In The Shed Today

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: In The Shed Today

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

Well with finishing nightshift this morning it was my start to the long weekend so with my plan of getting that 3.4Kw of solar on the roof bugger any sleep as I wanted to get it sorted. Well the rails the panels came with are cheap ching junk and they used SS bolts into a ali base and all bar 2 were welded tight :angry-banghead:

So into M&M and all up $600 later all new panel mounts fixings everything :handgestures-thumbupleft: then went and looked at the rego on my ute and it bloody ran out last Monday :scared-eek: so more $$$ to fork out.

Anyway got everything home and the esky charged with beer and ice :handgestures-thumbupleft: so a few longnecks before falling over later for a decent long sleep.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:30 pm

Well wouldn't you know it only had enough enough panel mounts to mount the 1.9Kw panels :angry-banghead: So in the morning going to ring a mobile number for M&M and tell them they made my order short so get get off ya ass and come in to get them for me :laughing-rolling: Anyway I did go short on the feet for the rails so that is one fix :angry-banghead:

Anyway picked up that whisky head and man I was surprised at the size :scared-eek: but one thing I do want to do is take pic for you guy's with my new pot still setup just so I can see if I do need to make a new PC for it :laughing-rolling: Man it just may give me something to do next week but as the shop won't work for me getting those 3"fitting may be a challenge :laughing-rolling: So I may just to make my own as if I've done my job with the solar I can get some shed time to finish my section roller and I can make my own flanges.

But with a mate there is a talk of honey and what I can do with it :handgestures-thumbupleft: as it has been done before it hasn't got the Bryan treatment :laughing-rolling: so this just may be interesting. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:44 pm

Welcome Bryan to the world of pot stills..
I knew you would eventually work out that was what you needed to take your product to the next level :)
Hahahahahaha
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby The Stig » Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:29 pm

We have 3”stuff Bryan
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:29 pm

Well after a very long day I'm sitting back sucking down some of that sparking ale I bottled at xmas :obscene-drinkingchug: man 3 months aging has made this a much better drop than pale ale :laughing-rolling:

Anyway Friday I put 1.9Kw of solar the roof and did intend putting up the 1.5Kw array but with my $600 order from M&M they forgot to put in the panel clamps for the 1.5Kw array :angry-banghead:

Well I was on the roof at 8am wiring up these panels and it was just after 5pm when the wiring was in the shed so a couple of hours in the shed will make for a easy day tomorrow as I just need to hook this up :handgestures-thumbupleft:

aMTTP.jpg

A home made 150 volt 45 amp MPPT mounted in one of those grid tie box's I got with the panels, I mean why go spend 2K on a commercial which these only works just after the warranty period ends then lets out the magic smoke. :scared-eek: Atleast with a homemade one if the smoke does get out one can fix it :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Todd picked that IBC grain bin yesterday so Wellsy that wait may just end but it may take awhile for it to get filled :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit