"E" cigarettes or Vaping.

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: "E" cigarettes or Vaping.

Postby 1 2many » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:19 pm

So what is the average weekly cost difference from smoking to vaping??
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Dyno » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:58 pm

Mine went from $140- 160, depending on big booze sessions to about $10-15 max per week..roughs out to around $2 per day...an ya smell like roses instead of shitty ole ashtrays...lol
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Postby 1 2many » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Dyno wrote:Mine went from $140- 160, depending on big booze sessions to about $10-15 max per week..roughs out to around $2 per day...an ya smell like roses instead of shitty ole ashtrays...lol

Wow there's incentive right there, I gave up the nails 10 months ago and still would like a throat hit a puff just after i crack a can of Vic . there is know way i would get Nicotine based stuff but can you get Nicotine free base .

Every time i see this thread i want to get one but seems as there is a lot of mucking around. :?
1 2many
Lifetime Member

equipment: Portable A.G brewery ,#001 5 STAR blockhead 4" Modular 4 plate SSG with,6"inline thumper, 2.5" 9 tube shotgun, packed section, Boiler 50 ltr inverted keg 4"still mount, 2.4 Kw FSD elements 1"drain.

Postby Dyno » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:39 pm

Yeah...and my Mrs smokes so was a double whammy....Iit is a bit of shagging round till you get used to it..but well worth it...the nic is what gives most of the throat hit..there is a capsicum additive that does substitute it but only very mildly...go over board an its pretty gross..
Dyno

equipment: Home made Pot

Postby The Stig » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:41 pm

Dyno wrote:Yeah...and my Mrs smokes so was a double whammy....Iit is a bit of shagging round till you get used to it..but well worth it...

Same here.
But our weekly vape costs are a lot lower than $10, never really tallied it up.
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby haze » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:21 am

ive spent ~$250 to get setup.

Vaperiser, 500ml Nicotine 100mg, PG and VG, flavours, syringes and bottles and extra cartomisers. Should be enough to last me a year.

Im still waiting for it all to arrive..

I made a noob mistake though hey.. I bought 100% pure nicotine from a chinese website :shock: Then i read it is terribly dangerous.. like one drop on the skin and it could be fatal. Vapours from it are nearly as bad. :scared-eek:

I stayed up till 1am in the morning so i could call during their business hours to cancel. Imagine if the bottle got damaged in transit.. it could have killed someone. Fully legal to import it.

What ive learned... stay away from chinese nicotine cos its unregulated, off tastes, probably synthetically created and do not go above 10% max nicotine mixture (care still needs to be taken when handling)
haze

equipment: 3" boka SS, 50lt keg, copper scrubbers,insulated column, 1/4" takeoff, 2 x 2200w elements with heat controller

Postby The Stig » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:04 am

haze wrote:stay away from chinese nicotine cos its unregulated, off tastes, probably synthetically created

I have a funny feeling that all the nic comes from China one way or another.
Ive tried LOTS of nic vendors (China, USA and UK) and only had one bad experience, I only wish that Box Elder hadnt shut down
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby bt1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:14 am

Hello all,

Could not be happier...

3+ weeks in, 650+ ciggies not smoked, $440 better off and feel good. Still consider myself a smoker just the delivery system has changed.

Oddly and most welcome is a natural decline in the desire to smoke...not huge by any means not even a considered action...just a fact.

Endless thanks to all who raised and posted here...

a happy
bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby SBB » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:26 am

Glad to see its working for you BT, Ive yet to do something about it. Need to get off my arse and order the various bits n pieces needed. One question, how long did you have to wait for the nicotine juice stuff to turn up from OS.
SBB
Lifetime Member

equipment: (The Pelican) a 2 inch pot / stripper on 25L electric boiler interchangable with T500 reflux still...... 2 1/2 inch pot still on 50L keg (gas burner).....
3 inch Boka (half share with Draino),...... 4 inch 4 plate perforated plate Bubbler

Postby The Stig » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:29 am

Good to hear BT, keep it up.
Now go to your doctor and tell him what your doing, he will make a note that you "quit" smoking and in 12 months you will be considered a non smoker.
Oh and yes, your not smoking.
Makes life insurance heaps cheaper
The Stig
Site Nerd

Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby bt1 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:36 am

Just on the nicotine SBB,

Ordered from health cabin @ 36mg pure VG (local supply flavours as 100%PG...nice and simple 50:50) 4 x 115ml unflavoured bottles via DHL cos of local Chinese freight restrictions (see their web site notes) delivered in 5 working days $23.50 no hassles.

http://www.healthcabin.net/

Choose 36mg cos it can be cut many ways simply...see earlier Dyno's post

bt1
bt1

Postby haze » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:41 pm

it took 2.5 weeks to get my nic from US. but its a bad time of year for postal services. I went with Vapingzone 100mg USP grade nicotine.

My journey is going well too. Ive had some setbacks due to buying pre made ejuice that was too low in nic (i got 12mg juices) but now ive got a bottle of my own nic im making my own to 22mg and its satisfying me. Thats been suprising for me.. vaping has been satisfying. Im not totally off the smokes but i see no problems getting there.

Love the vapour zeus i bought, lasts me more than a day on battery and juice. Build quality is excellent, only gripe is that its hard to quickly try out new flavours without wasting what they call a "smileomizer".

This kit has been very handy for making ejuice
http://www.vapebar.com.au/products/eJui ... r-Kit.html

Im currently vaping Wizards Brew from that site. Have also tried fuzzy nuts (meh..) and RY4 (My current fav). RY4 was much better than all the tobacco flavours ive had. Tobacco flavours were good for the first week but I kind of got the feeling that smoking tastes like shit so why try replicate it
haze

equipment: 3" boka SS, 50lt keg, copper scrubbers,insulated column, 1/4" takeoff, 2 x 2200w elements with heat controller

Postby Sam. » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:16 pm

Man I need to buy shares in this shit, in another 10 years thats all people will be doing is vaping, no more smokes.

Then you will have to vape a metre back from the bar :laughing-rolling:
Sam.
Lifetime Member

equipment: Original FSD 5 plate 4 inch modular bubbler SSG with hand crafted plates and parrot by Mac.
18 Gal boiler.
2 x 2400W elements and power controller.

Postby haze » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:31 am

How are you guys going with the vaping ?

Its been a revelation for me. took 3 weeks to completely stop smoking but it was no effort.. just saw the vaporiser as more attractive option. I still have half a pack smokes sitting in the freezer i dont think ill ever use. Just bought kits for my friend and sister and would reccomend it to anyone.

Vapor zeus is annoying me or i may just have the bug where other vaporisers look more attractive. Im thinking of getting innokin vtr atm.

What flavours do you guys vape everyday? im interested in trying things

oh that reminds me. check this out
https://fivepawns.com/shop/castle-long-reserve/

Yep.. matured in a oak barrel
haze

Postby MacStill » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:03 am

sam_and_liv wrote:Man I need to buy shares in this shit, in another 10 years thats all people will be doing is vaping, no more smokes.

Then you will have to vape a metre back from the bar :laughing-rolling:

I reckon you just nailed it perfectly.

unfortunately the world today finds it offensive to fart, but there's no drama ignoring everyone at a party to post selfies on bitchbook 8-}
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby Bushy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 am

MacStill wrote:
unfortunately the world today finds it offensive to fart, but there's no drama ignoring everyone at a party to post selfies on bitchbook 8-}

:clap:
Spot on for a midnight post
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby NotBenStiller » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Just a quick note for those who order units that use the 18650 batteries.
These batteries are a bit more sensitive to abuse than your regular alkalines or Nicad/NiMH rechargeables.
There is a greater chance they can go pop and burn your house down than other types if they are damaged, accidentally short circuited or incorrectly charged.

Only buy ones with a protection circuit. And don't leave them unattended while charging. If they get dropped to much and dented do not use them. (dealextreme sells packs of protected 18650 for a good price)

Treat them well and only use the protected ones and they are great batteries. I use them all the time for my torch/flashlight habit.
(these are my go to brand http://dx.com/p/trustfire-protected-186 ... pack-20392)
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby MtnMoonshiner » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:28 am

They're all the rage here in the United States. Quite a few guys i work with vape in the office and what not. Most of them have laid down the cigs as well. I also seem to remember one of them telling me it's much cheaper than actual cigarettes too.

I personally don't smoke, but I can tell you from a non smokers standpoint, I'd much rather be bombarded with pineapple scented water vapor, than cigarette smoke. And for that matter, the vapor has got to be far healthier for you than smoke.
MtnMoonshiner

equipment: 50 gallon (roughly 190L) copper pot still, with a 10 gallon (roughly 38L) thump keg, as well as a 20 gallon still with 5 gallon(roughly 19L) thump keg for small specialized runs, and experimentation.

"E" cigarettes or Vaping.

Postby hightreazon » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:05 pm

For anyone who is interested and hasn't found it yet. Search for the Aussie vapers forum, the non .com.au one is more populated. Everything you want to know.
Been on them for around 2 years and loving it. But the juice from overseas and it's around $80 for a YEAR of vaping :) get your taste and smell back too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
hightreazon

equipment: nothing yet

Postby bt1 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:37 pm

Straight up,

2760+ ciggies not smoked since mid Nov...used a shit load of hardware tried more tanks etc than a normal person would but I'm a tech head so it comes natural to me...rebuilding coils, mods, custom bits, new tanks etc etc

Saved shit loads....like shit loads $1800 min (that's before Jan'14 price rise btw)

Feel frisky ... bloody surprise and welcomed :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Get off those bastard ciggies if I can do it anyone can (35 year habit)

bt1
bt1

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit