Hows your luck

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: Hows your luck

Postby OzKev » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Today the luck is not with me...

It started of with setting up for a product run. Filled the boiler and fired up the element. Bang and a blue flame. I put 2 elements on the boiler to shorten the inital heat up time, but it's the second element to blow so I can't just swap to the other element and keep running. In my haste I then ordered the wrong bits from Mac (thanks Mac for fixing that up)

So I thought I may go crush some corn ready for a mash tomorrow. A few kg into it, the spider couple decides to start slipping. When I have a look at tightening the grub screw up it's seized tight (think cast coupler and living close to the beach). So i decide to drill it out and put a pin thorough the shaft. The shaft is hardened steel so nothing here can drill it.

Then I think why not go watch a movie, but I'll watch it on the big screen. Samsung home cinema usb port is crappy and wont pick up the external hard drive. Try the TV, stupid Samsung tv refuses to play the file. Try the Sony bluray player, nope it only detects the first partition on the device which is the windows recovery partition (ex laptop drive), so I can't even copy the movie there... Then I try and get the tv to hook up to the wireless network. Our laptop, 4 mobiles and even a Soniq tv talks to it happily, but not the Samsung tv, or the samsung home cinema. At least my pc has a decent screen.

Tomorrow is another day :clap:
OzKev

equipment: 50 L boiler with 2 x 2200w elements, and voltage controller
- Pot still with a 2" column, 1/2" liebig, with a few ogee attachments.
- 3" Modular Boka
Still Spirit Super Reflux
Still Spirit T500

All Grain brewery (BIAB, 1V and a 3v)
Temp controlled fermenting

Postby tipsy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:54 am

You should get drunk.
tipsy

equipment: 4" Mac 4 with packed section and gin basket on a 50lt boiler with 2 2400w FSD elements.

Postby baysidebogan » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:51 am

Having just been through bush fire,toxic smoke from the power station fire behind me and the sub station explosions the other day,I'd say my luck has been bloody good recently
baysidebogan

equipment: 2 inch JayD copper pot,50l keg 2400 mac element, and a 19lt pot still with thumper that sits on the stove in the kitchen

Postby crow » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:20 am

Sold my spare car battery to get someone out of trouble then drove to the servo to fill up. Yep never any doubt , had to get a jump start. Seems my battery worked fine until five min after I sold the spare, ( no good deed ect. ect. :roll:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Muppet » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Guess which dickhead just dropped his alcometer into his not full enough, longest aged Demi of macwhisky.... 5 months of waiting tipped down the sink... Hardly bad luck more shear stupidity!!! :angry-banghead:
Muppet

equipment: T500, 4" 4 plate copper bubbler ;)

Postby Sam. » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:51 pm

Muppet wrote:Guess which dickhead just dropped his alcometer into his not full enough, longest aged Demi of macwhisky.... 5 months of waiting tipped down the sink... Hardly bad luck more shear stupidity!!! :angry-banghead:

I would be filtering that in a hurry :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I hope you didn't tip it down the sink :shifty:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby Muppet » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:52 pm

The thought crossed my mind but lead... Not worth the risk... Tipped the lot
Muppet

equipment: T500, 4" 4 plate copper bubbler ;)

Postby Sam. » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:53 pm

Muppet wrote:The thought crossed my mind but lead... Not worth the risk... Tipped the lot

Wow, that sucks :handgestures-thumbdown:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.

Postby kelbygreen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 pm

bummer, thats another reason I siphon or pull out the sample. Use a glass jar to dip in but demijohn you would need a silicon hose to siphon it out. least if I drop the glass jar it can be salvaged.

Wonder if they still use lead balls sure they would of come up with something better? since the glass is so damn thin :angry-banghead:
kelbygreen

equipment: 3" pot

Postby Sam. » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:11 pm

Honestly if it had been in there short term I would have filtered it out and drank it. Then again I would eat a lead sinker to win a bet. Each to do their own risk assessment ;-)
Sam.
Lifetime Member

18 Gal boiler.

Postby Yummyrum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:39 pm

sam_and_liv wrote:Honestly if it had been in there short term I would have filtered it out and drank it. Then again I would eat a lead sinker to win a bet. Each to do their own risk assessment ;-)
:text-+1:
...not so sure about the sinker though :laughing-rolling:
Yummyrum

equipment: Did use Still Spirits Reflux
Now use 50l Keg with Pot head for Rum and Neutral stripping runs on gas .
LM/VM head with 1m packed 2" on Still Spirits boiler for Neutrals.

Postby Sam. » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:43 pm

Yummyrum wrote:
sam_and_liv wrote:Honestly if it had been in there short term I would have filtered it out and drank it. Then again I would eat a lead sinker to win a bet. Each to do their own risk assessment ;-)
:text-+1:
...not so sure about the sinker though :laughing-rolling:

There are some that are commited and some that arnt 8-}
Sam.
Lifetime Member

18 Gal boiler.

Postby Yummyrum » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:45 pm

You win :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Yummyrum

Postby crow » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:43 pm

hows my luck ? yeah pretty shit really, got home to find a shelf had let go smashing one still, a few bottles of whiskey and a dozen crocks amongst other stuff :sad:
crow

equipment: ultra pure reflux still and a 4" 4 plate MacStill built copper bubble cap column and a 500mm scoria packed rectifying module

Postby Yummyrum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:48 pm

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: you really are a poor bastard

Know a good Builder ? :D
Yummyrum

Postby crow » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:50 pm

yeah to much weight for the screw length ect. my fault , I would have posted the pic but its telling me the file is to big FIIK
crow

Postby kelbygreen » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:58 pm

see this thread is still crows personal one 8-} Sure your luck has to turn around one day, surprised your not living in a padded room with a tin foil hat on :))
kelbygreen

equipment: 3" pot

Postby SBB » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:42 pm

Crow if it helps at all my ride on mower caught fire today, I did get it out using my boats fire extinguisher in the end, didn't know I could still move that quick till it all went to shit.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Yummyrum » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:20 pm

LOL SBB .....reminds me once I was Happily mowing the 4' high grass one 40 deg C summer day .....happily puffing away on a rollie .Looked down to see fuel gushing out of the tank and running under my feet .....Didn't know what to do with the rollie ,....drop it or throw it into the grass :laughing-rolling:
Yummyrum

Postby Dominator » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Scored a free 6 burner BBQ the other day, if thst wasn't good enough, I called a mate to give me a hand to pick it up and when I picked him he gave me 2 x 19L european style beer kegs. Looks like I need to get some co2 gear and I will be able to keg my beer instead of bottling. :happy-partydance:
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit