I HATE MY JOB!

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

I HATE MY JOB!

Postby Apple-O-Me-Eye » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:20 pm

I HATE MY JOB! I HATE MY JOB! I HATE MY JOB! I HATE MY JOB! I HATE MY JOB! I HATE MY JOB! I HATE MY JOB! I HATE MY JOB! I HATE MY JOB!

Been a while since I posted on the forum and I know I should be thankful that I have a job in this climate but I hate working for a major liquor store chain. In the past 2 months I've been transferred twice; once to our "Super Premium" (and I say that loosely) wine store in Brisbane City as a trouble shooter as the store was down in sales. What I found was a manager who had completely given up; none of the stock matched the planograms, the stocktake I did on my first week was down by over $1600 (and that was only the red wine section), the store hadn't been cleaned properly since 2009... I know this because I swept under the shelving and found specials tickets that expired in 2009. Also I've been threatened by a customer that I chased out of the store. I carded the prick, he called me a (expletive), I told him never to come back, he threatened me... so I grabbed the closest bottle and rushed around the counter.

Fucker ran like hell!

The manager was transferred due to poor performance (no doubt only to fuck up another store) after some complaints to the area manager.

I did get to take a working holiday for three weeks shooting a film in Brisbane and the Gold Coast so that was a bonus, but the day before i got back from leave i was called by the new manager to tell me that I've been transferred again, this time to West End. for the past 2 weeks I've been spending my days selling port and goon sacks to the homeless and disheveled and trying not to let poor trash steal homebrand vodka.

I should have listened to my TV production lecturer at uni and done a double degree. minimum wage sucks a big one.
Apple-O-Me-Eye

equipment: I run a pot still with liebeg condenser, 90deg line arm on a gas poweredkeg boiler

Re: I HATE MY JOB!

Postby Andy » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:31 pm

yeah man it sucks. im still studying- so im night manager at a retail store and i can say i feel ur pain.
hope u make a successful plan of attack to find something that is more tolerable
Andy

equipment: Copper Potstill on a 50L keg boiler with a 2200w element.
Doesn't get more simple then that

Postby BIG D » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:33 pm

:laughing-rolling: sorry but that is some funny shit
BIG D

equipment: 50l keg 2400w element , fsd neutralizer 5 plate packed section, Big arse 8"fsd Mc thumper and various other stuff

Postby Zak Griffin » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:10 pm

Well I fuckin' love my job... $1200+ a week, awesome boss, and I love the work.
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Apple-O-Me-Eye » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:35 pm

Andy wrote:yeah man it sucks. im still studying- so im night manager at a retail store and i can say i feel ur pain.
hope u make a successful plan of attack to find something that is more tolerable

Yeah, I wanna go back to uni next year but I don't think I can afford to with child support payments etc
Apple-O-Me-Eye

equipment: I run a pot still with liebeg condenser, 90deg line arm on a gas poweredkeg boiler

Postby kelbygreen » Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:42 pm

I dont mind my work but hate the traveling and organization lol can do between 200-1000km a week in my own car and use my own fuel. Have to supply all my own tools and maintain them, dont get paid any overtime if I do any. But least I take home $950 well less fuel, car and tool maintenance. But its better then being homeless and with no job I guess
kelbygreen

equipment: 3" pot

Postby MacStill » Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:00 pm

Zak Griffin wrote:Well I fuckin' love my job... awesome boss

:text-+1:

:text-lol:
MacStill
Lifetime Member

equipment: Anything I choose :P

Postby whiskeyshiner » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:44 pm

Im extremely well paid for what i do but i sacrifice time with my family to get that cash with FIFO so if its not making ya happy or its not part of ya get ahead plan apple then do what makes ya happy mate you only get one life :handgestures-thumbupleft:
whiskeyshiner

equipment: 4” bubbler on 100l boiler

Postby dogbreath vodka » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:24 am

Quit my job a couple of weeks ago to start on my own... so can't complain about the boss anymore. :D

Just need some work now..... steady, steady. :smile: :smile:

Though it leaves very little time for stillin' :handgestures-thumbdown:

DBV
dogbreath vodka

equipment: "Steampunk 2 - 6" Bubble cap
"Jimmy" the 4" Carter head

Postby Urrazeb » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:02 pm

whiskeyshiner wrote:if its not making ya happy or its not part of ya get ahead plan apple then do what makes ya happy mate you only get one life :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Agree totally WS. If your not roughing it for the bigger picture then stuff em, go and do something that will make you happy and give more of a reward.

I used to be a chef, loved it.. family time meant this couldn't happen anymore, too many late nights and weekends. My current job is not exactly what I would call enjoyable (compared to cooking) but I do it because of where I want my family to be eventually, even though I am earning considerably less and my wife works the weekends :handgestures-thumbdown:

Hope there is some green grass around the corner for ya mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:
Urrazeb

equipment: Column & pot

Postby Zak Griffin » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:59 pm

DBV, a 40L run with SP2 would only take an hour or so, wouldn't it? :handgestures-thumbupleft: :teasing-tease:
Zak Griffin
Lifetime Member

equipment: "The Heart of Gold" - 4" Bubbler - finally bubbling!
"Zaphod" - 3" Pot - retired
"Agrajag" - 6" Bubbler - midlife crisis build?

Postby Apple-O-Me-Eye » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Urrazeb wrote:
whiskeyshiner wrote:if its not making ya happy or its not part of ya get ahead plan apple then do what makes ya happy mate you only get one life :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Agree totally WS. If your not roughing it for the bigger picture then stuff em, go and do something that will make you happy and give more of a reward.

I used to be a chef, loved it.. family time meant this couldn't happen anymore, too many late nights and weekends. My current job is not exactly what I would call enjoyable (compared to cooking) but I do it because of where I want my family to be eventually, even though I am earning considerably less and my wife works the weekends :handgestures-thumbdown:

Hope there is some green grass around the corner for ya mate :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I agree with both of you, however I still need to pay the expenses which are mounting up. The problem with being an actor is that I'm great at pretending, but I have no real skills apart from customer service (obviously I don't put on my CV "Chased a fucker out of the store while brandishing an absinthe bottle"), mixing drinks and waiting tables (my favourite thing to do when bringing out the bill to an arsehole customer was to say "You're ac**t sir", while smiling and looking them in the eye. They always figure you said "Your account, Sir?" and miss heard but I'm sure it keeps them wondering for days.), and unpacking shipping containers.

I've just started writing a new project so hopefully this might lead somewhere.
Apple-O-Me-Eye

Postby kiwikeg » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:42 pm

Yeah buddy, if you can't face going to work find something else, some of my most enjoyable times in my life was when I was doing the lowest paid shitty jobs, I didn't need to think or invest any mental energy at work.
But going by what you posted your obviously the bosses goto fixit guy so your probily valued by by the bosses in ways you don't know.
I asked my current boss a while ago why my crew always drew the shittiest jobs and sites or were always having to fix another crews botched sites.
I thought it was because we were a bunch of troublemakers but he said its because we were the best crew he had and once he had palmed a sick looking project on to us that it would get finished and his problem site would be gone.....
I suspect you maybe in similar situation-ask for some feedback on your performance, you might be surprise at how much your valued.
Even If you cant get more money you maybe able to get the boss to pay for some training courses if he can see that the course is of value to the company......
My two cents anyway
kiwikeg

equipment: Fsd bubbler

Postby Smbjk » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:22 am

kiwikeg wrote:Yeah buddy, if you can't face going to work find something else, some of my most enjoyable times in my life was when I was doing the lowest paid shitty jobs, I didn't need to think or invest any mental energy at work.
But going by what you posted your obviously the bosses goto fixit guy so your probily valued by by the bosses in ways you don't know.
I asked my current boss a while ago why my crew always drew the shittiest jobs and sites or were always having to fix another crews botched sites.
I thought it was because we were a bunch of troublemakers but he said its because we were the best crew he had and once he had palmed a sick looking project on to us that it would get finished and his problem site would be gone.....
I suspect you maybe in similar situation-ask for some feedback on your performance, you might be surprise at how much your valued.
Even If you cant get more money you maybe able to get the boss to pay for some training courses if he can see that the course is of value to the company......
My two cents anyway

:text-+1: a little positive reinforcement can go along way
Smbjk

equipment: 50lt keg boiler with 2"boka
3" bubbler with 4 perf plates
All grain brewery ( Small Scale ) Keg Fridge
50lt keg boiler 2x2400w elements
Control box
Building fund is depleted

Postby Kimbo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:33 pm

I hate my job too..... I'm sick of being an electrician!
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

equipment: 4" bubbler with a 6"inline thumper

Postby Kimbo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:41 pm

Kimbo wrote:I hate my job too..... I'm sick of being an electrician!

seriously, the Architect did their defects walk thru on the project I just built..... one of the things she picked as a defect was the dry leaves in the garden.
I'ts fuckin autumn FFS :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

Postby bayshine » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:06 am

Kimbo wrote:
Kimbo wrote:I hate my job too..... I'm sick of being an electrician!

seriously, the Architect did their defects walk thru on the project I just built..... one of the things she picked as a defect was the dry leaves in the garden.
I'ts fuckin autumn FFS :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

yep.... their good at picking out the obvious lol :))
bayshine

equipment: FSD 6 inch 5 plater block head On a FSD 100lt pro boiler
3” copper reducer bokka on a keg boiler

Postby mymumsaidimcool » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:02 am

the saftey books dont account for real life events. can't blame her for being a sheep. she probably walked around with the book looking at the index to see if its an issue.
mymumsaidimcool

equipment: FSD pot still + 1 sight glass & bubble plate (more to come) 50l Keg boiler

Postby Kimbo » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:21 am

mymumsaidimcool wrote:the saftey books dont account for real life events. can't blame her for being a sheep. she probably walked around with the book looking at the index to see if its an issue.

Damn right... no fuckin book will account for the back of my hand :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Kimbo
Lifetime Member

Postby mymumsaidimcool » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:10 pm

Kimbo wrote:
mymumsaidimcool wrote:the saftey books dont account for real life events. can't blame her for being a sheep. she probably walked around with the book looking at the index to see if its an issue.

Damn right... no fuckin book will account for the back of my hand :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

as long as you have a saftey vest and boots on :laughing-rolling: :teasing-tease:
mymumsaidimcool

equipment: FSD pot still + 1 sight glass & bubble plate (more to come) 50l Keg boiler

Next

Return to The Dunder Pit