Postby The Stig » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:27 pm

Had a few already :music-deathmetal:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Re: What's everyone drinking?

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Got home only to find 9 Boags Premium beers in my esky so knocking them down before SWMBO gets home just so she drive me in to get another slab. :laughing-rolling:

Oh and what a Head Job from the South Aussie bloke who was lucky enough to make it in the the Aussie team.

Should change my nic to occasional Bender but I do think it may be taken.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby fishfingers » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:29 pm

Drinking my spiced rum.
Check out my spice rum in Recipe in Development section.
Can a mod please give this one a go.
I have used this recipe for a long time now and its truly a great spiced rum that all will enjoy.
Easy to make and great to drink.
Ultimately would like to see this recipe in tried & proven section
Have fun
Fishfingers
fishfingers

equipment: Air Still

Postby RuddyCrazy » Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:27 pm

Well long weekend here and yesterday had the guys here from the mine taking soil samples. I told them just use the rear gate where they said there was noway they would drive over it due to the rabbit holes all over it. So went and had a look this morning and thought well time to have some fun with the grader blade and my tractor. 4 hours later all finished and it did take about 3 hours to get rid of that 20 ton pile of roadbase I got delivered there free about 3 years ago.

Came back over the hill for lunch and thought bugger didn't buy a slab last night :angry-banghead: Anyway the main reason for doing the verge is I had to cross the ravine to fix the rear fence to stop my remaining sheep from getting out, which was the main trial they would take when trying to round them up. While I was there found the spring fed dam was out of water so thats tomorrows job and more fun of the tractor.

Anyway got back over the hill at looked at the time 6pm :scared-eek: shit been going since 6.30am too :laughing-rolling: so straight off to the bottlo for a slab of pales and a bag of ice.

So pale ales on the menu tonight and plenty left on ice for tomorrow after dredging the dam.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

equipment: 4" copper bubbler with a setup for Neutral and a thumper for Whisky and my old 5 litre pot for doing maceration runs and MiniMe the baby pot still

Postby bluc » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:06 pm

Sugarhead whiskey and coke :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

equipment: 2" pot with 2" shotty 400mm long 5x 1/2" on a t500 boiler.
50l keg boiler 4" still mount 4" sight glass 1" drain..
4 plate 4" bubbler, 600mm packed section

Postby The Stig » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:08 pm

Weetbix and rye on ice :dance:
The Stig
Site Nerd

equipment: Only the Best will Do.
Mac4 SSG Bubbles of Joy

Postby bluc » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:17 pm

White sugarhead whiskey :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

Postby Birdman85 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:03 pm

My mums filthy flavoured TPW home brew Jack Daniels knockoff.

She really doesn't put any love into her liquor
Birdman85

equipment: 50L keg boiler, home made modular 2" pot still and CCVM.

Turbo500 (birthday gift)

Postby Tesla101 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:51 pm

Well not quite drinking yet, but I bought myself one of those cold brew coffee gizmos and put down an espresso infused vodka batch tonight.

Will let youse know how it went in about a week or so
Tesla101

equipment: ......

Postby bluc » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Anymore info there tesela are you adding coffee then redistilling or bubbling through carter head or just adding cold brewed to vodka?
bluc
Site Donor

Postby Tesla101 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:09 pm

bluc,

Pretty much just an up-scaled version of the T&P Espresso Infused Vodka on here.

1L cold brewed coffee
1L 92% hearts
1L filtered water
500g sugar
1 vanilla bean, split

Dissolved the sugar in the water, waited for it to cool then put it all into a 5L demi. Should come out at about 28-30%.
Tesla101

Postby RuddyCrazy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:01 pm

Well got another 5 day weekend due to a total lack of work where I work, they lost a huge contract and now there's a huge void so time for some fun on the farm.

Still got close to a doz of James Boag's Premium Lager so rocked home with a bag of ice, also got a small bottle of my mulled orange brandy I made last month and every week on oak is making it that much better.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Well as I have few 1/2 bottles with no names on them the memory has faded on just what they are :teasing-tease: now as my taste buds are dead afterall I'm a smoker and finally worked out how make my homemade cigars work :laughing-rolling: so my tastebuds are dead and buried :)) But who cares its xmas and I need the bottles :laughing-rolling:

Just decantered some Strawberry Brandy so when The Stig gets around to tasting that sample I sent up we can compare notes :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Well made trip into my new local bottle shop and handed the owner a small bottle of my mulled Orange brandy and he said Bryan if you want a slab of lash's give me $40 and thats with ice mate. The cheapest lash's for me to date :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Re: What's everyone drinking on Xmas Day

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:27 am

Well for me sent SWMBO down to get a bag of ice and my favourite beer 150 Lash's is on the menu, this morning had a few drams of my 5 yr old Manzano Chilli Brandy and thought rather than waste a full bottle better send a small bottle back to The Stig so he can try it first :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: After the Strawberry Brandy fiasco me think better to send a sample before sending a litre bottle for not to go down nice as those timid QLD taste bud's may be hurt from SA moonshine :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby bluc » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:10 pm

Rum and eggnog.. :handgestures-thumbupleft:
bluc
Site Donor

Postby Tesla101 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Started with a 4 Pines Pale Ale, to go with the turkey Christmas lunch. Followed by a homegrown Coffee Liqueur whilst listening to Pink Floyd's Animals re-issue on vinyl that I got for Christmas. Now just kicking back with some homegrown Gin & Tonic before I peel the prawns for dinner.

Such a tough life....lol
Tesla101

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:32 pm

With only 2 lash's left time to go upto the shed and visit my first AG Barley run, now the last run I did with the ferments was thru a pot still and not my 4 plate bubbler so being left now for over 6 months it may time to decanter some and have some on the ice left I have in my esky.

Now when i temper down my spirits I will do one at 40% and one at 42% and have a look at the difference, in some of my experiments that extra 2% does carry over more flavour and makes for a much better drink.

Now for a guy that never drank spirits before I learned the craft I can say I will never go back and it is this forum where I have learned my craft and a heap of great members have kept me coming back so i can share my knowledge in the best way to suit this forum.

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RuddyCrazy » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:35 pm

Well I did a blend for that smoke run where I used 500ml of the first run of single malt then had a dram of the second generation where I thought this needs a bit more age so put 500mls in. Now the third generation where both corn and barely was thrown with the dram it was WOW :teasing-tease: so put 1.5 litres in.

This morning decided to have a dram of the blend :obscene-drinkingchug: and man it blew my socks off :teasing-tease: after tasting that expensive bottle I got from Tubbsy :handgestures-thumbupleft: this stuff beats it hands down without smoke and peat :laughing-rolling:

On the forum it said it was The Stig's birthday so I pm'd him saying he can have a choice of my 5 year old chilli brandy or a bottle of this blend.
Well the answer was a bottle of the blend :handgestures-thumbupleft: So it's going up @65% with a fresh French Oak toasted/charred Oak chip just for fun to see if he can wait for it to fully develop :laughing-rolling:

Anyway as these 150 lash's are only mid strength they are going down like water today :laughing-rolling: and with decantering the bottle i took doen to the local bottlo for my mate who runs it had about 150ml left over. Got a bit of ice left but this stuff doesn't need it as it glides down and leaves a taste better than what you can buy at great expense.
\
So for me one stubbie and a dram one stubbie and a dram and when the stubbies are gone time to decanter more but remember leave enough for The Stig :laughing-rolling:

Cheers Bryan
RuddyCrazy
Mentor

Postby RC Al » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:10 pm

Ended up separated from my drinks cupboard for new years..
Splurged a whole $55 on this, my first bottle in more than a year. Not used to oak atm so I thought it was a bit woody at first, but is a good drop with little detectable heads or tails and I would have to say very much that I recommend it :handgestures-thumbupleft:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RC Al
Mentor

equipment: 3 plate 4" glasser
2" Potty

PreviousNext

Return to The Dunder Pit