"E" cigarettes or Vaping.

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Postby SX170 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Been thinking about having a go at giving up the smokes. Filthy habit I know but unless you are/were a smoker you have no idea how hard they are to kick.
Anyway I had a courier driver call into work this morning dropping off parcels. He took this thing out of his pocket that looked like a fancy pen and said "here have a drag on this"
So I did. (after being reassured it was safe) Tasted like pinapple, quite pleasant along with the normal "feel" of a drag on a smoke. Even exhaled what I thought was smoke but is apparently water vapour.
He said there is nicotine in it but no tar or chemicals. He is/was a 40 per day smoker and is now down to 1 per day after 2 weeks. He is slowly reducing the nicotine levels until he is just inhaling water & flavorings.
All sorts of flavours available fruit, chocolate, rum & even tobacco flavour if you want.
Thought I might give it a crack.
Anybody on here with personal experience good or bad?

Cheers.
SX170

equipment: Home built bubbler.

Re: "E" cigarettes or Vaping.

Postby bayshine » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:59 pm

A few blokes at my work have them and they have given up
So I guess it's a good thing :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:09 pm

the law surrounding these is confusing. if it looks like a cigarette, its illegal. it is sold as a aid to quit smoking, its illegal. if it contains nicotine its illegal to be sold within Australia, but i think it falls in importation therapeutics law, which means u can import up to 3 month supply from online/outside Australia, but dont quote me on that.
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby The Stig » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Ive been vaping for a couple of years now, I can tell you it's fully legal.
If your thinking of getting into it, do it properly, dont mess around with the "fake" cigs from the tobacco shop.
Get one of these ( http://www.vapebar.com.au/provari-varia ... al-display ) with extension cap, a hand full of 18650 batterys, a tank and tip then go to healthcabin.com for some good nicotine and your on your way.
A good place to get info is http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum.php
If you need any help (I just helped Doc get on his vaping trail) shoot me a pm

Andy wrote: u can import up to 3 month supply from online/outside Australia, but dont quote me on that.

Thats right, but who is to say what a 3 month supply is ? I just got a 1 litre,100mg bottle from USA, this will be cut down to our vaping strength with flavours etc
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:32 pm

The Stig wrote:Ive been vaping for a couple of years now, I can tell you it's fully legal.

U might need to inform queensland government on that mate. they r seizing nicotine as schedule 7 poison under the The Health Regulation 1996, Part 4 Section 217. ACT state law also classes nicotine under schedule 7 and thus could, and possibly will enforce it, under the ACT Medicines, Poisons and Therapeutic Goods Act 2008. NT you need a permit for schedule 7, and nicotine is listed as a schedule 7 poison, as listed NT Poisons and Dangerous Drugs Act
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby kiwikeg » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:06 pm

They work, lots of guys at work have used them to cut down.
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby Dyno » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:19 pm

I've been vaping for close on 2yrs now...best eva move getting rid of the durries...30 a day down to zero...you can legally import 3 months personal supply nicotine...no probs...customs sometimes open it..leave their calling card an on it goes..no probs..you can't buy it legally or sell it in AU ...just the hardware and flavors...nico wont give you cancer...proven...keeps you chuffing tho but no 3 thousand chemicals clogging u up...you can buy nico patches from woolies so no biggie...
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Postby SBB » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:42 pm

Interesting thread, nicotine junkie here, Its sounding like these things might be worth a try.
Been looking at your link Stig, Kinda curious about what that extension thing does ??
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby Dusty_ben » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:15 pm

Was on a flight to site when the bloke next to me started puffing on one of these. Flight attendants freaked out. Haha
Dusty_ben

equipment: 50l keg boiler with a mac built 2" pot still. Also a cheap stainless 2" reflux from eBay

Postby The Stig » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:00 am

SBB wrote:Interesting thread, nicotine junkie here, Its sounding like these things might be worth a try.
Been looking at your link Stig, Kinda curious about what that extension thing does ??

The extension cap allows the bigger 18650 batteries to fit in the provari, its all about battery life and the 18650 last a bit longer than the 18500 :handgestures-thumbupleft:
We follow the "no smoking" rules and dont vape where your not allowed to smoke, having said that there are a few restaurants etc that are vape friendly.
As far as schedule 7 goes, it seems to a big grey loop-hole, I know QLD health threatened to confiscate nic but I dont know a single person who has lost anything.
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Dominator » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:10 am

SBB wrote:Been looking at your link Stig, Kinda curious about what that extension thing does ??

I think the end cap alows you to fit a bigger battery.

The ProVari optional 18650 extension cap replaces the stock end cap and allows you to use a single 18650 battery.

This will extend the length of the device and offer you longer run times between charging.

edit: Posted same time a Stig
Dominator

equipment: 2" Pot Still/Hybrid
4" Perf Plate Bubbler
50L Keg boiler with 2 x 2400w elements

Postby bt1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:16 am

Seriously looking at this like to get organised this week.

So if I understand it, will we get the nicotine in or not?

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby The Stig » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:24 am

Yes BT you will get the nic in to AU, just dont go buying 5 litres at a time.
Ive been vaping much longer than I thought, my sig from AVF, the numbers are for 2 people Me and Wife
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby SX170 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:03 am

Thanks for the feedback Stig.
My courier mate said his has a usb charging setup.
I have to go to Canberra for work on Thursday so I might check out those interesting shops in Fyshwick to see what they have.
Time to try and get off these bloody things.

Cheers all :handgestures-thumbupleft:
SX170

equipment: Home built bubbler.

Postby The Stig » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:08 am

That would be an Ego or similar, if you go down that road remember to buy at least 3 or 4 spare batteries, you will need them.
If you go to any of the bricks and mortar stores you wont find nicotine, and without nic your going to fail.
Keep us posted on how you go and what device you buy.
Edit to add: If your thinking of going Ego style, just buy from http://www.healthcabin.net much cheaper and you can order your nic at the same time so everything arrives together :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby the Doctor » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:32 am

Both Lyn and I have taken the path of e -cigs with the help and guidance of Stig, who's patience with me qualifies him for saint status ( Saint stag...has a nice ring to it) I bought a Provari for me and Lyn an EGO style from Vape-bar in Perth. We are very satisfied with both products...The pro - vari is a quality build and should handle years of use. I have fitted mine with a pipe stem as I used to be a pipe smoker and simply prefer the comfort of the familiar... I also own an e-pipe from a company in New York, which is nice for those winter nights by the fire type scenarios. I am doing a spirit run today but will post pictures when I can... Listen to Stig, he has a lot of experience with this and really helped us to wade through the ton's of information online. Cheers.
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby FireKitty » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:46 pm

Having trouble getting the old folks to give up the cigs so they can get much needed surgery, having no luck with the cheaper e-cigs so will give this stuff a go... awesome info mate :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
FireKitty

equipment: Ultra Pure reflux still with 30L boiler

Postby bt1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:44 am

Hello all,

Very grateful to all for posting this thread.

Having smoked for over thirty years this is my way out. tried patches, pills, gum, cold turkey but none address the habit, the hands and mouth involved, the hit effect ..sub conscious shite but it's an issue for a long termer like me.

So have ordered kit and juice next week all good.

cheers
bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby the Doctor » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:38 am

I wish you the very best with it BT...it worked for Lyn and I, hopefully it will work well for you. Cheers
Doc
the Doctor

equipment: 6 plate bubble cap, grain brewery

Postby watoom » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:33 am

A good beginner set up if you do not wish to spend as much as the Provari is the following:

The setup including 5 replacement coils will cost roughly $50-60 not including juice. I would recommend getting a couple of batteries (Vision Spinner) so that you have one that can be used while other is charging.

I also second The Stig with regards to healthcabin.com, have bought a lot from them and never had an issue with customs.

Vision spinner:
http://www.vapebar.com.au/vision-ego-spinner/

Protank 2 or 3:
http://www.vapebar.com.au/protank-3-by-kanger/

Protank replacement coils:
http://www.vapebar.com.au/kanger-protan ... ent-coils/
*Remember to order the correct replacement coils*
ProTank 2 Replacement Coils are compatible and able to be used in the ProTank 3
ProTank 3 Replacement Coils (Dual Coils) are compatible and able to be used in the ProTank 3
watoom

equipment: T500 Artisan copper condenser

Next

Return to The Dunder Pit