"E" cigarettes or Vaping.

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: "E" cigarettes or Vaping.

Postby Dyno » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:37 pm

Just be aware guys, if your ordering from OS, don't include batteries as it will more than likely be pulled up and you wont get your order. Healthcabin has had a lot6 of issues of late, in saying that it was within the Hongkong transit route. The DHL delivery option is more expensive but more reliable. If using this option, and you get an invoice from DHL, ignore it...tear it up. They have been doing this on occasion to unsuspecting customers and its a load of shit. This has been arriving AFTER the goods are at the destination...just so you are informed.
Here is a link to an NZ firm that has quick shipping if you are in a hurry.http://soulblu.co.nz/shop/products/nico ... cco-range/ Its handy if you are just venturing into ecigs and want juice within the week. I would not recommend buying hardware there, only nicotine. Its very good quality and their tobaccos are reasonable tasting. They can be pre mixed with nicotine so the hard stuff is done, which will allow you to make your decisions without over spending and getting confused. As I said, its quick shipping so you are straight into it. The legalities behind the NZ store are many but its all legit.

If any of you want to move into mixing your own, there are many webshops in AU, Im happy to put a few forward on request, some of them I know personally, and knowing the lingo to what you need to order is a good thing. You tend to end up with a lot of junk and a lot of wasted money if you go in blind.

I was 30 a day for 25 yrs so the strength of liquid I found suited me was 18mg. Dont confuse the mg content with your ciggy strength as that only measures the tar level. In ejuice there is no tar, so it is the nicotine level that the mg relates to.

Theres many arguments for and against ecigs. But I think as a long term smoker, and the small health issues that were starting to raise there head, this is a much much better alternative. The conventional methods of giving up, dont address the hand to mouth habit, which you will find harder to get rid of than the actual nicotine addiction. Thats why they are so successful at keeping you off the cigs. And the option is there to wind down the nic as you progress too.
The first 3 months your body detoxes from all the chemicals youve been sucking in so expect a few wild dreams and a dry throat over that time. Keep a small bottle of water at hand and youll be dandy.....

Hopes this helps and if you want more info, only too pleased to help.... :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Postby FireKitty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:02 pm

watoom wrote:A good beginner set up if you do not wish to spend as much as the Provari is the following:

The setup including 5 replacement coils will cost roughly $50-60 not including juice. I would recommend getting a couple of batteries (Vision Spinner) so that you have one that can be used while other is charging.

I also second The Stig with regards to healthcabin.com, have bought a lot from them and never had an issue with customs.

Vision spinner:
http://www.vapebar.com.au/vision-ego-spinner/

Protank 2 or 3:
http://www.vapebar.com.au/protank-3-by-kanger/

Protank replacement coils:
http://www.vapebar.com.au/kanger-protan ... ent-coils/
*Remember to order the correct replacement coils*
ProTank 2 Replacement Coils are compatible and able to be used in the ProTank 3
ProTank 3 Replacement Coils (Dual Coils) are compatible and able to be used in the ProTank 3

Is this a worthwhile kit watoom?

http://www.vapebar.com.au/vapebar-ultimate-starter-kit/

As I'm not a smoker, not sure what I'm going for here - ProVape looks good but a little too expensive at this stage... Will this take the nicotine imported from the USA?
FireKitty

equipment: Ultra Pure reflux still with 30L boiler

Postby The Stig » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:57 pm

Guys, dont get hung up on the vapebar thing, I only recommended them as they are the only aussie seller of the Provari.
If you looking at other kit there are plenty of other stores to buy from, compare prices etc.
http://vapeking.com.au , they have some great prices on tanks (Im not a fan of the clearomiser/stardust tanks) and heaps of other stuff including juice (flavours) and friendly service. Based somewhere in SA
http://juicewhore.com.au , possibly the best aussie juice (flavour) store around, also has some hardware. Service second to none. Based in Blue Mountains.
http://www.vapingmad.com.au/shop/ , mostly "beginner" hardware, I have never tried them.
The above are but just a few.
I have never had any problems getting batterys in the post, both from China and Sydney.
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby haze » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:56 pm

i was inspired as well. I did some research and ended up buying a vapour zeus and ill see how it goes.

This bloke gets overly excited by it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYPDpi5vf24

Theres probably cheaper options but i liked the form factor. Hope it gets through customs because it looks a little too much like a cigar and thats a no no.

big ups for inspiration.
haze

equipment: 3" boka SS, 50lt keg, copper scrubbers,insulated column, 1/4" takeoff, 2 x 2200w elements with heat controller

Postby bt1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:21 am

hello all,

I was 30 a day for 25 yrs so the strength of liquid I found suited me was 18mg. Dont confuse the mg content with your ciggy strength as that only measures the tar level. In ejuice there is no tar, so it is the nicotine level that the mg relates to.

Dyno thanks for a indication on level...its hard to guess first off.

I for one would appreciate a write up on mixing as I have no idea yet, ordered the 115ml pure unflavoured base HC brand mixed PG and VG juice. A bit of a pointer on flavours would be great for any current user..kinda like essences really...

I think anything that assists will be more than appreciated.

cheers
bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby Dyno » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:41 am

@ bt1....no worries mate....ill throw some thing up tonight in regards to mixing etc.
Dyno

Postby SX170 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:33 pm

Well I bit the bullet and bought a kit in Canberra last Friday.
I took the advice of Stig & The Doc and went with the "ego" style. 2 in a set with charger. The bloke gave me 3 essences, Vanilla, Strawberry & "tobacco" flavours. $55 all up so not bad I guess.
He said you cant buy nicotine off him but advised me to use the net.
I have been using it all weekend and its pretty good. Probably cut about 30 - 40 cigs out of my weekend. (still had a few though)
A mate is bringing in some nicotine "winfield" flavoured juice for me to try tomorrow so I will give that a crack.
I am pretty confident this thing will help me kick the smokes.
The best part was when I got home Friday night and told the missus I got her a present from the adult toy shops in Fyshick.
The look of dissapointment on her face when she opened the box was bloody priceless :laughing-rolling:
Stig, I would like to know more about mixing my own juice if you have some info.

Cheers.
SX170

equipment: Home built bubbler.

Postby The Stig » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:43 pm

SX170 wrote:
Stig, I would like to know more about mixing my own juice if you have some info.

Cheers.

Theres an app for that :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: honestly there is, look it up.
I buy 100mg PG nic, I mix that down to 50mg using PG from the chemist.
I will then mix ready to vape using 15ml PG based flavour, 7.5ml VG from supermarket and 7.5ml of the nic mix.
This gives me 30ml of juice at a vaping strength of about 12.5mg
Problem is, you could ask 10 people how they mix and get 10 different answers, the above is what works for me, the wife and my 74 year old Dad :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby The Stig » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:06 pm

This is my ProVari family :laughing-rolling:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby bt1 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:54 am

hello all,

I'm off and running kit & juice arrived last night. 18mg has a fair kick bout about right for a ex 30 per day long termer...thanks for advice.

Stig, got any product brands details for the chemist and supermarket buys...would certainly cut costs /less hassle if you had it.

cheers
bt1
bt1

Postby The Stig » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:05 am

A pic tells a thousand words, PG on left and VG on right
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Dyno » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:41 am

Another brand off the shelf in Supermarkets for VG is Queens Glycerin...its a bit sweeter than others, totaly food grade safe. A better one is Melrose, from Mrs Flannery Health Stores...its very good quality. All the PG I get is from local webshops. An average mix from an OS vendor containing nicotine is around 70/30 pg/vg. PG will give a harsher throat hit, but a significant increase in flavor whereas VG will give you more clouds of vapour with a softer throat hit and a more muted flavor. I personally buy 100% VG Nic and get all my flavors, which are double strength at 100% PG....I mix it to a 50/50 pg/vg mix ( inclusive of nicotine). As Stig said, there will be a million different answers on mixing, you just have to find out what works for you. Buying PG/VG unflavored nic will probably confuse you, but there are good calculators out there to help www.vapingcobra.com.au has a good easy one for diy, check it out. Im shit useless at mixing my own flavors from scratch, patience is not my strong point, so I tend to buy all doublers ( which is double strength flavor, so you just add yr nic and some vg, total of double what came in the bottle, as your'e watering it down by 50% ).

Vapeking has some decent starter kits, as does Vapebar, Juicewhore so on....the trick is getting used to something larger in yr hand than a ciggy. Stig has the Provari, but has been at it for some time now and it really is something that takes time to adapt too, being the size it is. I too have gear along the same lines but really in the begining its best to use some thing a shade smaller till you decide the upgrade is worth it. The Provaris will set you back upwards of $200 so best to be comfortable with the whole change over. In saying that, the resale is very very good on that device. My day to day weapon is simply a couple of spinner batteries, 1300mah, which is just perfect as Im in an out of my vehicle all day chatting to clients so not too obtrusive. These have a voltage dial on the bottom ( Variable Voltage ) which, in a simple analogy, means at low voltage, its like a winnie blue, and at high voltage, is like a winnie red...it has more applications that are juice specific, but thats a basic way of looking at it.

Anyway, I hope that info is helpful. Ask away if you get too confused. We will leave variable wattage devices for another day.. :)) :))

Dyno

Postby The Stig » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Dyno wrote:vapingcobra

Are these guys down at Nerang ??
Been wanting to go there check em out
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Dyno » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:47 pm

Yeah mate...hes in an Industrial Estate ...cant remember the name, will be on his site..hes a good bloke. likes a chin wag.. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Dyno

Postby FireKitty » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:42 pm

The Stig wrote:Ive been vaping for a couple of years now, I can tell you it's fully legal.
If your thinking of getting into it, do it properly, dont mess around with the "fake" cigs from the tobacco shop.
Get one of these ( http://www.vapebar.com.au/provari-varia ... al-display ) with extension cap, a hand full of 18650 batterys, a tank and tip then go to healthcabin.com for some good nicotine and your on your way.
A good place to get info is http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum.php
If you need any help (I just helped Doc get on his vaping trail) shoot me a pm

Andy wrote: u can import up to 3 month supply from online/outside Australia, but dont quote me on that.

Thats right, but who is to say what a 3 month supply is ? I just got a 1 litre,100mg bottle from USA, this will be cut down to our vaping strength with flavours etc

Hey Stig,

Could you point me to the actual part of the healthcabin.com site where I can buy the nicotine? Not a smoker (or vaper) so not sure which category/item it is...

Thanks mate :) :handgestures-thumbupleft:
FireKitty

Postby FireKitty » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:10 pm

EDIT: NM. Figured it out. :)
FireKitty

Postby Yummyrum » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:33 pm

Maybe OT but similar . I was a nicotine junkie . ( still like the smell ) but what got me off was similar but different .

Mrs got me a little bottle of peppermint oil . This stuff is strong as all shit . Every time I wanted a fag , bang , throw a drop of peppermint oil in the mouth and suck down the fumes . Had a very comforting lung hit . Dulled the taste buds , perfect after a meal .

Did this in conjunction with patches . After 6 weeks the patches were gone .Did the pepperment for 18 months .Have never had a fag since . 9 years ago
Yummyrum

equipment: Did use Still Spirits Reflux
Now use 50l Keg with Pot head for Rum and Neutral stripping runs on gas .
LM/VM head with 1m packed 2" on Still Spirits boiler for Neutrals.

Postby bt1 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:16 am

Thanks Dyno & stig,

got this well underway, fruit and drink based flavours, nicotine bases, mixing...rather enjoy the whole process....like blending spirit batches....

So after 25 years @ 30 min per day...I've had just 4 real ciggies this week and that's the end of the packet...no more....

Easy, no big issues, cravings or wanting...actually it's more "calming" and enjoyable than a ciggie cos it aint killing me at the same rate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Vape on!
bt1
bt1

Postby The Stig » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:38 am

Congrats BT, keep us informed :handgestures-thumbupleft:
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Dyno » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:12 am

What Stig said Bt...good stuff...more money to spend on brews now... :teasing-neener:
Dyno

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit