What's everyone drinking?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: What's everyone drinking?

Postby bluc » Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:31 pm

Why not????? Slacker :teasing-neener: :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Wellsy » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:04 pm

Because I was saving some for tonight.
Sitting on the front verandah watching the snails whizz by, it is a tough life but someone has to do it
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Wellsy » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:19 pm

Happy Friday guys
Sipping on a couple of traditional draughts as a warm up exercise for the BWKO later tonight
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby BigRig » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:37 pm

Just touched down in Tokyo. Will be sipping something local very shortly.
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby The Stig » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:08 pm

Lucky you , have fun and keep us informed .
We were actually thinking about going next year
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby Wellsy » Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:24 pm

Sipping on a nice citrusy New England ipa. What else should you be doing on a lazy Sunday afternoon
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:06 pm

Started out with the last 4 boags and since had my last 2 lagers, now I got a hint of gettin my 3 axis router going again after 10 years and spent $250 on a CMM2 ( a board from the 80's that uses the same chip as your phone) so tomorrow going to hook it up to that cnc router made over a decade ago and use a (pin 8 Dout) in basic then use some PWM to move the stepper motor then the can of worms open :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby hjubm2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:45 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:Started out with the last 4 boags and since had my last 2 lagers, now I got a hint of gettin my 3 axis router going again after 10 years and spent $250 on a CMM2 ( a board from the 80's that uses the same chip as your phone) so tomorrow going to hook it up to that cnc router made over a decade ago and use a (pin 8 Dout) in basic then use some PWM to move the stepper motor then the can of worms open :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

After you get yours working can you come finish mine for me :laughing-rolling: decided to pull it apart to rewire it & thats as far as it's gotten...
hjubm2

equipment: 130L Jacketed Boiler w 4" Pot Still, 4" Glass Bubbler

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:21 pm

hjubm2 wrote:
After you get yours working can you come finish mine for me :laughing-rolling: decided to pull it apart to rewire it & thats as far as it's gotten...

Well working night shift does play havoc with my tummy bones :laughing-rolling: afterall only endup with 2 days a week to have a decent drink, so yesterday with only 4 hours of sleep got down 8 cans of Coopers Lager cause lager :obscene-drinkingdrunk: and a couple of long necks of my real ale homebrew, by 10 pm I was toast so slept in to lunchtime today :happy-partydance: just to get me back to normality :scared-eek: and with a trip down to the bottlo found they had 5 for $25 Coopers longnecks :handgestures-thumbupleft: So beer on ice instead of trundling up to the shed to get a beer out of my shed fridge which i use as a dump load on my shed array :laughing-rolling:

That CRO turned up this week, also the 2 probes I ordered from Farnell and got as far as tuning in the probes as last week I spent new years and only 4 Coopers Lagers trying to get these steppers to move but only saw 3.8 volts on the puse pin where it does need atleast 5 volts. So as it can take upto 24 volts I do need to make an isolated input board and use 15 volts as the pullup voltage on the pins. Now as my program will be pulling the pins to ground I do need an isolated input board.

But eh mate if you want to come down for a couple hours in the morning I can show you first hand what I'm trying to do and eh i can decanter a bottle of my Barely/Rye mash so you can use it as a base for the stuff you make :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Now my lager beer brew is getting down to a bubble every 6 seconds so it is close to finished so I'll see next weekend how it's going but I'm not opening the lid of the fermenter again as those local infection bugs are just waiting for a feed and I'm sick of clearing that white junk they leave as they are having a party :angry-banghead:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:38 pm

Well I can say for the first time this year YES I run out beer :angry-banghead:

Now my dram of my barely/rye on ice ain't going to last very long :obscene-drinkingchug:

I mean what better drop to ponder that council meeting next week to get the ball rolling :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Now off to youtube land until 1am then back to my room at 2pm tomorrow and this time I'm taking the bottle :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Previous

Return to The Dunder Pit