What's everyone drinking?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: What's everyone drinking?

Postby Wellsy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:12 pm

I Heard joints were for smoking, not injuring
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby Wellsy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:12 pm

I Heard joints were for smoking, not injuring
Wellsy

equipment: FSD 4” Modular Pot Still plus 4 FSD Bubble plates on FSD 50 ltr Milk Can Boiler + 2 x 2400W FSD Element and Guard Kits

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:20 pm

Wellsy wrote:I Heard joints were for smoking, not injuring

Why am I imagining Wellsy's shoulder joint on the bbq :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Nathan02 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:20 pm

RuddyCrazy wrote:

Why am I imagining Wellsy's shoulder joint on the bbq :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Duno Bryan, I thought he was dreaming of the devils lettuce
Nathan02

equipment: 6" 4 plate bubbler with optional packed section.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:39 pm

Nathan02 wrote:
RuddyCrazy wrote:

Duno Bryan, I thought he was dreaming of the devils lettuce

Well I do think it's time we leave the Wellsy alone and just put into the basket case box :laughing-rolling:

After my first week at work it's been a good one and this morning got to meet the butcher where he cut me a roast up and we had a chat about ribeye fillet so I can make a carpet bag :music-deathmetal: he did say he gets the best and no fillet tails :laughing-rolling: so now just need to sort some fresh oysters and next weekend the carpet bag will happen :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Also got to meet the guy at the local bottleshop who I hadn't seen in over a month where he told me he found a rye grower up at pinaroo :handgestures-thumbupleft: I heard yesterday when I got my slab of 150 lash's my mate was getting a red healer puppy so I talked him into buying a large dogbed that SWMBO makes :laughing-rolling:

Well got my jobbies done this morning so the yard arm has arrived :O) and later time to decanter the last of my licorice root vodka that been sitting in a bottle for over 5 years and put down a new batch to run next weekend. While Wellsy reckons his taste buds leaves for a week :laughing-rolling: I just love this drop and I'm tempted to put the bottle in the freezer along with my bottle of neutral :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Wellsy » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:47 pm

I will be revisiting my licorice vodka tomorrow, giving it and my taste buds a chance to settle. I have had a couple of sips and the licorice seems to be getting stronger by the day.

Once I have my self organised I will putting down another couple of litres of this now that I got the vodka sorted today.

Swmbo wants another batch of ODINs put down as well. Housework never seems to be done :laughing-rolling:
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:29 pm

Well honestly today on the hour and half drive home from work I could already taste the 150 lash's :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease: :teasing-tease: Got home and put the required 17 in my Stil esky that has lasted the ages one on my bench and 4 in the fridge. Noticed with the clock just over an hour and 7 down :obscene-drinkingdrunk: along with having a dram or three of my aged single malt.

Just like the old days where I came home with a box of VB and was a total asshole :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: 8-}

Now Friday nights are crown seal bottles just in case I can get a shipment of apples soon as it is the season, SWMBO got me a book on making cider and man it has opened my eyes.

The wine press just needs one more visit but really I need an excuse to use it as this weekend I'm running my Licorice root vodka thats been sitting in some 90% for 2 weeks :handgestures-thumbupleft: I did buy a tub for it and the give a fuck factor kicked in so it didn't get finished :music-deathmetal:

Anyway time for a good action movie and the complaints when I ask for a beer, now as I am the bread winner in this house the fact the other members are all of that other sex it just won't happen :laughing-rolling:

Wellsy I reckon I have enough of that original Licorice Root that has sat in the bottle at full strength for eons to send you over a sample :handgestures-thumbupleft: so you can use it as a gauge on the batch you did. If done right and left to age at full strength this recipe is golden.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby Wellsy » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Thanks Bryan
I made mine at 50%
Best I can get out of the pot still is around the 78 - 75 %.
I have some more hearts so will sent another batch soon. SWMBO loves the gin so the hearts are being diverted at the moment lol.
Got to love a hobby where both love the results it produces
Wellsy

Postby RuddyCrazy » Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:53 pm

Well after this mornings cofuffle where SWMBO had a go at all of the daughters over not making lunch for school and to make it now where they missed the bus and I had to take em in and one the way home decided to empty some bottles I've sitting had there for 5 years :obscene-drinkingchug: That 5 year old Manzano Chilli vodka is the staple for the day and decided my Mulled Orange Brandy is ready for bottling as it's been ages for 9 months so went to the box where I got some bottles off my mate at the bottle shop. Well every empty bottle had a dram :handgestures-thumbupleft: and 10 year old Whisky does need a few sniffs and time before enjoying and after 10 bottles man I know my gear is way better as every dram had the taste of heads :handgestures-thumbdown:

Decanted the last of my 5 year old Licorice root and on filling a 700ml bottle the ABV was 39% so sworry Welly's you aint getting it :laughing-rolling:

Seriously thinking of my old ways where with my 25 litre boiler I just put a couple of bricks on the top to seal it. :scared-eek: Now with the hearts off this Angel yeast may have to revisit old trates and do a 40% spirit run with my 2" pot still to finish this project off then put it on oak for a year.

But as this afternoon is going on saw a few coffee tins so time to make more cones and in the morning attack the trees that have grown to stop my wind turbine getting the best wind in the hope of finding hollow logs or just firewood later on.

Anyway tomorrow time to go visit the apple store and see if I can get 50 kg of cider apples so I have an excuse to finish my wine press :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Well had a day in the shed today so the start was some of my neutral then onto that 150ml bottle of my single malt AG so I could use that said bottle to try out some of my fruit brandies :obscene-drinkingdrunk: The Strawberry Brandy thats been aging now for a while has started to really bring out the fruit and that was a nice drop. Next was the pleach brandy that hasn't aged that long but man the fruit came out so it can only get better, next was the apple brandy that has been aging for 14 months and man finally the apple is coming thru. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Yesterday I put down another TPW to make more neutral and found the other fermeter was pretty quiet so measured the PH and it just under 3 :scared-eek: so with a bit of baking soda to get the PH back to 5.5 it's now in tandem with the other fermenter bubbling away :handgestures-thumbupleft:

On my last beer of the 6 pack of Lash's and got a 2 litre bottle of coke so may need to go back upto the shed and make a fresh blend of the AG or just use my licorice root vodka bottle sitting at the table :laughing-rolling:

Man it's a hard life being semi retired :laughing-rolling: and with my glass still now setup this weekend time to refine my liqueur skills :handgestures-thumbupleft:

With the next bottle swap when I get those 250ml bottles I'm sure it will be hard to beat the taste but eh it's all about sharing :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby bluc » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:05 pm

White lightning :D
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby Nathan02 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:03 pm

Third gen bubbler rum on port soaked American oak. 6 months old very nice
Last edited by Nathan02 on Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nathan02

equipment: 6" 4 plate bubbler with optional packed section.

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat May 08, 2021 5:42 pm

Well with this new job worked today and brought home 8 150 lash's so to keep the lash's going I'm going some of my moonshine and man that licorice root I made a long time ago is going done well aswell as my AG that has aged for close to 12 months. It may be time to stagger upto the shed and grab that bottle of the AG to finish the night. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Man with the hurry up and wait time has proven my drops are bloody nice and it worth the wait :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Tasting my brandies well the apple is just starting to come thru, the strawberry is getting there, the orange mulled brandy is bottled and is a top drop and the pleach is getting there.

The Quince ferment is chugging along and as one of my TPW ferments is done I'll transfer the 5 Star heat belt to the quince ferment so when I'm in the shed it can get warmer. Now as I didn't see any airlock action after 2 days I opened up the Quince ferment and man was their a cap forming. :handgestures-thumbupleft: Checked today when I went to the shed and it's bubbling away.

As usual I'll get up early and got a job of washing a heap of bottles so I can bottle that lager and give my listeroid a good run to charge the batteries for the largering time as that fridge does suck the power :angry-banghead:

But with this new job working 6 days a week just leaves a Saturday night to have some fun :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: as going to work on Monday is not an option :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat May 08, 2021 6:11 pm

Well settled on my version of a drambie mix with the tintures i did and man with a dram the pepper came out followed by a hit with the other herbs coming after. As this is my first liqueur it coming along nicely and as a gal said at the bottleshop this drop will be nice beside a open fire on a cold winters night. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Man after having a dram the taste is still coming thru :scared-eek: so best have another one :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby bluc » Sat May 08, 2021 9:30 pm

gen 12 barely oaked orange sour angel...
bluc
Site Donor

Postby Wellsy » Sun May 09, 2021 3:50 pm

Enjoying the old faithful BWKO that has been on oak for 4 months so tasting lovely.
Sitting on the front verandah enjoying the last of the suns warmth for the day.
Makes you wonder what the poor people are doing lol
Wellsy

Postby BigRig » Sun May 09, 2021 6:04 pm

bluc wrote:gen 12 barely oaked orange sour angel...

Whats this ?
BigRig

equipment: FSD 4" Mac SSG, 50L Milk Can, 2 x 2400w elements, 35L Digiboil Boiler, Airstill.

Postby bluc » Sun May 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Angel yeast sour mash on new American oak. At the moment its orange like angostura bitters....
bluc
Site Donor

Postby bluc » Sun May 09, 2021 9:17 pm

Angel yeast sour mash gen 12 on new American oak. At the moment its orange like angostura bitters....
bluc
Site Donor

Postby Wellsy » Sun May 16, 2021 4:30 pm

Sitting by the fire pit in the BBQ shed listening to Elvis Costello tunes sipping on a new concoction. Let’s call it whiska, a mix of vodka and whiskey. My whiskey was over oak and I had no more white dog to dilute it down so threw some vodka at it, smoothed it out perfectly.
Wellsy

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit