 15 years and the missuses f f for...fucket need to get another Holden. Ford life isn't no life for a crow, this thread would suffer greatly for a start, tales of broke down fords, ain't nobody got time for that shit :laughing-rolling:
crow

Postby crow » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:13 pm

How's my luck? Bloody shambles of cause , couple of female coppers just moved in next door :angry-banghead: Next doors family were distillers so there was no need for and significant fence between the still house and them, all that has changed.
crow

Postby Doubleuj » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Daaaamn. You'd best make good friend with them, and fast
Doubleuj
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" stainless glasser

Postby crow » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:12 am

Well got a nasty cold just as I got the kids for holidays, shot the trip to the snow to hell. Anyways while I had them had a tooth get sore that developed into an abscess under it. Was young sons birthday yesterday and I was in to much agony to catch up with him, this crap could have come a week or so earlier or later, far out Brussels sprout :handgestures-thumbdown:
crow

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit