"E" cigarettes or Vaping.

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: "E" cigarettes or Vaping.

Postby haze » Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:08 am

BT1 if you have a second can you tell us what equipment you settled on ? In interested in getting into rebuildables once i choose a mod. theres too much choice out there and it would be good to have a reccomendation
haze

equipment: 3" boka SS, 50lt keg, copper scrubbers,insulated column, 1/4" takeoff, 2 x 2200w elements with heat controller

Postby bt1 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Howdy,

This vaping game is highly personal. In respect to design, what appeals, what works so I'm kinda reluctant in some ways to answer the question you raised Haze.

I don't want to put off ppl from their choice, ie a tradey may need a different hardware unit to my needs... it may need to be robust, dependable etc but may not care how often they change or top up tanks as an example.

I can say after many tanks coils etc I've settled on EGO-C batteries and Kanger Pro tank3 for the following reasons:
2.8ml capacity does me for near enough a whole day
it's pyrex so acidic e-liquids (cola in this case) won't break/dissolve the tank
It's slim and looks good ,can use in office without casing alarm or concern
Batteries last over a day (1000 type)

I guess what I'm saying is it suits my needs. That won't be the same for all. A VTR would be impractical for mine as would a solid SS Boge...love the look but hey .3kg in a business shirt pocket ain't gonna work.
I love Juice Whore for liquids good balance between great taste and price in pure PG format.. The vanilla-Snowflake and Cola being standouts. I don't like joytech e-liquids as flavour seems secondary. I've paid $30 per 30ml for premium vendors but it's not that much better for mine

Use a vanilla (softer) am a cola pm(harder throat hit) and post dinner a bourbon cola mix - double benefit here no drinkies needed Mon - Fri!

Can say a good dig through the vaping forums will soon let you know what's good or bad
Best for mine a EGO-c starter kit, work out what you like or don't like in first week...then with some understanding start tailoring to your longer term needs

btw don't get hung up on technicals ...there's plenty of help to assist you just gotta ask

bt1
bt1

equipment: 2 x Glass Bubblers, 5 plate 89mm & 6 plate 110mm
4" 6 plate copper bubbler, 500mm copper packed section
Several pots, custom boiler
14 keg rotating brew setup, fermentation & dispenser fridges.

Postby haze » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:10 am

Thank you BT1. I appreciate that everyone needs and likes different stuff. I have decided to concentrate my search on a small indestructable mechanical mod. VTR would be indestructable but it weighs half a kilogram so ill be looking elsewhere.

Juicewhore being aussie ill definently try them next order! I tried a cola from another place that was no good so keen to try theirs.

I was enjoyinh one flavour for ages (vapebar ry4) but this week i lost my sense of taste for a couple days. just getting it back today. Apparently its common, called vape tongue hah. i gotta use different flavours more often.

Ill check out the kangers. thanks for sharing your experiences
haze

equipment: 3" boka SS, 50lt keg, copper scrubbers,insulated column, 1/4" takeoff, 2 x 2200w elements with heat controller

Postby Urrazeb » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:31 am

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby MacStill » Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:48 pm

OK got all my shit together & have a bunch of vaping gear to get me going, see how we go x_x
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby NotBenStiller » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:24 am

MacStill wrote:OK got all my shit together & have a bunch of vaping gear to get me going, see how we go x_x

Good luck Mac.
Kick that smoking shit :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I reckon vaping is to commercial cigarettes the same as our hobby is to commercial booze.

Once in a while i think it would be cool to still be a smoker so i could get in on the vaping :)) i reckon it can help get a lot of people off yet another gubbmint gravy train
NotBenStiller

equipment: 3" DR bok....

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:11 am

NotBenStiller wrote:I reckon vaping is to commercial cigarettes the same as our hobby is to commercial booze.

Summed it up for me :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

Postby MacStill » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:56 pm

What Couldn't be cool about SteamGunk Snickerdoodle :banana-stoner:

:laughing-rolling:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby Magoo » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:47 pm

All power to everyone trying to give up the darts. I too have been a smoker for the past 20 years after relapsing after a 7 year break from a 5 year head start, so 25 years in all, more than half my life. They were $2.25 a pack when I started, how things have changed. Just wish back then with what I know now if I had the constitution to have remained abstinent. I have tried many times before going the cold turkey, hence the extended stint on the durries. But for the moment now I have been 5 days free of cigarettes/rollies and have been using the nicotine spray. Don't know if it helps or if I just have a stronger resolve to give up properly this time, but if it's in the mind taking a dose is helping with the cravings. Still have the rancid taste of ciggy mouth in the mornings but that's getting less and less, even after 5 days. Thought about the e'cigs/vapes but just didn't want to replace one habit with another, just wanted to get off nicotine altogether as it has it's own health, and pocket, implications. Reckon I already give enough money to the government, this hobby is one way around that, giving up the smokes will be another, just gotta work on a way around the fuel situation perhaps. Three for three would be nice.

It's one of the hardest things any one can give up and they say the addiction to nicotine is harder than heroin to kick.

BS'd for long enough.... Best of luck and do whatever works for you, different strokes for different blokes. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Magoo

equipment: Air still

Postby Bushy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:40 am

Well i'm in :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Been on these for a month and lovin it. Was off the durries for a few weeks then a couple started to get in under the radar so I went and bought a starter kit and a couple of bottles. Have since made a few wiser purchases and am very confident of kickin smokes.
This thread helped. So, cheers :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby Urrazeb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:45 pm

Good stuff Bushy. I bought some good nic from the US and have bulk VG/PG and only need to buy the concentrated flavour now :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Be careful with the nic you buy.. it can be chalk and cheese when purchasing from China.. some real filthy stuff comes from there.

Try the apple pie from juice whore.. it's a staple in my vision spinner.

My mate has a pro vari and these things are like the Ferrari of vaping or the FSD of vaping should I say
Urrazeb

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:56 pm

I've been "vaping" for nearly 3 years and have not felt like a smoke since I stopped. I have a Provari with a 7ml tank and my favourite flavour (and I have tasted many) is Banana Pudding. I get my supplies from a mate in Texas with the nicotine pre-mixed at 8mg. Happy to pass on his details if anyone wants to order. His web address is;
https://vapeloungellc.com

Vape on!!
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

equipment: To be updated

Postby woodduck » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Hi guys
I've been smoking going on 20 years now and haven't been able to stop for more than a week I've tryed all the usual ways to quit even payed 500 bucks for a seminar that did jack shit I bought cigarettes on the way home great waste of coin. I've been thinking of using these e ciggies for a while now and after reading this thead and hearing all these success stories I'm really keen now. The only prob I'm having is which one do I get? There are so many to chose from. It can be hard to get a good idea of size how to refill charge etc over the net.is there somewhere you can go to check them out it seems there all overseas. Or maybe some of you might have a suggestion of a good starter pack. I'm keen on something that looks/feels like a cigarette not hard to use, easy to refill and will last a day cause I work outdoors with no power to recharge. Any suggestions would be great.
Cheers
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:27 pm

woodduck wrote:Hi guys
I've been smoking going on 20 years now and haven't been able to stop for more than a week I've tryed all the usual ways to quit even payed 500 bucks for a seminar that did jack shit I bought cigarettes on the way home great waste of coin. I've been thinking of using these e ciggies for a while now and after reading this thead and hearing all these success stories I'm really keen now. The only prob I'm having is which one do I get? There are so many to chose from. It can be hard to get a good idea of size how to refill charge etc over the net.is there somewhere you can go to check them out it seems there all overseas. Or maybe some of you might have a suggestion of a good starter pack. I'm keen on something that looks/feels like a cigarette not hard to use, easy to refill and will last a day cause I work outdoors with no power to recharge. Any suggestions would be great.
Cheers

I can only give you my experience but as someone else said in this thread, vaping is a personal thing! My recommendation is to go a Provari with about 4 batteries and charger. Nothing worse when your battery goes flat and you don't have a spare one in your pocket. I find a get a good half day out of one battery but again, it's how much you use it. With a 7ml tank on a Provari, it will last you all day. One the best things with the Provari is you can alter the voltage which is good to get the right amount of "vape" for you. Lastly, get used to it via puffing it slowly, don't draw like a normal smoke or it will be a horrible start. Happy to help more if you need?
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

Postby woodduck » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:37 pm

Thanks whiskey
Are they the type you refill with this liquid nicotine from overseas? Where would you suggest is the best place to buy all this stuff.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4 plate 6" copper bubbler, 6 plate 4" glass bubbler with 500mm packed section three way thumper sitting on a 50 ltr keg boiler with 6000watts, 2" pot still and a 2" boka.

Postby Whiskyaugogo » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:49 pm

woodduck wrote:Thanks whiskey
Are they the type you refill with this liquid nicotine from overseas? Where would you suggest is the best place to buy all this stuff.

Yes mate, they are. Have a look at the link I posted above. This is where I get the juice from but they can help you get setup. You will need;

1 x Provari
1 x large tank
24 x XML drilled cartomizers (these sit in the fluid and are home to the heating coil). You need roughly one per week.
8 x 30ml flavoured juice. (If you smoke 25 a day, start with 16mg)
4 x batteries to suit
1 x charger

It will cost you a little to get setup but it is well worth it!
Whiskyaugogo
Site Donor

Postby Bushy » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:10 pm

Which leads to the what suits who dillemna. The Provari is the best but they are a bit of a handful. I like to have a few ego batteries and mini protanks cause they fit in the pen pocket of me overalls. And if you get a few tanks you can swap out flavour ezy :handgestures-thumbupleft:
A mate of mine uses V2 cigs and they are quite a bit like a durry. Coffee ones are fkn delish
Bushy

equipment: 50l keg boiler with 5Star 3600 watt element
4 inch plated column. 4 perf plates.
Lava Rock Behemoth

Postby Urrazeb » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:08 pm

I use a vision spinner with mt-bcc cartomozer or evod bcc cartomozer, these are a great variable voltage starter vape. My nic I get from the us.

Juice is trial and error, some are great some are horrible. Personal preference really.

I would start with at least two 1600ma vision spinner II batts, joytech charger, 500ml 100mg nic, 3 or 4 flavours, some small dripper bottles from ebay, 2 x syringes (20ml & 5ml) a mt-bcc cartomizer, two dozen 2.2 ohm coils.

The 1600ma batts last me about a day and a half and I vape 16mg :handgestures-thumbupleft: mix all my own juice.

There are a few aussie vape fourms around but it is really personal preference. Learn the lingo first and then jump in. If you like I can get the gear for you (except nic as it's illegal to supply or sell but legal to import :shifty: ) and can send ya what I believe should be in a starter pack. My mate is placing a large order for a bunch of us soon so let me know :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

Postby MacStill » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 pm

I have about $800 to $1000 of vaping shit here that's had little use, it's fucked and I hate the shit as all it does is make me crook :puke-huge:

I'm not left with many options, and running out of excuses..... :roll:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

Postby woodduck » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:03 pm

Thanks guys it's all good advice. I think I need to let it all sink in I've got vape on the brain at the minute there's so much stuff out there. The provari looks great but might be a bit big and heavy, the zues looks great and I love the idea of auto puff I think that would be great but once again quite big. Thanks heeps for your ofer to get me some stuff urrazeb I might take you up on that I had a quick look at those spinners but they didn't really say a size how big are they they look a bit smaller like they would fit into a pocket better.
woodduck
Lifetime Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit