Hows your luck

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Hows your luck

Postby crow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:38 pm

Thought this might make an interesting thread for those feats of incredibly shit luck
So to kick it off, my fucking car: I got it working a week or so back and have tested it by starting it 3 or 4 times a day ever since, hmm hasn't missed a trick .Cool can trust it for a trip down the street, buzzt wrong. Can ya believe this Fuck of a thing, starts a hundred times in a row when it doesn't really matter and leaves ya stranded the first time it does. So now its stuck in the main street where it can't be towed out forward, least I got to walk home in the stinking heat up hill the whole way :angry-banghead:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Re: Hows your luck

Postby MR-E » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Jeese Crow, if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at the mo ~x(
MR-E

equipment: Cooking on gas,50ltr keg, 3"Bok &
4" column with 6 perf plates

Postby unsub » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:58 pm

I've got a car like that! It will not miss a beat for months at a time then one day, always miles away from home I will turn the key and nothing, not even a click.
unsub

equipment: 4" 5 Plate Column

Postby googe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:27 pm

You seem to have alot of shit going on with that car crow, what is it?. I would have sold the fucken thing ages ago :))
googe

Postby Fatherjack » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 pm

Tell me it's NOT a FORD

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Fatherjack

equipment: 50l keg boiler
Mac pot still

Postby Camikaze » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:37 pm

Fatherjack wrote:Tell me it's NOT a FORD

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

now now..... :naughty: :snooty: :naughty:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2270

:D
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby bt1 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Crow,

had the same issue with an older commy..VR...didn't take long to work it out if you apply a bit of thinking....
in this case turned out to be the shift leaver position sensor switch believing it was still in drive...prevents start up, naturally.

What is the exact issue, make model got a few mates right into diags/mechanics for cars...

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby Camikaze » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm

bt1 wrote:Crow,

had the same issue with an older commy..VR...didn't take long to work it out if you apply a bit of thinking....
in this case turned out to be the shift leaver position sensor switch believing it was still in drive...prevents start up, naturally.

What is the exact issue, make model got a few mates right into diags/mechanics for cars...

bt1

Neutral safety switch. Common as buggery on most commodores. Fixed those fuckers for 6 years. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Also, worn out key switches are likely too, given the age of the car. Too many keys on the key ring can wear 'em down to nothing.

:text-+1: Crow, what type of car mate?
Camikaze

equipment: The 'Lamb-cannon' 4" stainless modular hybrid on a keg, shottie-cooled with 185,000 btu up its arse

Postby dillsandwitch » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:54 pm

I used to have a car that was reliable as shit. reliable that it would break down in the same place almost every day. there was a round-a-bout that it would always break down at and this car was the sort that if it stoped you either got a jump or you sat and waited a few hours for it to start on its own. I would get a phone call, drive out to jump it and in the time i took to get there there would be just enough time to go over the road to the servo get a snack and a drink, consume it and walk back to the car and i would just be rocking up to the rescue
dillsandwitch

equipment: T-500 :D

Postby googe » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Maybe that slug has been drinking your likka again and tinkered with the car crow? :teasing-tease:
googe

Postby crow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:19 pm

1997 Statesman , starter motor :angry-banghead:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby MacStill » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:56 pm

If it was a Ford he wouldnt have walked home :handgestures-thumbupleft:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby crow » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:33 pm

:text-nocomment:
McStill wrote:

If it was a Ford he wouldnt have walked home :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

Postby Camikaze » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:07 am

croweater wrote:1997 Statesman , starter motor :angry-banghead:

Is this the troublesome car Crow??

If so, I would direct my attention to the starter motor wiring harness that comes of the battery. Also has the alternator harness taped with it I think. If it hasn't been replaced in a while (ever), the fittings will just about fall off the cable as you undo it. Also, if it is before the year that Holden upgraded the harness (my guess), I would bet that the harness is burnt out. You'll know it by the rank burnt smell and stuffed insulation. The constant high-resistance caused by the shitty harness will burn out the starter motor. And your alternator too. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Have fun changing that sucker out.

Cam - I'm an ex-Holden tech. :-B
Camikaze

Postby crow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:18 am

Yep already worked out I'll need to drop one end of the stearing ARM , what a stupid Fuck of an idea that is
crow

Postby crow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:19 am

to be even I should add i went down the street to pick up my pH tester that arrived from Hong Kong, was like $8 including postage and got sent express mail \:D/ in time for my next mash :clap: :clap: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
crow

Postby emptyglass » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:37 pm

So you picked up a pH tester and left your car....fair swap I'd say
emptyglass

Postby bt1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:05 pm

+1 Cam...you beat me too it

damn odd thing is had a cooked starter motor terminal on the VY series 2 ...would never have picked a 8 year older having only done 20K to have that...

bt1
bt1

Postby crow » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:47 pm

yeah the wiring to the ignition burnt out last time I was in SA and got rewired. ppl might remember me sooking about it, got over there and the leads suddenly broke down replaced them the next day the water pump shit itself fixed that and 2 min later the wiring burnt out fixed that and started it, backfired and blew the air cleaner up fixed that and came back here and the starter motor shit so for nearly a whole week it ran good . Since then its just sat out the front getting death stares from me.
The trip over wasn't void of mishap either said to my stepson better be careful round here roos will be everywhere . Sure enough 2 min later roos in every direction , anyway a big mob was crossing up ahead so i pulled up and while parked there (stationary) one fucking roo came flying out the scrub and bang straight in to my passenger door busting the mirror . My steppy says get fucked never even heard of that happening , I said don't fucking jinx me any 5 min later up the road bout 20 roos crossing the road this time I stopped 50 mtrs back right in the middle of the hwy. :angry-banghead: didn't help same thing happened again this time the roo hit the front guard at full speed putting a fucking great dent in it right on the bend so i can't pull it out. just a stroke of luck that my insurance had just ran out so at least I didn't have to convince them what happened, PS stepson shit himself even more because he was just getting out the car for a piss :))
crow

Postby bt1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:53 pm

Ah the car's called Lucky? :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

fuck me what a trip...

bt1
bt1

Next

Return to The Dunder Pit