What's everyone drinking?

All general & off topic posts go here
Live Chat Is Here

Re: What's everyone drinking?

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:54 pm

Been sippin on some of the white spirits today to see how they are travelling and a taste of the Chilli Brandy was like :scared-eek: man this is nice :music-deathmetal:

Decanted a bottle of neutral for SWMBO and with no 12 month CFW left it was time to sample the 4 month old so decanted some for tonights drop.
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby Plumby » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Sampling my very first rum spirit run that's 4 weeks old today. Its very nice, don't know why I waited so long too make rum.
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby Nino » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Limoncello and mineral water, sooooo yummy :-D
Nino

equipment: Black Mangus reflux still and 30lt boiler. 4" Modular pot still from FSD. Now a 50lt keg boiler with 2 2400 watt heating elements and a controller. 5 plate bubbler with a 500mm packed section

Postby Woods314 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Went to the Bundaberg distillery and bought one of those 4.5 litre oak barrels, this is before I was distilling. Any how, put some Bundy in it and after about six weeks pulled it out and it tasted pretty good. Tried it again but after six weeks it didn’t have near the extra flavour of the first batch, but still good. Bare with me, so tried another batch of Bundy in the barrel and not much extra flavour. So the barrel sat empty for a while, well too long, and when I thought I should have another go, I realised it would not hold liquid and a test soon confirmed that. So contrary to everything I read about barrel very rarely reseal, I soaked it in water for a few days. I then checked to see if it had sealed up and Lo and behold it had taken up. Being a suspicious person, I didn’t want to risk anything expensive in the barrel in case it leaked, not to mention the missus would have been all over me if there were puddles on the lounge room floor. So I went to his majesty, Dan Murphy, and bought some reasonably price tawny ( ya can’t call it Port any more) and put it in the barrel. Well after about 6 months with only a small sticky spot under the barrel, I tried it and it was pretty good, so that is what I am drinking!
Woods314

equipment: T500 and pot still attachment.

Postby Otago Elvis » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Beer
Otago Elvis

equipment: Potstill

Postby Woods314 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:16 pm

Woods314 wrote:Went to the Bundaberg distillery and bought one of those 4.5 litre oak barrels, this is before I was distilling. Any how, put some Bundy in it and after about six weeks pulled it out and it tasted pretty good. Tried it again but after six weeks it didn’t have near the extra flavour of the first batch, but still good. Bare with me, so tried another batch of Bundy in the barrel and not much extra flavour. So the barrel sat empty for a while, well too long, and when I thought I should have another go, I realised it would not hold liquid and a test soon confirmed that. So contrary to everything I read about barrel very rarely reseal, I soaked it in water for a few days. I then checked to see if it had sealed up and Lo and behold it had taken up. Being a suspicious person, I didn’t want to risk anything expensive in the barrel in case it leaked, not to mention the missus would have been all over me if there were puddles on the lounge room floor. So I went to his majesty, Dan Murphy, and bought some reasonably price tawny ( ya can’t call it Port any more) and put it in the barrel. Well after about 6 months with only a small sticky spot under the barrel, I tried it and it was pretty good, so that is what I am drinking!

And itsh soho good, I’m having more another won.
Woods314

equipment: T500 and pot still attachment.

Postby Rumbo stiller » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:44 pm

Hey, rum drinker here too, sitting back having a 5 month old rum which has been sitting on wood chips. Very smooth.
Rumbo stiller

equipment: Turbo 500

Postby bluc » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:47 pm

And add another drinking rum creeping up to 4months in the 10l barrel :handgestures-thumbupleft: :D
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby dans.brew » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:24 pm

Must be the night for Rum!
Just helped myself to a 17 month old bottle. :-D
Mighty fine drop too... if i do say so myself.
Not sure i would want a mouthful of commercial stuff after it thats for sure! :puke-huge:
dans.brew

equipment: Pure Distilling Reflux Still
2" Pot Still with lieberg
4" x 4 plates Bubbler with 2"bubble caps on 50ltr keg boiler

Postby Plumby » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm

More rum and possibly some whiskey
Plumby

equipment: 50 litre keg boiler with a 2200watt element and a 2 inch pot still called Shaniqua with a 32mm over 19mm 800mm long liebig condenser attached.

Postby pingu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:00 pm

VB
pingu

equipment: 2" Pot with Shotgun on Keg

Postby shortcut » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:23 pm

Just nailed half a bottle of Boronia on ice.
Full of piss and bad manners.
Boronia is like a spiced port. Wicked good, wicked cheap.
shortcut

equipment: Keggomax-CM
unfinished copper pot still

Postby Dig Brinker » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:41 pm

shortcut wrote:Just nailed half a bottle of Boronia on ice.
Full of piss and bad manners.
Boronia is like a spiced port. Wicked good, wicked cheap.

Just don’t do another Shortcut tonight!!!! :laughing-rolling:

Oh and drinking JDKO
Last edited by Dig Brinker on Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dig Brinker

equipment: 4 inch 4 plate bubbler on keg boiler

Postby Astro » Tue May 01, 2018 11:54 pm

bluc wrote:Giving rum a nudge tonight. Mmm banana rum. Flavour changes never cease to amaze me..

Couldnt find a thread on this banana rum mate and keen as mustard to give it a crack :happy-partydance:

did you just ad it to the wash when fermenting?
Astro

equipment: 2" pot and 2" bok on 50ltr elec keg boiler

Postby bluc » Wed May 02, 2018 10:24 am

Astro where did I write that I have never done anything with bananas. :wtf:
bluc
Site Donor

Postby Astro » Wed May 02, 2018 11:45 am

bluc wrote:Astro where did I write that I have never done anything with bananas. :wtf:

haha came up in the what im drinking tonight thread when i was searching for banana rum recipe
Astro

equipment: 2" pot and 2" bok on 50ltr elec keg boiler

Postby bluc » Wed May 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Astro wrote:
bluc wrote:Astro where did I write that I have never done anything with bananas. :wtf:

haha came up in the what im drinking tonight thread when i was searching for banana rum recipe

Ahh ok I remember it had a hint of banana flavour from ester no actually made rum from banana.I see tedysad made one though :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

Postby Darwin award » Wed May 02, 2018 6:06 pm

Gin, then rum....or maybe straight onto the rum. The gin louched like buggery but tastes great, the rum was retrieved from a mate who doesn't drink much after I ran out...
Darwin award
Site Donor

equipment: Reflux still 1x store bought 1x home made copper 1 x eBay pot still....1 FSD Neutralizer set up and happy in it's new home

Postby orcy » Wed May 02, 2018 8:38 pm

6 month old barreled light rum. Not super as a sipper, but it makes a great rum and coke.
orcy

equipment: Old style T500 style still. honestly, I dont even remember who made it anymore
4 inch soon to be modular pot.

Postby TasSpirits » Fri May 04, 2018 10:23 pm

Wedding Anniversary today, went out for dinner and had a wee glass of BELLE EPOQUE to wash it down, well done Doc :handgestures-thumbupleft:
TasSpirits

equipment: Some FSD Gear as well as some home-made

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit