In The Shed Today

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

In The Shed Today

Postby MacStill » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:53 pm

In the shed today I got rid of the original post in this topic from that arse clown :laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Re: In The Shed Today

Postby MacStill » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:15 pm

I've been mesmerized by my 2 new huge copper boilers... 140L & 180L :mrgreen:

Just standing there looking at em and thinking how I'm going to set them up, but cant stop thinking about a 140L thumper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby reknaw » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Made my first coldinger 2 1/2 inch by about 14 inches, it is a monster and it looks f**king awsome, VERY impressed with it.
reknaw

Postby Heffers » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 pm

5Star wrote:What you have you good people been doing in the shed lately? :)

Making a big fucken mess of it. I'm one of those blokes that will clean up after the job instead of during it. :roll:

Cheers, Heffers
Heffers

equipment: 2.5" Pot Still for Stripping
2.5" Condensor Controlled - Neutral Producer
2.2kW 50L Keg

Postby MacStill » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Heffers wrote:

Making a big fucken mess of it. I'm one of those blokes that will clean up after the job instead of during it. :roll:

Cheers, Heffers

:lol: :lol: :lol: I can relate to that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then when your trying to find something you scratch your head and say "fuck I just had it a minute ago" :mrgreen:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby R-sole » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 pm

It's called sorted in 'chronological order'.

Means you just dump everything on top of everything else as soon as your finnished with it. ;)
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby Kimbo » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:55 pm

I wired up a fan controller to use as a dimmer on a 150w light for keeping my fermenter warm! :D
the missus took one look and said " i don't feel comfortable with that in the house"! :roll:
- They cant let us win can they? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby R-sole » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:10 pm

Just tell her there's no way she's sleeping in the shed, and the dog will growl at her if she tries to barge in there, so she'll either have to look the other way or check the share accomodation classifieds 8-)

EitherWayTheBeersWarmPunkin
R-sole

equipment: Keg based pot stiller. 3" vm for occasionally making product for macerations and redistillation.

Postby reknaw » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:37 pm

Heffers wrote:

Cheers, Heffers

Be like me just don't clean up :) You've seen my wksp area.
reknaw

Postby SBB » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:58 pm

In my shed its called called "hanging it up on the floor"
Gave the new pot still a fair workout today and stripped 75L of TPW......very happy with the result and soooooo glad I bit the bullet and built my own. Looking back I don't know why I thought it would be so hard to do, it was just a pile of copper bits Saturday morning.
SBB
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby rumby » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:01 am

I purposely create a huge mess in my work area during the week and as Friday approaches start talking to the missus about needing to clean up under the house, which leads to, " i probably should run the still while I am down there".

On the weekend & snapped the lawn mower cord, was cutting some vines and cut the plug of the exteranl fluro light. Had an electrican start fixing my water pump (puppy chewed the cords) to find out water got into the computer board & wont be covered under warranty.

However did get all the fitting for the pond pump to set up the water recycling (but not much good to me without a water tank pump).
rumby

equipment: CC reflux still

Postby R-sole » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:37 am

I'll be diong a strip or two of my ujsm's to try and get the barrells filled. Bloody lush i live with has drank her way through 50 litres of the stuff.... :lol:
R-sole

Postby reknaw » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:18 pm

Well I just enrolled in "perform advanced welding using gas arc tungsten arc welding process" looks like I am going to learn how to weld stainless to copper and copper to copper. The fella told me it's "easy to weld copper" I am shit at welding stainless let alone anything else :lol: I'm going to get the stainless welding down first then have a go at copper, then stainless to copper - 30 hrs so hopeully I'll get it down pat by the end of it.

I am tempted to have a go at aluminium as it's in the course but you can't use aluminium in distilling :(

A copper still TIG welded together would be as flash as......... I am keen as to get started wasn't keen on handing over the cash though.
reknaw

Postby SBB » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:33 pm

Today after stripping my TPW with the new pot still over the weekend I filled the T500 boiler with the resulting 40% wash. So far ive pulled off 7 jars x 400Ml and 3 jars x 800Ml willl be interesting to see what I end up with.
Have calculated somewhere around the ten Litre mark. Should get a good chunk of hearts out of this lot. Gunna need a shit load of lemons for Lemoncello :D
SBB
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby R-sole » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Did another ujsm strip this morning early 7am start. Should have enough for another spirit run now, that'll be two spirit runs this week. Oughta help fill my sad barrells.
Went over town for pink slip on the ute, and birthday shopping.

Just finished boiling 20 kilos of chick wheat for the mushroom spawn bags, the keg bomb is coming up to pressure with eleven bags in it now.

Still 3 hours till gas out today :roll:

AnkleGivingMeTroublePunkin
R-sole

Postby MacStill » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:30 pm

5Star wrote:AnkleGivingMeTroublePunkin

Probably for the rest of your life mate, killed my ankle 20yrs ago and it still lets me remember it's there :lol:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby SBB » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:39 pm

Sounds like a crook ankle club :D busted mine 30 years ago along with a leg......am reminded daily of that prang
SBB
SBB
Lifetime Member

Postby torry73 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:16 pm

Sounds more like an invalid club.

I've got knacked arms after smashing both of them 4 years ago. The upside is now I know how to make my own drinks and the jerky to go with it!!
torry73

equipment: 2" DR Boka- reflux/pot combo
1.5" reflux cm
2" pot still
50 litre boiler on gas

Postby R-sole » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:16 am

Mmmm jerky...

jerky6.jpg

jerky5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R-sole

Postby torry73 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:23 pm

Crap,just finished doing a strip run looked at the jerky now I feel hungry. Now to get some meat and start slicing and marinating.
torry73

equipment: 2" DR Boka- reflux/pot combo
1.5" reflux cm
2" pot still
50 litre boiler on gas

Next

Return to The Dunder Pit